PDA

View Full Version : Trunk luggage

rhansen309
02-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Has anyone purchased the frunk luggage. Does it have enough room for a few days of clothes for two people. Was it worth it. Thanks.

ronrico
02-23-2013, 11:38 PM
Did not purchase them. They came with my RT-L. Wife and I have made a couple trip and you have to pack right but yes you can get enough in them for a few days. I would have purchased them.

Bonniele
02-24-2013, 12:00 AM
Has anyone purchased the frunk luggage. Does it have enough room for a few days of clothes for two people. Was it worth it. Thanks.

I purchased soft luggage at the mall for super cheap which will hold about 5 days of changes of clothes. We roll our clothes and when dirty, put a safety pin on top...this way when we look inside the bag, we can know instantly which is clean and which is not. A smaller bag of different design on top of the first bag is for our sundries. We will have lots of room because we use our back seat for cycle covers, rain gear, fire extinq, extra gas can, flares, first aid kit and lunch bag which all fit in a soft carryon and has a lot of pockets for chap stick, etc. My husbands bags are black and mine are red...we have two Spyders this time so have lots of room. Will bungie any extra coats on top of luggage on back seat. After taking a trip on one two wheeler with sleeping bags and tent and axe and clothes...we have lots of room with two Spyders. We feel we are in SPYDER HEAVEN!

SPYD1
02-24-2013, 12:09 AM
If your looking for more storage you are welcome to use my trailer for Spyderfest as I won't be able to make it. It is not a BRP unit but it is pretty nice.

Bob Denman
02-24-2013, 08:28 AM
With careful packing; almost anything is possible! :thumbup: The BRP luggage is actually pretty nice-looking, and I'm hoping to score a set at some point... ;)

ThreeWheels
02-24-2013, 10:09 AM
I bought the luggage that fits in the front. I'm pretty happy with it.
How much can you pack ? Almost as much as you can pack in the front trunk.
That, of course, depends on your packing technique.
I've managed a 5 day trip packing for myself.
I can't speak for joint ventures.

harrypottar
02-24-2013, 10:18 AM
I got the luggage with my Limited and its really nice. However I can not pack which is odd because I travel a lot for business. It would only suit just me for a weekend, but I know of folks who could pack a weeks worth of clothes in one.

Take a look at this video that flamingobabe posted in the off topic board how to pack like a pro. (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?48985-How-to-pack-like-a-Pro)

I have issues it drives my wife nuts and why we have a trailer. I have to pack for what ifs in life, extra pants, extra tops, extra shoes can't help it.

harry

samewok
02-24-2013, 10:25 AM
I have the luggage with my Rt Limited. You can pack alot but it depends on what you need.
It hold more then the average roll on luggage.

bertmc
02-24-2013, 08:58 PM
How much can you pack ? Almost as much as you can pack in the front trunk.
That, of course, depends on your packing technique.

I agree. I doubt you will find another bag that will fit the frunk this well, and therefore probably can't pack as efficiently.

Mine came with the RT, and I probably would not have bought it otherwise due to cost, but I'm glad I've got it now. Fits great, has wheels to pull, looks nice. I would buy one now that I've tried one! Maybe you can find someone with an RT Limited who doesn't travel & make them an offer.

rhansen309
02-24-2013, 09:13 PM
If your looking for more storage you are welcome to use my trailer for Spyderfest as I won't be able to make it. It is not a BRP unit but it is pretty nice.
Thanks for the offer, but we will be bringing our Spyder on a trailer. We were thinking about packing for weekend trips this summer.

rhansen309
02-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Thanks for all of the feedback. I may go buy the BRP luggage. Thanks!!!!

ThreeWheels
02-24-2013, 09:25 PM
WOW, I got mine for $75. But that was shortly after I bought the RT before they became popular.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Can-Am-Semi-Rigid-Front-Cargo-Travel-Bag-Black-Spyder-RT-/190780303414?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c6b646836&vxp=mtr

spyder3
02-24-2013, 10:08 PM
The luggage that came with my LT was nice, but i never used it. I think the bags took up more space and you can fit more in each compartment without the luggage. We used vacuum bags and it worked out fine with plenty of clothes for 2 on our 3 nighter. :dontknow:

Ga Blue Knight
02-24-2013, 10:40 PM
I bought only the rear bags for my RT-S since stuff just falls out otherwise. It works great in that it gives my wife a definite limit as to what she can pack. The front trunk is reserved for bike related stuff tools, rain suits etc. so I did not need luggage for it The side boxes are our travel clothes and the carry luggage makes it easy to transfer to the hotel from the bike.

Wiredux
02-24-2013, 11:40 PM
I have the roll along that goes in the frunk and love it. I also have the soft-sides but have not used them all that much yet. I plan on using all of it when I head to spyderfest. I am actually looking for additional bag that will fit nice on the passenger seat.

mrmichaelg
02-25-2013, 06:42 AM
The luggage that came with my LT was nice, but i never used it. I think the bags took up more space and you can fit more in each compartment without the luggage. We used vacuum bags and it worked out fine with plenty of clothes for 2 on our 3 nighter. :dontknow:
Thanks for the update on the vacuum bags. I was at bed, bath and beyond on Saturday with my wife and they have them on sale. I'm going to Spyderfest this year will my wife and I was thinking about the vacuum bags.

ulflyer
02-25-2013, 07:58 AM
I have the roll along that goes in the frunk and love it. I also have the soft-sides but have not used them all that much yet. I plan on using all of it when I head to spyderfest. I am actually looking for additional bag that will fit nice on the passenger seat.

Don't you find it aggravating to have to remove the bag off the rear seat every time you gas up? I have a leather bag, about 16" diameter, couple feet long, which worked nicely, but found it too much trouble to remove every gas up. Would surely love to have a seat with built in gas lid as that space is ideal for luggage. Found the bag on-line for about $16 from some vendor here in N.C. but dont' recall who.

scooterexpress
02-25-2013, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the update on the vacuum bags. I was at bed, bath and beyond on Saturday with my wife and they have them on sale. I'm going to Spyderfest this year will my wife and I was thinking about the vacuum bags.

i used them last year going to spyderfest they work out great only problem is when you open the bag its tough to reseal cause most hotels dont have vaccums with a hose on it.

NancysToy
02-25-2013, 08:47 AM
Don't you find it aggravating to have to remove the bag off the rear seat every time you gas up? I have a leather bag, about 16" diameter, couple feet long, which worked nicely, but found it too much trouble to remove every gas up. Would surely love to have a seat with built in gas lid as that space is ideal for luggage. Found the bag on-line for about $16 from some vendor here in N.C. but dont' recall who.
I don't remove the bag when I travel that way. I use Helen2Wheels cargo straps, ROKStraps, or PiggyBack Straps and merely loosen them a bit to lift the seat with the bag still in place. You will have to prop up the seat, though. Don't forget to tighten the straps before you hit the road again. It may be a bit of a bother to do it this way, but it really takes very little effort. JMHO

ARtraveler
02-25-2013, 03:25 PM
I have the complete BRP set. Frunk, trunk, and saddlebags. The whole set would have enough room for two peoples stuff for a couple days--if--the packing is frugal. IMO

bertmc
02-26-2013, 01:39 AM
[QUOTE=spyder3;579020]The luggage that came with my LT was nice, but i never used it. QUOTE]

Make this guy an offer!

Bob Denman
02-26-2013, 08:25 AM
The luggage that came with my LT was nice, but i never used it.

Good idea! :thumbup:

Are you interested in selling it??