PDA

View Full Version : ANY AZ SPYDERS OUT THERE??

RTVIPER
03-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Where have all you AZ :spyder2: disappeared to? Does anyone ride anymore or have you all moved on? :dontknow:

MidLifeCrisis
03-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Still around. Never see any other Spyders though! I think everyone else went back to Harleys!

MidLifeCrisis
03-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Wow! Everyone else really did vanish:yikes:!!!

Montery
03-03-2013, 04:50 PM
There are afew of us here in Lake Havasu City:rolleyes:

Spacetrucker
03-03-2013, 05:01 PM
15 teen of us here at the race in ph,az 30 spyders in all come on over at the track. Here we are ..

LJspydee
03-03-2013, 09:24 PM
We are in Casa Grande until Spyderfest. Then we will be in Iowa for the summer. I know there are others in the area.

Jeriatric
03-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Who's game for meeting somewhere on the river in the next month or so?

MidLifeCrisis
03-03-2013, 11:04 PM
That may be doable. It's on my list of places to go on the Spyder.

Big Arm
03-03-2013, 11:36 PM
Another misplaced Iowan here in Tucson..........looking for other ryders :ohyea:
met and rode with one from OK, but he left, and met another from AK but haven't rode together yet. :popcorn:
PM me if you want to meet up.
Will be here for another six weeks......then will see you all at Spyderfest. :yes:

YumaJim
03-04-2013, 08:41 PM
I think I'm the only resident Spyder Ryder in Yuma. Seen a few winter visitors at stores, bowling alley, etc and leave them a note to call to go ryding. No one has called in 2 years.

All alone in Yuma...

Spacetrucker
03-05-2013, 01:18 AM
Well at the race this weekend in Ph,Az their was 30 bikes here, so their are 10 from Ph,Az that was with me. So their are some but they all work late shifted but do rides on weekend. They meet at the old flying j trucks top on sat and Sunday in am about 7 am for rides...

SpyderAnn01
03-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Today was girl's ride day and we went to Lake Havasu City for lunch. We ate lunch on the island and as we were heading back to 95 we saw 2 Spyders across the highway. We were in the turn lane so we couldn't go across to see them.

AZSPYDER
03-16-2013, 10:47 AM
We are still alive and well. Won't be getting back on the Harley. My wife saw a group of 10 Spyders in metro Phoenix, any clues as to the group?

Kungfuspyder
03-16-2013, 11:53 AM
I think I'm the only resident Spyder Ryder in Yuma. Seen a few winter visitors at stores, bowling alley, etc and leave them a note to call to go ryding. No one has called in 2 years.

All alone in Yuma...
Did you meet up with Fred when he passed through your area?

Bernie
03-31-2013, 10:36 PM
Headed for Missouri in April again this year. had a lot of fun last year in Cuba. Looking forward to Ozark this year.

Bernie
Queen Creek, AZ

M109Dreamer
03-31-2013, 10:52 PM
We are still here in Gilbert. Just got back from Afghanistan and the wife and I did a trip to TX last week. We will be heading to Motorcycles on Main this Friday if anyone will be in the Mesa area?

http://www.downtownmesa.com/index.php/mom

blambert
04-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Bernie,

My wife an I are also heading to Spyderfest in April (Live in Phoenix) - plan to leave the Sunday before and stay in Albu NM, Amarillo TX, OK City then on to Ozark when you heading out?

jimmykjimmy
04-18-2013, 10:04 PM
Well I guess we can meet up in October or November. I live in Tucson, Oro Valley. Still work in MN, anyway stay in touch

Another misplaced Iowan here in Tucson..........looking for other ryders :ohyea:
met and rode with one from OK, but he left, and met another from AK but haven't rode together yet. :popcorn:
PM me if you want to meet up.
Will be here for another six weeks......then will see you all at Spyderfest. :yes:

DeeDeeakaPita
04-22-2013, 09:29 AM
My husband and I live in Vail. Just got my ST Limited 3 wks ago and love it! I am handicapped (hate that label) and can no longer hold up a two wheel motorcycle so the Spyder was a dream come true. I can ride with my husband (he has a Harley) and feel independent in doing so. :clap:

dizzyspots
05-07-2013, 10:35 PM
How are you enjoying your RT...we last spoke when your were headed home from LA with your new ride

Mike
Vail, AZ

Who's game for meeting somewhere on the river in the next month or so?

