PDA

View Full Version : Key Sheath

marquish
03-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Does anyone know where I can buy a spyder key sheath? I am a new (USED)spyder owner and only have one key and no sheath. I am afraid I am going to lose it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marq
2011 RS-S owner

SpyderAnn01
03-04-2013, 10:46 AM
:welcome: you can purchase one from your dealer. They may have to order it for you but they are only a few dollars each.

grumpybob
03-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Does anyone know where I can buy a spyder key sheath? I am a new (USED)spyder owner and only have one key and no sheath. I am afraid I am going to lose it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marq
2011 RS-S owner

I lost my key sheath and the only place I could find on was at the SpYder dealer. They had to order it, If I remember correctly it was $10.00.

Cruzr Joe
03-04-2013, 11:13 AM

Marq
2011 RS-S owner

You should go to your dealer and have him make you a duplicate key and then you can order an extra sheath at the same time, if i remember correctly you will need the spyder at the dealership so they can match the keys keys.

Cruzr Joe

NancysToy
03-04-2013, 11:19 AM
As was said, see your dealer...or order direct from http://store.spyder.brp.com/?country=US&current_catalog=0
It sounds like you need a new key, too. The dealer will also have to order that, and program the new one. Some dealers can't cut them, though, so you may have to get the blank from the dealer, take it to a key shop, then return to the dealer for programming. Be prepared, they don't give the chipped keys away, unless you have a very friendly dealer who will cut you a good price.

Oldmanzues
03-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Having at least two keys is cheap insurance in my opinion. You lose the only key, big buck for a new unit of some kind. I was told $1200.00. I have a couple spares, lost one.
Oldmanzues

Bob Denman
03-04-2013, 11:51 AM
:welcome:

boborgera
03-04-2013, 12:22 PM
I never used the sheath, Never trusted them to hold the key, As a matter of fact when i traded in my Spyder i thew both of them with the extra key two extra W/shields, and some assorted stuff that BRP sent me over the years in the trunk for the new owner, Who ever that might have been.:dontknow: But it is a good idea to at least have an extra key made up. I don't know why they don't use a system like in my T/G, No key needed, Instead of a key i have a electronic fob, And if you forget it [done that] just punch in your code and your on your way.

Chupaca
03-04-2013, 12:26 PM
More than a sheath start with a spare key. If you have to order one I'm sure you can with the sheath. Micro chipped keys are costly and have to be programmed to your bike. Good luck with that but mostly welcome to the spyder world...:ohyea:

ARtraveler
03-04-2013, 02:32 PM
:welcome:

Good advice on getting a spare key made. That is good insurance that you may never need to use it. Keys with the electronic chips are very expensive to replace--last rental car--I was told a $450 key charge if I lost it. Not sure about the :spyder2:, but what was posted seems right.

I always carry a spare, and use the sheath for it. They are in my pocket though, and not dangling from a key ring.

Cruzr Joe
03-04-2013, 03:03 PM
In the for what it is worth category.................My dealer charged me $35.00 for a spare key and setup.

Cruzr joe

Tx web rider
03-04-2013, 03:05 PM
when i went to my local dealer the first time with my used spyder i asked about them they gave me 2 of them free

never hurts to ask