PDA

View Full Version : How To Install 'Almost' Everything From TricLED

kevorama
02-25-2013, 11:10 PM
Hey gang, I'm at it again. The weather is crap in the Midwest right now. This will be a step-at-a-time, type install. I will add to the original 1st post, and bump it with the msg 'pics have been added to original post'.
What I'll be doing in this series is to show you how to basically install the items listed below and how I wired them to the power grid (TricLED's FZ-1 FuzeBlock), Reggy's 4 zone remote and in the case of the tunnel lights, an LED rocker switch located in the left speaker grill.

Here are a few pics of what to expect if you are going to do the following:

Bump Skid wht LED leading edge strip (Connected to 4 zone remote)
Day Time running LED wht (connected to turn signals)
Tunnel Lights (Red) w/directions on how to connect to a rocker switch by the dash
Vader Eyes (Connected to 4 zone remote)
Vader Fogs (Connected to 4 zone remote)
HALO under lighting (RGB w/ remote)
Project Nite (Red) (Connected to 4 zone remote)
Custom rear turn signals with directional yellow LED's on sides of trunk lid
Amber to red 622 trailer side strips
2 FZ-1 Fuzeblocks
Smart Battery Isolator
... and whatever else I missed ")

I already have the Fender strips and tips, 3rd and 4th brake light and Vader Wings installed.

For starters, you'll have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. In these next three photos, I have the bike stripped of most of the tupperware. You will have to do this in order to install the items listed above.

In this photo, the front has been pretty much stripped and the bike is ready to be prepped for the eyes, fogs and tunnel lights.

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t432/kevorama1/FrontTricLEDInstall_zpsc745f84c.jpg

The sides are open in order to run more armored conduit from front to rear and visa-verse.

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t432/kevorama1/TricLEDRightSideView_zpse687ea28.jpg

The rear panels and lights have been removed in prep for the new rear LED turn signals, Battery Isolator and the FZ-1 FuzeBlock.

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t432/kevorama1/TricLEDRearView_zpsdae5b7f7.jpg

A short video of the project to come:

http://youtu.be/f40eY36T94o

Since my last post, I added the red tunnel lights (rocker switch install later), Daytime running lights, Vader Fogs, Vader Eyes, Reggy's custom made rear turn signals that flank the trunk lid (yes, Reggy not Reggie) and conduit for the FZ-1 Fuze Block (yet to be installed), battery isolator and battery.

http://youtu.be/AGln9uiDW9w

This is a short video on location and basic install of the 4 Zone Remote, The Halo Receiver and connection to the fuse block.

http://youtu.be/B0L7qQFJPBo

Tunnel Lights and rocker switch. I'll do a pictorial on this install, now that I know it is correctly wired to my satisfaction. I test everything before placing the switches and wiring in their permanent homes.

http://youtu.be/KlfPZYOx9QQ

I still have some work to do before SpyderFest, but I figured I'd shoot this before we get another foot of snow. Usually, I have the bike on a battery tender at all times in cold weather. Didn't do that the last few days, as you see in this video. There are some still shots that I still have to add on parts of the install, but in the meantime, here's the mostly finished product.

http://youtu.be/biJI9xc6z_Y

shrubs
02-26-2013, 06:25 AM
That's a large project and look forward to see it progress and the results!

wildtexasrangr
02-26-2013, 09:11 AM
:yes:This should be good:yes: will help a lot of people DIY :yes:

:bowdown:Thanks for sharing this:bowdown:

kevorama
02-28-2013, 01:00 AM
I have several more pics and vids to show on this mod, but a family tragedy takes me away from this post for a while.

My apologies.

Kevin

mrfats
02-28-2013, 06:47 AM
I have several more pics and vids to show on this mod, but a family tragedy takes me away from this post for a while.

My apologies.

Kevin

Kevin, you and your family are in our prayers...

kevorama
02-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Kevin, you and your family are in our prayers...