AZCowboy
07-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Hey there a few of us in the North West part of the state. I am in Golden Valley, AZ and there some in Kingman as well. Two of us are part of the Rt. 66 Riders. If any of you are up this way just drop me a email. azcowboy@datamaxemail.com We ride a 2012 Spyder RT Ltd. With all of it's problems we a fixing them and have fun with it. :spyder2: RJ

Khaki
04-12-2014, 11:18 PM
Where have all you AZ :spyder2: disappeared to? Does anyone ride anymore or have you all moved on? :dontknow:

There are several of us in Sun City Festival (Buckeye). Anybody going to Spyderfest? There are two of us going from here and would like company on the road.

RTVIPER
04-14-2014, 08:13 PM
There are several of us in Sun City Festival (Buckeye). Anybody going to Spyderfest? There are two of us going from here and would like company on the road.

not able to make Spyderfest this year. Be safe and have fun.

NautiBrit
04-14-2014, 10:13 PM
We're heading out from Peoria on Wednesday, 6/25 and will be in Durango that evening.

Questions
07-21-2014, 01:10 PM
I'm new to this board. Is there an active Spyder riding group out there? With the cool weather coming soon to Arizona (well, not so soon), I'd like to help form one if there isn't, and be part of one if there is.

Thanks

dizzyspots
07-22-2014, 11:59 AM
nothing formal that Im aware of...just a posting here or there and show up...we're headed to the Spyders in the Redwoods event on the 1st....

master1309
07-22-2014, 11:19 PM
Hi, Ridin spidey in Tolleson AZ. 2011 RS-S with 13K milrs. Looove it!!!!:yes: Crashed my Harley in 2008 into a guard rail near Payson. Lost 1/2 of left leg and ruined left forearm. EVERYDAY is a good day.

Big Bird
08-23-2014, 03:48 AM
We've moved from Westminster, South Carolina to Mohave Valley, AZ. I see a few spyders here and there... most look like out of towners... Where on the River do ya'll want to meet at? I'm 3 blocks from it. Needles is across the river from me. That should give you some land marks... Glenn aka Big Bird Howdy AZCowboy:shocked:

AZCowboy
08-23-2014, 10:54 AM
We've moved from Westminster, South Carolina to Mohave Valley, AZ. I see a few spyders here and there... most look like out of towners... Where on the River do ya'll want to meet at? I'm 3 blocks from it. Needles is across the river from me. That should give you some land marks... Glenn aka Big Bird Howdy AZCowboy:shocked:

Hi Glenn it seems everytime i try to come visit you my 2012 Spyder RT Limited breaks down again. This time I only had it out of the shop a short time then it broke down 2 miles from my house. In the two years that I got it new I have had 15+ problems with it. After I got it back from my SE5 shift controller going bad the rear shock broke into two parts. Now they fixed that then found it damaged the rear shock air sensor now waiting on that. I am beginning to wonder who makes the biggest junk BRP or China? If you ever need to have your alignment checked I know a place in Las Vegas who does it with the laser. They did mine and I didn't tell them which way it pulled since new. They told me an they found it out by 3/4" on one wheel. They travel all over doing it an only found one in alignment. Well I don't have to worry about the heat problem with it or it catching fire from it anymore since I fixed it. Others are doing the same thing I did with good results.

I will let you know when I am on the road again and can walk again. AZCowboy :spyder2: :gaah:

Big Bird
08-23-2014, 02:08 PM
Hi Glenn it seems everytime i try to come visit you my 2012 Spyder RT Limited breaks down again. This time I only had it out of the shop a short time then it broke down 2 miles from my house. In the two years that I got it new I have had 15+ problems with it. After I got it back from my SE5 shift controller going bad the rear shock broke into two parts. Now they fixed that then found it damaged the rear shock air sensor now waiting on that. I am beginning to wonder who makes the biggest junk BRP or China? If you ever need to have your alignment checked I know a place in Las Vegas who does it with the laser. They did mine and I didn't tell them which way it pulled since new. They told me an they found it out by 3/4" on one wheel. They travel all over doing it an only found one in alignment. Well I don't have to worry about the heat problem with it or it catching fire from it anymore since I fixed it. Others are doing the same thing I did with good results.

