PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Wife and Spyder

Wiredux
02-25-2013, 08:33 PM
I was a sport bike rider when I was 20-24. Quit riding when I went overseas for the military and met my wife. For the past 13 years I was always looking at getting another bike. For 12.5 years she would stomp around and tell me "Nothing with 2 wheels anymore". I even went as far as to arrange a ride with a friend on the back of his HD just to get her interest sparked. Nothing worked, she would not even get on his HD. One day I was out on a business trip and saw a spyder. I knew I had to have one. One day when she was at work and I decided to go to the dealership about 45 minutes from my house. I took it for a test drive and completed all of the paper work, brought her home and parked her in the garage. When she got home I met her outside and opened the garage door. She was a little upset at first, but I just looked at her and said, "You said you did not care what I got as long as it did not have two wheels. This has three". She could not argue with me and she was amazed at the stability of this new thing in the garage. She got up on the passenger seat and lit up like a kid in a candy store. And now I cant keep her off of it. Yesterday I came home and found it warm sitting in the garage. Come to find out she took it out for a run around the neighborhood during her lunch break. Now keep in mind she does not have her endorsement here in NC or a permit. Guess she has been bitten by the spyder. We are also looking now into getting her a ST.

Just thought I would share this with y’all.

-Dan

ingramsail
02-25-2013, 08:41 PM
It happens amost ever time.

Brew crew
02-25-2013, 08:43 PM
And the fun begins! Another lady Ryder !

Michele

summerdawn
02-25-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm not seeing a problem. Go buy that woman a Spyder.

flamingobabe
02-25-2013, 08:53 PM
she is going to love the ST...

ThreeFeet
02-25-2013, 08:59 PM
Sooo what's her handle gona be and when are you getting her her OWN spyder!!???:roflblack::welcome::ohyea::popcorn::po pcorn: Why don't ya give her yours??( I will make the wild assumption THAT AIN'T GONA HAPPEN!!!):roflblack::roflblack::congrats:

Farmbanker
02-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Boy, I wish I had your problems...!:roflblack: Looks like you are about to be a two Spyder family.

ThreeWheels
02-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Problem my a$$...................

You just want to brag.

Go ahead, you have every right to!!!!!!

witty
02-25-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm still trying to get my wife on my RT. Told her today I would buy another pair:yes: of handcuffs and cuff her up on the back. She doesn't think I'm very funny. I need another pair of cuffs for my duty belt anyway. I still have Harleys but the RT is a real hoot to drive. I think I will sell one.:yikes:

ARtraveler
02-25-2013, 10:37 PM
It does look like your going to become a 2 :ani29: family. Welcome to the club :2thumbs:

Wiredux
02-25-2013, 10:38 PM
From the talks tonight we are thinking we may wait until she retires from the USMC. It is only 18 months so it will give us some time to save up for another one. She was supposed to go to spyderfest with me but duty called and she cant make it. We are working on getting her and myself to the owners event since it is pretty much in our back yard. Hopefully when she sees all of the nice spyders she will move quicker. :yes:

AlamoRyder
02-25-2013, 11:06 PM
This is exactly how the :spyder2: infestation starts. You bring one home and the wife gets on, has some fun on a motorcycle (wind in face, adrenaline, smells nature, sees America, etc.) and gets bitten by the :spyder2: and then gets the idea that she is just as deserving as you (doesn’t really fully trust you anyway) and informs you that she wants her own :spyder2: but will wait for a bit before buying one and the next thing you know you are at a dealership signing for the second :yikes: :spyder2:. That’s when the real fun begins! Well, actually half the fun is getting bit and enjoying the sleepless nights of researching the best place to buy and which color and mods to get. (FYI: The search and procurement of mods never goes away) Your life will never be the same again...get ready!!!

Been there, done that and have the T-shirt....but lovin’ every minute of it. See you at BRP in June.:yes:

Bandit
02-25-2013, 11:44 PM
:agree: Didn't realize "We" needed another :spyder2: until I came home late one Friday Night. She took the RT & went ryding with our "Friends".

Since I was late, they went without me:gaah:. About 2 hours later they all came back to our house to finish the night with a party! Now I don't have to have anyone wait for me. Gave her the 2011 & bought myself a 2012 !!:b2b::doorag:

Bandit
02-25-2013, 11:46 PM
:agree: Didn't realize "We" needed another :spyder2: until I came home late one Friday Night. She took the RT & went ryding with our "Friends"!!

