PDA

View Full Version : BELT

Boots
02-27-2013, 08:27 AM
Has anyone had their belt replaced ? How much to replace ? Mine has a stone in it hopng it will get me to Spyderfest.Not sure how long it has been in there or how long it will last.Another question I would like to replace my exhaust pipe.Mine has stone chips all over it and looks horrible.Any suggestions or replacement cost ? Thankyou,Boots { Deb}

warp10
02-27-2013, 08:37 AM
1. Take the stone out, leaving it in will do more damage to your sprockets. Is the rock in the center of the belt? Has it punched a hole in the belt?

I caught a stone in the belt on an old Harley, pushed through the center of the belt, never did replace the belt, put 50,000 miles on the belt after the hole.

Cutting the edge of the belt will be much worse.

Bob Denman
02-27-2013, 08:39 AM
:agree: That stone, if left in place; will only make for much more expensive repairs after it destroys both sprockets...:yikes:
Good Luck! :thumbup:

Chupaca
02-27-2013, 11:50 AM
:agree: With the belt issue that is. As to the exhaust, if stock you can get a used one from most members that replaced theirs with after market pipes. If it is after market the price of the pipe you can change it yourself.:thumbup:

jerpinoy
02-27-2013, 12:15 PM
Take it to the dealer and get your belt replace if you can't do it yourself. this is your insurance.

ARtraveler
02-27-2013, 03:16 PM
I have replaced two belts due to stones caught in them. One caused a partial tear in the belt and one broke the belt in half.

Cost for the belt and installation is about $350.00. If you need to pay for a tow, that's extra.

As other have suggested, I would replace the belt before it breaks and does other damage.