I will let you know when I am on the road again and can walk again. AZCowboy :spyder2: :gaah:

Carmen and I were talking about your situation with the Spyder... she said that she'd make them replace the whole bike after that much trouble... 2 years and 3000 miles??? lolo my miles going back and forth to the shop than gettin to ride... I think you have my cell number... call me sometime... we're still looking at property up in the Valley...

Tony8472
08-27-2014, 01:16 PM
I live in Gilbert and I just bought my new 2014 Spyder RT 1 1/2 weeks ago. I couldn't find an official group in Arizona so I think we are on our own to find each other.

Mcubed45
08-27-2014, 01:46 PM
There's probably not enough of us for an "official" group, yet. But the numbers will keep growing. We'll get there, eventually.

M109Dreamer
08-27-2014, 02:36 PM
I live in Gilbert and I just bought my new 2014 Spyder RT 1 1/2 weeks ago. I couldn't find an official group in Arizona so I think we are on our own to find each other.
I am in Gilbert as well. Very few for sure.

sscheuer47
10-16-2014, 06:50 PM

I'm the new kid on the block here. I am rural between Coolidge and Florence. Looking for some riding folks too. Lets pick a place to meet sometime and go for brunch or something. I'm retired, so just about anytime is good for me. Wasn't there someone else near me? How about this Saturday, the 18th and meet somewhere in the valley at a convenient time. How about the Hawkins San Tan Village 16 at 2298 E Williams Field Road, Gilbert 85295. It is at E Williams Field Road and the 202 on the W side of 202. Should have a nice parking lot. I could be there in the morning at say 0900 or earlier. It will be a 45 min run to that location for me. We could take the 202 to 60 and on up toward Globe and take a break at Judy's for brunch just off the road (between Miami and Globe). A little over an hour up to Judy's. Tell me what you think. I'm open to suggestions.

sscheuer47
10-19-2014, 04:38 PM
No one showed up at the theater parking lot. Didn'd really expect any one with short notice but at least I received back two pm's and will try another time. So at 0915 we headed to Mesa for the 'Highway thunder' that tony8472 messaged me about. Saw one other Spyder. A yellow ST. Talked to them a short time. Sorry, don't remember your names. Thats what happens when you get older. She has a 2013 with the heat. I relayed what I have learned about the heat from reading this forum.

Mcubed45
10-19-2014, 04:56 PM
I'm disappointed that there wasn't more interest. I'm also retired and we can meet for coffee one morning this week in Coolidge, if you'd like. I also have a '13 ST with the heat issues.

M109Dreamer
10-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Wife and I would of liked to ride but I was working all weekend.

sscheuer47
10-19-2014, 11:42 PM
I'm disappointed that there wasn't more interest. I'm also retired and we can meet for coffee one morning this week in Coolidge, if you'd like. I also have a '13 ST with the heat issues.

PM sent

Haralda
01-16-2015, 09:05 AM
Is there a group here? Would like to join you for a ride.

Mcubed45
01-16-2015, 11:00 AM
There are a few of us scattered around the state.

sscheuer47
01-16-2015, 01:46 PM
Is there a group here? Would like to join you for a ride.

PM sent

dtkennney
01-25-2015, 12:17 PM
I am in a Green Valley until end of March. Would like to meet other Can Am riders.

You out can call me at

503-830-2907

BaldEagle
03-06-2015, 03:58 PM
In case any of you folks wanted to know, a new meet-up group called Can-Am Spyder Ryders of the Southwest :f_spider: has started in the northwest valley of Phoenix (Near Surprise, AZ). We currently have 15 members already and would be interested in having other ryders join us for rides and friendship. We are always looking for ideas for activities and ride locations. Getting ready for a ride to Bisbee, AZ, by way of Tombstone, for an overnight on March 14th & 15th. There will be staging locations on both sides of the valley. If interested, check out the meet-up site. Love to have you and welcome. :doorag: http://www.meetup.com/

Baldeagle (John G.)

ArachnidRyder
03-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Thanks for starting an AZ meetup group. I just joined. [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan McNally
03-06-2015, 07:03 PM
I'll be riding to Tucson in April . . . I know there are several Spyders there . . . one is riding from Tucson to Texas to meet me and a guy from Florida on a Victory, just to ride back to Tucson with us . . . Spyder riders are everywhere!

SporterSpider
03-06-2015, 07:53 PM
I will be relocating to Oro Valley in the future and am looking forward to riding with a group.

jaherbst
03-06-2015, 08:17 PM
I will be relocating to Oro Valley in the future and am looking forward to riding with a group.

I live in Oro Valley AZ. Both my wife Camille and I are very active riders along with many others here. PM me when you are coming and we will meet. My wife is also one of the top Realtors here if you need one. (Caldwell Banker) We have a club called Southeast Arizona Riders or SEAT. About 220 members and lots of Spyders.

Jack

AZ Y Factor
03-06-2015, 09:35 PM
I live in Oro Valley AZ. Both my wife Camille and I are very active riders along with many others here. PM me when you are coming and we will meet. My wife is also one of the top Realtors here if you need one. (Caldwell Banker) We have a club called Southeast Arizona Riders or SEAT. About 220 members and lots of Spyders.

Jack

Thanks Jack for the info on the club. I went to the SEAT website and looks like a great bunch of people.

Cindy

jaherbst
03-06-2015, 11:07 PM
Thanks Jack for the info on the club. I went to the SEAT website and looks like a great bunch of people.

Cindy

Nice friendly group. 5-7 women riding Spyders and 8-9 men. It's a mixed group with every brand. Very active with 3-4 rides each week and a lunchen the second weekend every month. A few of us ride every week if you would like to join us PM me.

Jack

Pampurrs
07-05-2015, 11:13 AM
I rarely see any Spyders. I saw a Yellow RT parked at the Chevron by my house while I was fueling, and last week I saw a black RT coming the opposite direction on Hunt Highway. Other than that, I feel like I'm riding a real novelty item. That's fine with me. :yes:

Pam

Pampurrs
07-05-2015, 11:17 AM

Our American Legion post is in Gilbert (Old Town), and we make the 27 mile trip from our home in San Tan Valley to the post a few times per week. I have yet to see a Spyder in Gilbert, but we will watch for you. What color is yours?

Pam

Tony8472
07-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Pam, it is black with a red wrap on it. There is a yellow Spyder that is always parked at the Walgreen's on the corner of Baseline and Country Club. I assume the Spyder owner works there.

Pampurrs
07-07-2015, 12:47 PM
Pam, it is black with a red wrap on it. There is a yellow Spyder that is always parked at the Walgreen's on the corner of Baseline and Country Club. I assume the Spyder owner works there.

Ok, I'll watch for yours.

Pam

Tony8472
07-07-2015, 03:33 PM
Thanks for starting an AZ meetup group. I just joined. [emoji5]

I just joined too. I live in Gilbert. Can't wait to go on a ride with this group.

M109Dreamer
07-07-2015, 05:17 PM
Pam & Tony,
The wife and I are in Gilbert. Wife rides a 2011 RTS Silver Spyder. We dont ride much now with the 100+ temps. Cant wait for winter to get here.

AMTJIM
07-07-2015, 07:54 PM
Back in AZ, Vail this time...Gotta kick start reality and recover from job transfers though.

Pampurrs
07-07-2015, 10:44 PM
Pam & Tony,
The wife and I are in Gilbert. Wife rides a 2011 RTS Silver Spyder. We dont ride much now with the 100+ temps. Cant wait for winter to get here.

I ride just about every day, regardless of the temps. I don't ride as much or as far in this heat, but I still ride. I get withdrawals if I don't get my wind therapy :yikes:

Pam

Rawhide kid
07-08-2015, 06:07 PM
In case any of you folks wanted to know, a new meet-up group called Can-Am Spyder Ryders of the Southwest :f_spider: has started in the northwest valley of Phoenix (Near Surprise, AZ). We currently have 15 members already and would be interested in having other ryders join us for rides and friendship. We are always looking for ideas for activities and ride locations. Getting ready for a ride to Bisbee, AZ, by way of Tombstone, for an overnight on March 14th & 15th. There will be staging locations on both sides of the valley. If interested, check out the meet-up site. Love to have you and welcome. :doorag: http://www.meetup.com/

Baldeagle (John G.)

I just joined as well. Thanks!

AZF3S
07-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Just joined Spyder Ryders on meetup. Won't be too long and AZ weather will be saying "Let's ryde"

Pampurrs
07-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Just joined Spyder Ryders on meetup. Won't be too long and AZ weather will be saying "Let's ryde"

I'm still riding. Don't let the heat deprive you of your wind therapy. See you out there.