Since I was late, they went without me:gaah:. About 2 hours later they all came back to our house to finish the night with a party! Now I don't have to have anyone wait for me. Gave her the 2011 & bought myself a 2012 !!:b2b::doorag:

Chupaca
02-25-2013, 11:52 PM
Looks like it has happened once more. Good luck and you both enjoy the ryde and many many more to come.. :thumbup:

Colin
02-26-2013, 05:11 AM
I have a 2011 Magnesium RSS and in 2 days I pick up another one for my partner. Looking forward to mine not disappearing when i am not looking :D

CyncySpyder
02-26-2013, 05:18 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=62808&d=1361873872
Enjoy the RYDE
dav n ted~

Bob Denman
02-26-2013, 07:50 AM
Think of the new farkling possibilities... :shocked: ;)
Give her a hug from ALL of us! :thumbup:
:congrats: on getting a new ryding partner

Oldmanzues
02-26-2013, 09:10 AM
From the talks tonight we are thinking we may wait until she retires from the USMC. It is only 18 months so it will give us some time to save up for another one. She was supposed to go to spyderfest with me but duty called and she cant make it. We are working on getting her and myself to the owners event since it is pretty much in our back yard. Hopefully when she sees all of the nice spyders she will move quicker. :yes: By all means go to Owners event. Spyderfeast is great. Ride a lot.
On a somber note. I believe in live for today, who knows what will happen tomorrow. Suggest you look into the Patriot Guard. Thank her for her service since you mentioned she was in the USMC.
Oldmanzues

danlnc
02-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Hope to see you both at the Owners event in Maggie. If we could afford two Spyders we definitely would have another. My wife loves it.

jerpinoy
02-26-2013, 11:50 AM
:yes:Have fun but don't spoil it, get her the mc training to enjoy and safe. Good luck and God Bless

Many thanks for your serving.

grumpybob
02-26-2013, 12:30 PM
That's why I lock up the keys for my RT. :congrats: & good luck getting some rYding time in before you get the second :spyder2:.

Colin
03-11-2013, 06:32 AM
http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r604/canamcol/Paihia003_zps4595be22.jpg

Bob Denman
03-11-2013, 06:42 AM
Colin,
Looking pretty nice! :2thumbs:

These machines are just a bit too much like potato chips :shocked:; it's nearly impossible to stop at just one! ;)

Motorcycle Mama & Papa
03-11-2013, 06:46 AM
she is going to love the ST...

You're absolutely right, Charlyne. Btw, love your profile pic. lol See ya in the Ozarks! MM :yes:

Wiredux
03-11-2013, 08:20 AM
so the conversation died off a little until we went riding yesterday. She started asking me again how far it was to Ozark, Mo and how far it is to Trinity, Tx. I told her it was about the same distance. I asked her if I needed a trailer and she said no. We will make that trip once I find out how you do on the Mo trip and I have my own spyder. :gaah: she likes keeping me in suspense. I am sure that once I get back from Spydefest and tell her how the 2013's ride we may have to sell the boat. :yes:

Bob Denman
03-11-2013, 08:24 AM
You are a very lucky man... :thumbup:

bruiser
03-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Dan, she'll have to have one of her own. That's what happened to us. Once Kris learned how to drive the Spyder it was all over. Just a matter of signing the papers.

StanProff
03-11-2013, 08:55 AM
I was a sport bike rider when I was 20-24. Quit riding when I went overseas for the military and met my wife. For the past 13 years I was always looking at getting another bike. For 12.5 years she would stomp around and tell me "Nothing with 2 wheels anymore". I even went as far as to arrange a ride with a friend on the back of his HD just to get her interest sparked. Nothing worked, she would not even get on his HD. One day I was out on a business trip and saw a spyder. I knew I had to have one. One day when she was at work and I decided to go to the dealership about 45 minutes from my house. I took it for a test drive and completed all of the paper work, brought her home and parked her in the garage. When she got home I met her outside and opened the garage door. She was a little upset at first, but I just looked at her and said, "You said you did not care what I got as long as it did not have two wheels. This has three". She could not argue with me and she was amazed at the stability of this new thing in the garage. She got up on the passenger seat and lit up like a kid in a candy store. And now I cant keep her off of it. Yesterday I came home and found it warm sitting in the garage. Come to find out she took it out for a run around the neighborhood during her lunch break. Now keep in mind she does not have her endorsement here in NC or a permit. Guess she has been bitten by the spyder. We are also looking now into getting her a ST.

