PDA

View Full Version : Custom Dynamics Lighting and Virginia Safety Inspection

mhoecker
02-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Has anyone added any of the Custom Dynamic Bright Sides or the HMT Brake Light to their RT? I really like the idea of the added light from a visability standpoint but since the LED lights are NOT DOT approved, I've got to believe that there is a chance that they won't pass inspection. I'd like to hear from anybody in Virginia that has added these and their experience with subsequent safety inspections. Maybe my local guy is just super picky.

Madonna

daveinva
02-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Has anyone added any of the Custom Dynamic Bright Sides or the HMT Brake Light to their RT? I really like the idea of the added light from a visability standpoint but since the LED lights are NOT DOT approved, I've got to believe that there is a chance that they won't pass inspection. I'd like to hear from anybody in Virginia that has added these and their experience with subsequent safety inspections. Maybe my local guy is just super picky.

Madonna

My RS is lit up like a Christmas tree with the Custom Dynamics lighting-- I've got the Brightsides, the Center Taillight, and the Double Play flashing brake lights all installed. Had no trouble getting my VA inspection done, but I *did* have it done at Coleman Powersports in Falls Church, i.e. a bike place. If you're at all worried about it, I suggest having a motorcycle dealer do the inspection if they offer it just because they may be more likely to give you a pass.

YIRYDE
03-03-2013, 11:08 PM
I have Custom Dynamics HMT, mud flaps, front and rear brightsides LED's on my bike but I haven't had an inspection since I put them on. When I was on the skyline drive ride last fall some of the VA riders had the HMT, front and rear brightsides installed by their dealer. I don't think it will be a problem as long as they are working, if so I will put a reflective strip near the lights. I would not want to ride without these lights, it definitely make the Spyder more visible at night. These lights should be standard from BRP.