PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust tip for single two brothers

johnnyg
02-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Has anyone put on a exhaust tip for the two brother single exhaust that mounts on the RT? I get a lot of back draft of heat and fumes from the exhaust. I know it is the design of the RT's that makes this happen. Has anyone else with a single two brothers mounted on a RT have this same issue? I have seen somewhere where they have a tip mounted on it , but I don't know where to get it or if it helped.

Ga Blue Knight
02-24-2013, 10:21 AM
I have the RT with the carbon fiber Two Bro exhaust. I have not experienced any problems with heat or excessive noise from the back end. The tips are available from Two Bros but what I would suggest is that you look closely at the attachment of the exhaust to the header pipe and the header pipe to the cat and the manifold. There is not much for the exhaust manifold to grab onto and if you have a leak the symptoms that you are describing could occur. With movement of air over the bike and the shape of the body work it would seem that it is coming from the rear. Best way to check is let the bike idle and get some soapy water in a squirt bottle and squirt it on the junctions and see if you get bubbles. If it's really bad you could feel the hot gasses with you hand. The fix is take it apart and try to assemble tighter and also use some muffler seal, its a kind of goop that you put on and it seals things up. its messy but does work. They also make a tape to cover the whole joint but it us not as effective in my opinion.

cjackg
02-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Has anyone put on a exhaust tip for the two brother single exhaust that mounts on the RT? I get a lot of back draft of heat and fumes from the exhaust. I know it is the design of the RT's that makes this happen. Has anyone else with a single two brothers mounted on a RT have this same issue? I have seen somewhere where they have a tip mounted on it , but I don't know where to get it or if it helped.

I have used a P1 tip with a TBR on an RT and it reduces the outlet size and quiets things down some. but, I never experienced backdraft or fumes with the TBR (or any of the other pipes I used on the RT) and dont think the tip would help with that.

johnnyg
02-24-2013, 10:45 AM
I have the RT with the carbon fiber Two Bro exhaust. I have not experienced any problems with heat or excessive noise from the back end. The tips are available from Two Bros but what I would suggest is that you look closely at the attachment of the exhaust to the header pipe and the header pipe to the cat and the manifold. There is not much for the exhaust manifold to grab onto and if you have a leak the symptoms that you are describing could occur. With movement of air over the bike and the shape of the body work it would seem that it is coming from the rear. Best way to check is let the bike idle and get some soapy water in a squirt bottle and squirt it on the junctions and see if you get bubbles. If it's really bad you could feel the hot gasses with you hand. The fix is take it apart and try to assemble tighter and also use some muffler seal, its a kind of goop that you put on and it seals things up. its messy but does work. They also make a tape to cover the whole joint but it us not as effective in my opinion. Thanks didn't think of that I will check it out. John