-Dan
Opps!! another Spyder bite!!:yikes:

PrairieSpyder
03-11-2013, 09:17 AM
.... we may have to sell the boat. :yes:

Who needs a boat, anyway? :dontknow: It's just a hole in the water you have to throw money into. Not something really worthwhile, like a :f_spider:!

NancysToy
03-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Happens the other way around, too. Nancy had hers first, then it got the best of me when the RT came out.

bhfromme
03-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Wow Colin those are beautiful.

Bill

Huntindawg1962
03-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Think of the new farkling possibilities... :shocked: ;)
Give her a hug from ALL of us! :thumbup:
:congrats: on getting a new ryding partner

Ya - but your cost in farkling goes up by a factor of TWO - see my signature below on our TWO - exact same outcome as you.

Colin
03-11-2013, 01:04 PM
I have done pretty much all I want to with mine, the one on the right with the silver/grey RSS Badge, just waiting on HMF Pipe
All my partner wants now is a Comfort Seat which is on order, decide on what noise she wants, and looking at changing the Black Frunk and Guards etc to a deep purple or possibly even Blackcurrent.
Would rather spend the $ on riding and weekends away than too much Farkling.

Oh and yes, I sold the boat to buy the 2nd one, had the boat for 4 years and did less than 60 hours on it.

Wiredux
03-11-2013, 02:04 PM
I have done pretty much all I want to with mine, the one on the right with the silver/grey RSS Badge, just waiting on HMF Pipe
All my partner wants now is a Comfort Seat which is on order, decide on what noise she wants, and looking at changing the Black Frunk and Guards etc to a deep purple or possibly even Blackcurrent.
Would rather spend the $ on riding and weekends away than too much Farkling.

Oh and yes, I sold the boat to buy the 2nd one, had the boat for 4 years and did less than 60 hours on it.

We did 60 hours in the first 4 months we had the boat. that was before the Spyder.

CSW61
03-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Same thing happened to me wanted to buy a Goldwing wife told she wasn't riding on 2 wheels so found a trike. She got her M/C Lic and then could not keep her off the trike. So she found her a 2010 RT and has not been a co-rider since. Sayes she doesn't like looking at the back of my helmet... She put over 15,000 miles on it last year.:dg1:

Wiredux
03-28-2013, 08:25 PM
So the wife and I were out tonight on the Spyder and stopped by a friends house who is looking at getting an RT. she tells our friends that on Saturday we are going to look at a yellow ST. Of course I was surprised on what her plans were. She was even more surprised that I said I would not be going. I am teaching a CCH class. Told her next weekend. So it looks like we are getting closer to become a 2 Spyder family.

cgistudio
03-28-2013, 08:29 PM
that is part of life when you have a wife.

Littlebadwolf
03-29-2013, 03:10 AM
You won't regret having 2 Spyders in the family...We do a lot more riding together than we did 2 up and it's definitely improved our quality time together.

Captain Fin
03-29-2013, 05:57 AM
How nice, you are soo lucky. It's great when the power in a relationship is not out of balance. You could be a two Spyder family in the future.

vtspyder
03-29-2013, 06:02 AM
The reverse happened to me. We got Lisa's machine first with the intention of riding together(when she wasn't out riding by herself). She loved riding it so much she said go out and get your own. Didn't want me touching her baby! If you knew me you'd understand why.:shocked: So, I went and got one for myself. She's my sugar momma!:yes::bowdown: Yes Dear...Anything you say Dear!

Wiredux
03-29-2013, 06:37 AM
When she pulls the trigger I will make sure I post pictures. The one she wants to look at is the 2013 ST in Yellow.

rc51ny
03-29-2013, 07:25 AM

-Dan

GREAT story--

Bob Denman
03-29-2013, 07:33 AM
Who needs a boat, anyway? :dontknow: It's just a hole in the water you have to throw money into. Not something really worthwhile, like a :f_spider:!
I think that I'd describe a Spyder as, "A vortex that consumes money. It is located in your driveway right now" :shocked: :roflblack:

vtspyder
03-29-2013, 08:25 AM

I dunno about that! hehe...I've got a seadoo speedster that'll pull up to 2.5 g's. 54-56 mph. Thing is freakin' nuts. Have yet to have anybody in it that doesn't scream.:yikes: Cut the wheel at 45-50 and she spins like a top with a wall of water coming over the stern. Totally hilarious. Yes, it is a HUGE hole in which I pour ALL my money! My daughter loves it and my wife could care less. Messed her rota-tor cuff(shoulder) up last season holding on for dear life. I don't think she's forgivin' me for that yet.:sour: