PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Extension for us taller types. Anyone tried one? thoughts?

kbfk
03-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Hello fellow spyder riders. I have a long torso and am looking for a higher windshield. Currently 25" seems to be the tallest I can find for my RT. However, I saw a windshield extension sold by twisted throttle http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-x-creen-add-on-variable-windscreen-spoiler-blade-bolt-on . Has anyone tried one of these or something like it and if so what did you think? Or someone knows where I can get a taller windshield all the better.

Thanks ahead of type for the advice.

MidLifeCrisis
03-03-2013, 04:37 PM
I have a 2010 windshield that's 27" high and a bit wider that may work better for you. Let me know and we can something out.

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Hello fellow spyder riders. I have a long torso and am looking for a higher windshield. Currently 25" seems to be the tallest I can find for my RT. However, I saw a windshield extension sold by twisted throttle http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-x-creen-add-on-variable-windscreen-spoiler-blade-bolt-on . Has anyone tried one of these or something like it and if so what did you think? Or someone knows where I can get a taller windshield all the better.

Thanks ahead of type for the advice. Look back on 2-15-13, a thread started by Spy601 "windshield question"......it's currently on page # 2.......Mike

Motorcycledave
03-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Go check out the laminar lip at www.laminarlip.com
it works great and is fully adjustable
Dave

Bryk
03-04-2013, 07:44 AM
I have that exact one. I used it on my Victory Cross Country Tour which I am in the process of trading in for an ST. It worked pretty well. I don't use it anymore(won't need it for the ST since I am getting a taller windshield) so I would definitely be willing to part with it if you want it. I would be willing to give it at a reasonable price like $75 (shipping included). PM me if you are interested. (I used it for 2-3 months).