Thanks John, dad was 80 and had been battling prostate cancer for the last 14 years. He was a teacher for 35 years and shaped many lives for the better. The last few weeks were really rough. He's in a better place now. I just wish that he'd be around long enough to see the 4th generation of boys from our family line. My son is expecting a son in June. The family name stopped with me. Fortunately, I had three boys and I think that it will continue ")

kevorama
02-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Since my last post, I added the red tunnel lights (rocker switch install later), Daytime running lights, Vader Fogs, Vader Eyes, Reggy's custom made rear turn signals that flank the trunk lid (yes, Reggy not Reggie) and conduit for the FZ-1 Fuze Block (yet to be installed), battery isolator and battery.

Bob Denman
02-28-2013, 07:07 PM
Kevin,
:shocked: I don't know what to say...
You guys are all in our thoughts and prayers! :pray:
OR...
Excellent lighting project; I want to see more! :thumbup:
:shocked::dontknow:
I'm sorry to hear of your loss...
Your Dad will live on; in what he taught all of you, and in your fondest memories...

my3gs
02-28-2013, 08:32 PM
:pray:Prayers for ur family. This is a great thred.

kevorama
02-28-2013, 08:59 PM
Thanks for all the kind words. We are leaving in the morning for Len's Grand opening at Pit Bull Power Sports. It's about a 4 hour drive for us, we'll stay the night at the Comfort Inn. Great place!
I'll have some better pics and vids of my project shortly.

Kevin

spyderrock
03-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Hey Kevin so sorry to hear about your dad, its always a sad day when we lose a parent I lost my dad a few years ago it was a tuff year. And thank you for this post. It is an excellent step by step for all these crazy lights. I am still going to be doing this but I am getting the powder coating done just waiting on a few parts from Lamont. Once that is all done then Reggy and I are going to have a chat lol. Thanks again cant wait to see it all back together.

kevorama
03-05-2013, 06:07 PM
I have added another short video to the original post. Basic install and location of 4 zone remote receiver, Halo Receiver and connection to the fuse block.

kevorama
03-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Tunnel Lights and LED rocker switch wired and tested. I'll do a pictorial on the actual install through the speaker grill and how the wiring was done. See the original post for video.

spyderrock
03-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Hey Kevin thanks for the video's and just wondering what is the make and size of the extra battery you installed. I will need to get one and the isolator as well. The rt is going to look amazing

kevorama
03-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Spyderrock, I asked Reggy the same thing and he said that he uses the same battery that is in the Spyder. I purchased two batteries. I used a 4 lb. 12v Easy Start to test my lights. The dimensions of that battery are W- 4.5 " Depth- 3.0" H- 3.25". The model # is ESL4-BS (WalMart).
The second battery is much larger, maybe too large and heavy. It takes up a lot of real estate at W- 5.25" Depth- 3.25" H- 6.25" and the weight is 12 lbs. Model # ESL12AA. Another Easy Start.

I'm using the small one for now for testing to see if it's enough. I don't do very much show lighting for long periods of time, so I'm hoping that smaller, lighter battery will work just fine. Reggy also recommended that you attach the 2nd battery and isolator to the main FZ-1 or Fuzeblock. I already had my first one tucked under the access panel and it's tied directly to the main battery with a 30A inline fuse at the + batt terminal. Closer to the battery is always the better option if possible.

I hope this helps. I only have the Project Nite to install and then I'll post more pics and the final videos of everything in action. Time allowing, I hope to do that tomorrow.

spyderrock
03-12-2013, 07:53 AM
Spyderrock, I asked Reggy the same thing and he said that he uses the same battery that is in the Spyder. I purchased two batteries. I used a 4 lb. 12v Easy Start to test my lights. The dimensions of that battery are W- 4.5 " Depth- 3.0" H- 3.25". The model # is ESL4-BS (WalMart).
The second battery is much larger, maybe too large and heavy. It takes up a lot of real estate at W- 5.25" Depth- 3.25" H- 6.25" and the weight is 12 lbs. Model # ESL12AA. Another Easy Start.

I'm using the small one for now for testing to see if it's enough. I don't do very much show lighting for long periods of time, so I'm hoping that smaller, lighter battery will work just fine. Reggy also recommended that you attach the 2nd battery and isolator to the main FZ-1 or Fuzeblock. I already had my first one tucked under the access panel and it's tied directly to the main battery with a 30A inline fuse at the + batt terminal. Closer to the battery is always the better option if possible.

