PDA

View Full Version : Rivco footboards

blambert
02-25-2013, 12:10 PM
I installed the passenger Rivco footboards over the weekend on my 2011 RS. I have the corbin saddlebags, I had to file down the adapters on both sides for the footboards to mount since the corbin passenger mounts are tighter than the standard CanAm passenger foot peg mounts. Wife tried it out and she is quite happy. The foot boards allows her to stretch out her legs greater than the standard or passenger extension pages and gives her more stability when siting. Also there is no interference with the driver pegs - though I have to do a little maneuvering with my left foot to set the parking brake.

krzychick
02-25-2013, 12:18 PM
I installed the passenger Rivco footboards over the weekend on my 2011 RS. I have the corbin saddlebags, I had to file down the adapters on both sides for the footboards to mount since the corbin passenger mounts are tighter than the standard CanAm passenger foot peg mounts. Wife tried it out and she is quite happy. The foot boards allows her to stretch out her legs greater than the standard or passenger extension pages and gives her more stability when siting. Also there is no interference with the driver pegs - though I have to do a little maneuvering with my left foot to set the parking brake.

HEY, Chick from RIVCO PRODUCTS HERE !!!!!! I am so glad to hear you love your new Rivco passenger boards, thank you for your purchase.... and THANK YOU for saying how much you love them... WE so APPRECIATE your comments, and business.... COME SEE ME AND THE RIVCO CREW ON BEACH STREET IN DAYTONA. I would love to meet you. THANK YOU AGAIN, KRAZY CHICK. ;)

daveinva
02-25-2013, 12:45 PM

If you ever grow too frustrated with that maneuvering, consider investing in one of ISCI's parking brake extensions (with the Rivco passenger footboards, you'll want the modified extension). Makes things a LOT easier while on the bike.

http://www.industrialspecialty.com/isci%20-%20spyder%20parts.htm#modified

blambert
02-25-2013, 03:17 PM
I do have the ISCI hand brake - works well but that is for braking, what Im talking about is for setting the parking brake, since the corbin set up moves the passenger pegs further towards the front due to the size of the rear bags.

daveinva
02-25-2013, 03:25 PM
I do have the ISCI hand brake - works well but that is for braking, what Im talking about is for setting the parking brake, since the corbin set up moves the passenger pegs further towards the front due to the size of the rear bags.

I know... that's what I linked. :coffee:

ISCI doesn't just make a handbrake, they also make a PARKING brake extension-- it's a curved piece of metal that replaces your foot parking brake with a longer piece so you can better step on the parking brake while seated.

Laila's Dad
02-25-2013, 07:14 PM
I dropped my spyder off today at my dealer to get my Rivco driver floorboards installed. I did about a 200 mile round trip this weekend and my legs were hurting bad. That sport leg position is only good for so many miles.

tajohn
03-02-2013, 08:48 AM
Can you post pics? We too have Corbin cases and looking for a board solution.