Pam

Rawhide kid
07-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Love to ride, even in the heat. But gotta get a cup holder installed.

Pampurrs
07-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Love to ride, even in the heat. But gotta get a cup holder installed.

Yeah, gotta have a cup holder so you can stay hydrated. This is the one I have

http://www.drink2go.net/spyder-2-go/

Pam

crazyspyder
07-08-2015, 08:45 PM

Pam

yeah, I have them on my passenger handles one on each side they are great - had them for so long that bolts starting to rust up:thumbup:

torquehound
07-08-2015, 09:12 PM
My wife and I both have Spyders and the numbers are growing here all the time.

Rawhide kid
07-08-2015, 10:15 PM

Pam

Thanks, Pam! Yes I like that one!

kbwitt
07-08-2015, 11:42 PM
Hi all, wife and I drive a spyder Rts 2014. July 5th we saw on national news a quip about Pie Town NM decieded to take a ride to pie town Nm. 260 miles we kept going ended up in Albuquerque Nm. Over 900 miles by time we got back to Gilbert. Short Rains on both days but had fun. We are leaving end of July for upper Peninsula of Michigan. Hitting Sturgis on the way. We will be back end of August and would like to meet for some can am rides. Both retired so open any days. Is there a local group, we would like to join.

AMTJIM
07-09-2015, 09:16 AM
http://www.meetup.com/Spyder-Ryders-Of-The-Southwest/

NautiBrit
07-09-2015, 12:13 PM
We'll have to wait until we get back from Alaska in a couple of weeks before we can join up. I have concluded that riding in sun and heat is preferential to riding in cold and wet. Love Alaska, but can't wait to get back to Phoenix.

Rawhide kid
07-09-2015, 02:18 PM
We'll have to wait until we get back from Alaska in a couple of weeks before we can join up. I have concluded that riding in sun and heat is preferential to riding in cold and wet. Love Alaska, but can't wait to get back to Phoenix.

Ha! Enjoy Alaska. But it was 82 and beautiful this am here. 101 for a high. Not bad.

AZ Y Factor
07-09-2015, 10:37 PM
http://www.meetup.com/Spyder-Ryders-Of-The-Southwest/

There is the Southern Arizona Spyder Ryders (on Facebook) that meet each month for a schedule ride. Ryders are from the Sierra Vista and Tucson area.

ArachnidRyder
07-11-2015, 09:11 PM
I'm still riding in the North Phoenix area and actually saw three different Spyders in the last two days. Lots of AZ Spyders, but it seems like very few on the forum.

ROB K
07-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Out here for vacation in Sedona. And it is beautiful. I wish I had my RT with me. I only spotted two spiders so far. Why aren't there more Ryder's. This place is made for riding. Wish I could join all of you.

Rando
07-11-2015, 11:08 PM
I no longer own a Spyder but I could tag along with my Slingshot. I leave in East Mesa and my favorite short ride is up Ellsworth Road, Usery Pass, Bush Highway to Saquaro Lake. Continuing on to Fountain Hills is also a nice ride. Seņor Taco and their Hashbrown Burrito, yummy!

This morning I toke a ride to Bartlett Lake, Fountain Hills and then Saquaro Lake.

By the way, I now have the "coolest" Slingshot seats in AZ. www.kontourseat.com

AMTJIM
07-12-2015, 09:48 AM
Did the first "ride" since returning to AZ last night. Have never been on the full length of Sahurita or Mission road in between Vail and Tucson...that is a great(watch out for cattle)ride. Crossed over Gates Pass then returned via Picture Rocks Pass. Still drank a gallon of limeade tea despite it being dark once we got home. Look forward to ryding that again.

Big Arm
07-12-2015, 10:35 AM
Hope to meet up with you this fall when I return. Great roads around there. I take the Mission Road down to Green Valley quite often. and yes........loose cattle.......open range.....

Speedbump
09-09-2015, 09:35 PM
Haven't seen any :spyder2: in Prescott. Come up and enjoy the nice riding weather.

Pampurrs
09-09-2015, 11:38 PM
Haven't seen any :spyder2: in Prescott. Come up and enjoy the nice riding weather.

I purchased my :spyder2: in Prescott Valley. I've been up there a couple of times for service and have also been to Prescott a few times. Haven't noticed any Spyders around town.

Pam