I hope this helps. I only have the Project Nite to install and then I'll post more pics and the final videos of everything in action. Time allowing, I hope to do that tomorrow.

Thanks for all the info Kevin on the battery stuff, Looking forward to seeing it back together, man that is a lot of work though wow.

kevorama
03-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Finally! I have most of it together. Family issues have kept me from posting about this install recently. There are some things that I still want to do that will be custom done by me, but everything that you'll see in the next video is all www.TricLED.com (http://www.TricLED.com)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biJI9xc6z_Y

I have a new camera for shooting vids and I want to see how it does with LED's in darkness. Please be patient and I'll do the best I can, so that you can do the same, as well.

Reggie rocks!

I hope you all get a chance to meet this LED, Spyder Icon, at SpyderFest 2013!

kevorama
03-28-2013, 08:53 AM
I pulled the bike out in the snow last night and shot this video of the 'mostly' finished project. Enjoy!
See the original first post in this thread.

<strong><font size="4"><font size="4">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biJI9xc6z_Y

spyderrock
03-31-2013, 10:21 AM
Kevin holy crap that is awesome:yes::yes:. Wow that is a show winner for sure, it was a lot of work but look at the final results. I will definitely be call Reggy for a few hundred feet of light lol.

TicketBait
03-31-2013, 11:47 AM
:bowdown::bowdown:Wow, I so like the Breathe mode, would be cool also to have them synced up together.

Allot of work went into this:clap::clap: You have got a winner!

kevorama
03-31-2013, 05:20 PM
Thank you, thank you, yes, I do have some time in it. If only I can get the trailer done in time for SpyderFest. This one's gonna be close! We're less than a month away, see you then.:thumbup:

kevorama
03-31-2013, 10:25 PM
:bowdown::bowdown:Wow, I so like the Breathe mode, would be cool also to have them synced up together.

Allot of work went into this:clap::clap: You have got a winner!

TB, with TricLED's 4 zone remote, you can put them all together in breathe mode at once. It's up to you as to how you plug it all in. It's pretty easy once you get all the parts off. I just wanted to be able to change those 4 at will. Can't wait to see your vid's from this year's event. Get your fireworks settings right, first night out. I am doing an opening event and a closing event. Give me a call if you need more info.:thumbup:

kevorama
03-31-2013, 10:29 PM
Kevin holy crap that is awesome:yes::yes:. Wow that is a show winner for sure, it was a lot of work but look at the final results. I will definitely be call Reggy for a few hundred feet of light lol.

spyderrock, Reggy can get you those results, for sure. I know that there are a lot of ppl out there that sell this kind of stuff, but Reggy lives and breathes his light and LED products. No one can beat his quality and customer service and price, from my point of view. That will be a call well made. I hope we can meet at SF this year. Look me up.

Kratos
04-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Bike looks great. I hope you get all thumbs up at Spyderfest this year. Great thread for install.

kevorama
04-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Thanks Kratos, but I have a real nightmare of a short in my lighting. I'm hoping that the new pieces being delivered this week will kill my main issue. I won't be much of a threat to anyone if I can't figure this out.

Kratos
04-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Thanks Kratos, but I have a real nightmare of a short in my lighting. I'm hoping that the new pieces being delivered this week will kill my main issue. I won't be much of a threat to anyone if I can't figure this out.

Have you had any luck with this so far?

kevorama
04-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Kratos, I was pretty sure I hunted down the correct failing point. The Fender Tips Turn Signal from Custom Dynamics went bad. Apparently, there's a little PCB board with diodes and resisters on it that are heat shrunk in between connections. This little chip is about the size of your pinky nail. My new ones arrived last night and Woo Hoo, I'm back in Biz!!!

I'm hoping that this isn't something that I'm going to have to do once a year. I don't feel like plopping down $75 for a pair of wires that often. Hopefully, this was just a fluke, bit if it happens to the other side or this side again, I'm going to call Dave at CD and discuss it with him.

Kratos
04-11-2013, 01:48 AM
Awesome, good to hear. Hope she holds up.