PDA

View Full Version : WOULD YOU LIKE AN EASY IN-EXPENSIVE BREAKER BAR

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-25-2013, 10:43 AM
I have others but they are heavy, cumbersome, and didn't fit well,soooooooooo I had a leftover piece of 3/4 INCH EMT which you can buy at Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. for about $ 3.50 for 10 ft. ( bring a hacksaw to cut in half, to transport it)...I intended to use it to extend my 1/2 in drive (sears) rachet wrench, the emt is easy to flatten to shape (unlike blk plumbing pipe) and yuo can cut it to any length you want.....the EMT is very strong stuff but I put a Hardwood broom handle in it because I had it, and it was an exact fit , but I really think that it's overkill to do so. Be advised I would only use this to UN-DO stuck nuts/bolts because the torque increase is hugh and it's not a torque wrench so you will not know how tight you are making something....OK........hope this helps someone out....Mike ...........PS the 1/2 in size works for 3/8 drive at least on Sears handle.....:thumbup:

NancysToy
02-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Please note that this method can kill a thinwall socket or a 1/2" to 3/8" adapter in a heartbeat. Don't ask how I know! :roflblack:

Bob Denman
02-25-2013, 11:32 AM
:agree: Been there; busted that! :opps:

boborgera
02-25-2013, 12:00 PM
That's why i but tools from Sears, 100% Guarantee no questions asked.:thumbup:

NancysToy
02-25-2013, 12:49 PM
That's why i but tools from Sears, 100% Guarantee no questions asked.:thumbup:
They do sometimes ask. Best not to mention the cheater. :D

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-25-2013, 01:34 PM
They do sometimes ask. Best not to mention the cheater. :D

:agree:.....Mike....:opps:...:thumbup:

Chupaca
02-25-2013, 02:57 PM
Great shop equipment mod. I use old fork tubes. What I have found is this puts so much torque that as mentioned the socket splits or the head/nut snaps giving me a whole new problem. Only resort to these extensions after the impact driver fails. Will take your idea cause those fork tubes are heavy...:roflblack: