PDA

View Full Version : starting to get a bit worried...

spydermyke990
02-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Well, its been a good 3 weeks since i stopped in last to inquire about the status of my machine, as they had to order my sts sm5, i was told about the financing package, and "the machine should be coming in by the 21st so we cant go further with everything until it comes in", as well as some info about warranty/maintenance packages. I couldn't get any indication about the stuff i ordered with it to be included in the financing(radio,BT dongle, ipod cable, sport rack), and when i went to order the frunk liner, rack bag,12v outlet and side panel kit, all of a sudden the parts counter gave me a bit of and attitude when i inquired about the frunk liner being for the st. The one guy kept getting a bit of a huffy attitude and asking "rs or rt", and acting like the st's didn't exist. I decided to tell him rs, since all of a sudden no one new of and accessories catalog for the st. Its been 3 weeks, i called once and i got the "it'll be here soon" reply, as if i was being a PIA, even though i only called a couple of times over the last 4 weeks.

Should i be concerned and maybe call a higher-up and get some answers? (The dealer is near rochester)It seems like brp and the dealers want to push the se5 so much, that if someone insists on getting the manual shift they egt the cold shoulder. I went to this dealership on the insistance of someone else i knew was buying his st-l from there, and the only
other dealer in the area didnt even seem to care if they sold a machine(and acting like anyone who wasnt in the "inner circle" was someone they didnt care bacame a customer or not).

BajaRon
02-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Doesn't sound good to me. It's typical for people at dealerships that don't know what they are talking about to try and make the informed customer feel like a fool.

I'm pretty sure the RS Frunk liner isn't going to fit your ST. If they don't know what an ST is... that is definitely not a good sign.

Chupaca
02-21-2013, 08:28 PM
:agree: Have to agree with Ron. Usually the whole staff at dealerships are informed of the new products. If they do not know they should get you someone who does...hope they get on the ball before your unit arrives..:thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Be somewhat ready to have a chat with the person in charge...
I've heard of worse, but this doesn't sound great...:shocked:
Good Luck, and please let us know what happens next! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
02-22-2013, 03:04 PM
What you speak of has all the signs of dealer personnel not knowing about the product they sell. The whole situation could definately go down hill from this point.

The advice about talking to someone in the know, or authority, at the dealership is okay if you are ultimately going to buy the :spyder2: from them. If the parts dept does not know the difference between a RS, ST, or RT, I wonder about the service department also.

Wrongly ordered accessories can only compound your problem. The fact that they talked down to you when you were doing them the favor of making a purchase disturbs me a lot.

Please keep us posted. The experience of buying the latest and greatest, should be pleasant and exciting IMO.

BikerDoc
02-22-2013, 03:08 PM
I would be looking for an alternate dealer to order any future parts, service, etc from.. even if the drive is further it is worth it to do business with someone who knows what they are doing.. The Spyder dealership network gets better every year but unfortunately there are still a fair number of disasters out there...

bullant12
02-22-2013, 03:18 PM
I would start talking to the store's manager and if you don't like their answer, walk away and call BRP with your experience. I had that problem with one of the local dealers in which I promised never to set foot there again. After talking to other :spyder2: owners during the last 3 years, I went back with an issue and now they treat me like I want to be treated. It takes a little talk from up above to get people rolling IMO. Good luck!

rc51ny
02-22-2013, 07:16 PM
PM sent

spyderpoop
02-22-2013, 07:37 PM
a prime example of no service after the sale can become a new motto for them

Bob Denman
02-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Has there been any good news to report yet? :shocked:

spydermyke990
02-24-2013, 10:11 AM
i gave them a call yesterday and was told it was supposed to come in by the 21st, but for some reason brp is being slow to ship the sm5's, so it would be another 1-2 weeks, and thats not the first time they have had a problem with a mfr. being slow to ship a customer's machine. the farkles i ordered did come in for it, so i'm gonna give them up to 2 weeks. i dont know if i am going to go for the dealer's maintanance package, since its a 3 year deal and i might be moving out of the area (close to or in ithaca), so driving 100 miles to the dealer for an oil change might be a bitout of the way, and i'm capable of changing it by myself, i've had 30 years of doing that on my atv's anyways.

Bob Denman
02-24-2013, 11:44 AM
Did you put a deposit down on the bike?
Did you tell them that they've got 2 weeks, or else you'll be fishing in another pond?

Spyderjockey
02-24-2013, 12:01 PM
If I were you I would cancel the deal if there ever was one and run form them and never look back. I've had a bad experience from a dealer that is only 5 miles from my house and now travel 32 miles for one dealer and 62 miles for the other and they are both great in sales and service. Bibbens is in Weedsport,NY and Ingals is in Pheonix, NY. I know they are not close for you but even with the extra miles I think you would be far better off than dealing with the inept people that you have been dealing with. Just my $.02, but like I said I speak from a sad experience.

weapon
02-24-2013, 12:11 PM
My SM5 is sitting in a crate at my dealership amd I know they have another. They have had them for a few weeks now.
I told them to take there time because it is still way to cold to ride here and will be till April.

Netminder
02-24-2013, 05:20 PM
For the amount of money we spend on these machines, the dealer should treat you like royalty! I know mine does!

NancysToy
02-24-2013, 06:26 PM
I think your expectations are a little unrealistic. These things aren't an "order and ship" sort of product. The factory ships them as they build them...usually in batches by model, color, etc. Accessories are supplied by other manufacturers under license, and are also often batch processed. Many of us waited months for our Spyders, and the first people that ordered the Premiere Edition GS waited over a year. Your dealer may have mislead you, or underestimated the time before his shipment came in, there may have been delays in shipping due to the steering problems that have arisen, or your model and color could just not have been scheduled for production yet. Whatever the cause, getting mad and going somewhere else accomplishes little. It sounds like there is more to this story than has been told here. :dontknow:

Can-Am Poogs
02-24-2013, 08:19 PM
I think your expectations are a little unrealistic. These things aren't an "order and ship" sort of product. The factory ships them as they build them...usually in batches by model, color, etc. Accessories are supplied by other manufacturers under license, and are also often batch processed. Many of us waited months for our Spyders, and the first people that ordered the Premiere Edition GS waited over a year. Your dealer may have mislead you, or underestimated the time before his shipment came in, there may have been delays in shipping due to the steering problems that have arisen, or your model and color could just not have been scheduled for production yet. Whatever the cause, getting mad and going somewhere else accomplishes little. It sounds like there is more to this story than has been told here. :dontknow:

I may know a thing or two about this subject. The dealers don't order their stock as you buy them. In the fall of 2012 they would have placed an order for all their units for 2013 for the year. They would have ordered all sorts of colors, models, and transmission combination based on their market area and previous sales. Accessories are sold, ordered, and added as explained above. Perhaps your dealer does not order many manual transmission based on his previous sales. We can appreciated, they don't want to get stuck with non current models the following year. I bought my 2012 Spyder RTS in the fall of 2012. The dealer only had 3 left, and one was a straight RT (to naked for some people's tastes). All 3 were manual transmissions. The sold out of all their se5 first and then the RS's. I would suggest if you wanted something he didn't have ordered, he scrambled to order a unit from the factory for you, or he scrambled to find what you wanted on a dealer to dealer trade on stock not yet received, and that could be coming from anywhere in North America at anytime beyond his control. They would be essentially waiting for a different dealer to have it arrive, and not be in apposition to force anyone's hand. Unless you live in California, can't remember, then they are limited to just that State. I agree with what everyone else says though...customer service is customer service and there isn't any excuse for bad customer service. You don't deserve to be treat like :cus: , no matter what.

spydermyke990
02-25-2013, 07:03 AM
Thanks, when I called the dealer they sounded a bit frustrated about the situation too, besides I have to give them a couple weeks anyways because of a lot of other things going on right now, and I won't be able to stop in there until then.

Spyderjockey
02-25-2013, 08:45 AM

All I'm saying if a dealer doesn't treat you with respect and consideration with questions you have about accesories and different aspects of your order before the sale, what are they going to be like after the sale. It can be very frustrating to have to deal with a dealer that doesn't seem to care about customer service.

Bob Denman
02-25-2013, 08:46 AM
Well good luck, and please let us know how this all plays out! :thumbup:

spydermyke990
02-26-2013, 10:03 PM
The call I was waiting for finally came. Turns out they had to wrestle the machine from another dealer, and it'll be in later this week,so they will start busting open the crate and do the farkle installation, so it looks like well within the 2 week window I'll be ryding it home. Hopefully this coming Monday I will be able to get into the dealer so I can fill out the remaining paperwork before I head to the doc's office to get my DOT physical renewed.

Bob Denman
02-27-2013, 08:16 AM
:2thumbs: WOO-HOO!! :ohyea::yes::ohyea::ohyea::yes::ohyea:

weapon
02-27-2013, 08:31 AM
:thumbup: