PDA

View Full Version : Exhausting mistake

flybuddy
03-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Working today on changing out rear tire. Got it off but don't have use of tire machine till this afternoon SOOO I decided to pull exhaust down as I had a leaky gasket. In reading posts it looked like the honda gaskets were the way to go (should have read further) so I had ordered them previously and had them in hand. When I got the old ones off it was obvious that the hondas won't fit. Looking at BRP parts list and found that my RT uses a different gasket ( part#707600650). Does anyone know where I can order these tomorrow that will ship Fedex? (I'm retired Fedex)..My local dealer is closed Mondays and unfortunately carries almost zero BRP parts in stock. I'm leaving the tire off till I'm done with exhaust as it's easier to work on. thx

Jeriatric
03-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Pitbull?

Spydr in KS
03-03-2013, 10:58 AM
These guys are a site sponsor and seem to have a lot of inventory

http://www.robsperformance.com/

Tx web rider
03-03-2013, 12:04 PM
the honda gaskets are for the y pipe where it comes off the motor the turn out gasket is different found that out the hard way also went to my closest dealer picked one up and they gave me the rt gasket which didn't fit had to get them to ship me a rs one i think the down tube y pipe gaskets are the same from what i read

i don't think there is a Honda crossover for the gasket at the muffler

NancysToy
03-03-2013, 01:20 PM
The Honda gaskets will not fit the RT. That fix was for the early GS.

daveinva
03-03-2013, 01:34 PM
What folks above said:

-- The Honda gaskets only fit the Y-gaskets on the RS, not the RT
-- ... which doesn't matter anyway, as the exhaust gasket on both bikes is a different size than the Y-gasket

Best bet is picking one up at the dealer. Get two, they're cheap, handy to have a spare.

flybuddy
03-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Thx for the responses..Dealer was open to the town south of me but they didn't have in stock. Parts guy told me that my local dealer (who's not open today or tomorrow) does show it in stock. Interesting parts system they must have to be able to see stock at a competitor.

JJW SpyderRider
03-03-2013, 04:06 PM
I just looked up the RT Y gaskets myself last night and found the same thing about the different gaskets.

Just an FYI I do have two sets of Honda gaskets from my old GS that I won't be needing. If there is any GS owners out there that still need to make the switch from stock to the Honda gaskets please send me a PM.

Frank G
03-03-2013, 06:56 PM
You may try Honda East in the morning, There info is on the home page, open at 9:30. I have found that they carry a fair amount of parts.

flybuddy
03-03-2013, 07:43 PM
You may try Honda East in the morning, There info is on the home page, open at 9:30. I have found that they carry a fair amount of parts.

Good thought, I've ordered from them before. I'll check around tomorrow and order from somewhere. I'm not putting a lot of faith in my local dealer having them in stock.