PDA

View Full Version : Question about view counts

Spyderjockey
03-02-2013, 07:47 AM
I have noticed that when I view a post and then go back to it the view count hasn't changed. I've also noticed that some posts will have more replies than view counts and wondered how this is possible? Not an earth shattering concern just curious? :dontknow:

SPYD1
03-02-2013, 07:51 AM
I noticed if you reply it doesn't count in the view. That answers part of your question. BTW my wife says Hi to yours. It has been along time since we met you great people.

Spyderjockey
03-02-2013, 08:50 AM
I noticed if you reply it doesn't count in the view. That answers part of your question. BTW my wife says Hi to yours. It has been along time since we met you great people.

Yes I think it will be 3 years this year since we were out to Michigan. We really had a really great time out there and and enjoyed meeting you guys and all the others. Are you guys going to Spyderfest this year by any chance......if you are we'll have to make sure we get together!:yes: If not maybe we will see again somewhere at antoher event and/or if you guys get out this way(SITA will be in August again I believe this year) let us know so we can meet up with you.

My wife said to say Hi back to you guys.......Spyder friendships last forever!!:thumbup:

BTW thanks for the info on views.

Hope to see you guys again this year!!!!

SPYD1
03-02-2013, 08:55 AM
We miss you guys. We won't be able to make it this year. My sis is coming in from Aussie for a visit. Both of our boys are getting married. The wife is getting foot surgery. That pretty much fills this summer up.

Spyderjockey
03-02-2013, 09:11 AM
We miss you guys. We won't be able to make it this year. My sis is coming in from Aussie for a visit. Both of our boys are getting married. The wife is getting foot surgery. That pretty much fills this summer up.

Sonds like you guys have a lot going on. Good luck to your wife on her surgery and also for the weddings and have a great time with your sister. I know we'll see you guys again sometime.

Blue Star
03-02-2013, 09:15 AM
I have noticed that when I view a post and then go back to it the view count hasn't changed. I've also noticed that some posts will have more replies than view counts and wondered how this is possible? Not an earth shattering concern just curious? :dontknow:

I read on a post a long time ago that if you return to a post it remembers you, and will not recount you.

ARtraveler
03-02-2013, 04:42 PM
It appears that you either make a reply or a view to a post. It will count one or the other--but not both.

Sting
03-02-2013, 04:50 PM
I have been the administrator of other forum boards and if Spyderlovers is like the rest, then the post count does not update at the "very" moment you look at a thread. It is updated hourly. Every hour you will notice the "views" change however "posts" are updated at the moment a post is made. I think you will see that is how most forums "views" and "posts" work.