PDA

View Full Version : Springfield - Chicago

Desert Spyder
02-27-2013, 10:36 AM
Whats the travel time to Chicago from Spyderfest during the week and weekend? I thought about going to Chicago last year to finish my Rte 66 Bucket List agenda but didn't do it.

GloryRyders
02-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Springfield Mo. to St. Louis is 3 1/2 to 4 hrs and then on to Chicago is about 5-6 hrs additional depending on where you are going.

CyncySpyder
02-27-2013, 10:50 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=62879&d=1361980210
Enjoy the RYDE
dav n ted~

Desert Spyder
02-27-2013, 01:45 PM
Springfield Mo. to St. Louis is 3 1/2 to 4 hrs and then on to Chicago is about 5-6 hrs additional depending on where you are going.

A longggg days ride.

flamingobabe
02-27-2013, 02:24 PM
A longggg days ride.

make it 2 days and enjoy it...we made it to Chenoa a couple of years ago...bad weather ran us east and in a hurry...dodged rain the rest of the day...someday we'll make it to the start of Route 66...then we need to do Flagstaff to Santa Monica...we seem to do bits and peices

Bob Denman
02-27-2013, 02:42 PM
But if you run at 100mph... :roflblack: :joke::joke::joke::joke::joke::joke:

SpyderAnn01
02-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Brian, from St. Louis to Chicago is a really boring ride. Farm fields after farm fields after farm fields. Then you get to Chicago and crazy traffic. It also could be pretty darn cold right after Spyderfest. Might be too cold for a desert guy like you.

otter28169
02-27-2013, 03:32 PM
But if you run at 100mph... :roflblack: :joke::joke::joke::joke::joke::joke:

In a convertible with the top down, the rain will not get into the car. So true, as a matter of fact I have found that in certain cars, 75 is fast enough:thumbup:

Papa
02-27-2013, 03:34 PM
Nah . . . . it's always beautiful in Chicago. Seriously - - lasty year it rained all day from Cuba to Chicago on the Spyderfest Sunday. You will be on interstates all the way until you hit the loop in Chicago. It is a rather boring ride (been there many time snow). There is no longer a rush hour since it's crazy traffic all day long and well into night.

JJW SpyderRider
02-27-2013, 09:15 PM
It's about 500 miles +/- depending where you want to end up. If you do decide to make the ride there will be a bunch of us heading that way Sunday. I am planning on making a stop somewhere along the route for a sightseeing stop. It is a long ride without taking some time off.

Last year we made the ride home and didn't hit any rain, kept just ahead of it thanks to the Weather Channel on the phone.

Desert Spyder
02-27-2013, 10:27 PM
We just might do it. We haven't been to St Louis yet either. It would be a shame to go that far from home on Rte 66, and not make it to Chicago. Frankly, if I could see the skyline thats enough for me. We've visited the Windy City a couple years ago. I don't think there'll be a check point there to vouch you were there. And I'm hoping to have company on the way back to Springfield. I live on Rte 66 and have been to the western end, Santa Monica, many times. But very few Spyder owners I bet can scratch the Mother Road off their bucket list. Hey Ann, we're going to have mucho boring road on the way to Missouri. Been there, done it.