PDA

View Full Version : Adrenaline and anger.

bruiser
02-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Came home this afternoon, was in the truck. Kris was behind me in her car. She was stopping for the mail and I had my turn signal on to make a left in to the driveway when this woman in a Lincoln Navigator decided she wanted to pass. Mind you, there is a solid yellow line on her side of the road. I stopped short of the driveway, threw the truck in park and went back to speak to her. I asked her if she knew she was in a no passing zone, that she nearly hit me and my wife. She asked what I meant by a no passing zone and I showed her the solid yellow line. She claimed she didn't know what I was talking about and she was just going to go around me because I slowed down. I asked her where she got her license. I explained to her again that she was in a 45 MPH and no passing zone. She asked if I was a cop and that I had no right to stop her. I walked back to get her plate number at which time she drove around my truck and sped off saying see was going to go tell her husband. I told her to send him back. :yikes: :banghead:. This isn't the first time this has happened. :mad: Wonder if she'll send her husband. I can explain to him how stupid his wife is.

ARtraveler
02-21-2013, 03:36 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

When someone is as stupid as the person you encountered, no matter what you say or do, you really can't win. Doing nothing beyond what you already did is probably the best.

bruiser
02-21-2013, 03:49 PM
You're right. It's one of those situations where the attitude of the person just really makes the blood boil. Thank goodness my temper is not as bad as it used to be.

GloryRyders
02-21-2013, 03:54 PM
I've always have said "YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID":banghead:

currin20fan
02-21-2013, 04:00 PM
:shocked: What??? Glad it wasn't worse. Things like that get my blood boiling too. :lecturef_smilie:Its not good for the blood pressure, my friend. See you at spyderfest.

SpyderAnn01
02-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Wow that is really something. That's one of the first things you learn in drivers ed - even before you get on the road - road markings and signs. Duh!

Can-Am Poogs
02-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Not surprised! Stupid is as stupid does. Don't understand how someone has a license who doesn't know what a solid yellow line means or chooses to ignore it.

Oldmanzues
02-21-2013, 04:14 PM
I wish there was a majic pill to send people like that to outer space, but there isn't. Saw one a couple hours ago. A Medic Unit with light and siren going trying to enter a interesection on a red light. Person (sorry female)on the green side pulled up, stopped in front the unit and waited to make a left turn. Everybody else stopped, she waved to the oncoming traffic and turned left. the lane she turned into, the cars were blowing thier horn and pointing. She stayed on her cell phone and ignored them.
Oldmanzues

otter28169
02-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Driving is not an overly complicated thing and it really angers me when people are so bad at it that they are a hazard to others on the road. You handled it much better than I would have.

MMMII
02-21-2013, 05:36 PM
I completely understand your desire/need to have a "chat" with the other driver. People are.....well people.

Just consider that if things were to escalate with the other driver you could be viewed as the aggressor/instigator of the situation if it got out of control. Just something to think about.

Her husband will probably tell her how wrong she was in the first place.

2Paw
02-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Arguing with a stupid person is like teaching a pig to sing, it just a waste of time and annoys the pig.

retread
02-21-2013, 06:35 PM
Sounds like another CrackerJack driver, license from a CrackerJack box. Seems like there's more of 'em every day.

john

Flight Risk
02-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Came home this afternoon, was in the truck. Kris was behind me in her car. She was stopping for the mail and I had my turn signal on to make a left in to the driveway when this woman in a Lincoln Navigator decided she wanted to pass. Mind you, there is a solid yellow line on her side of the road. I stopped short of the driveway, threw the truck in park and went back to speak to her. I asked her if she knew she was in a no passing zone, that she nearly hit me and my wife. She asked what I meant by a no passing zone and I showed her the solid yellow line. She claimed she didn't know what I was talking about and she was just going to go around me because I slowed down. I asked her where she got her license. I explained to her again that she was in a 45 MPH and no passing zone. She asked if I was a cop and that I had no right to stop her. I walked back to get her plate number at which time she drove around my truck and sped off saying see was going to go tell her husband. I told her to send him back. :yikes: :banghead:. This isn't the first time this has happened. :mad: Wonder if she'll send her husband. I can explain to him how stupid his wife is.

He probably already knows Bruiser. Just glad you two are alright.....geez

IGETAROUND
02-21-2013, 07:08 PM
Her husband will probably tell her how wrong she was in the first place.

I wouldn't hold your breath awaiting that occurrence :(:yikes:nojoke

Bob Denman
02-21-2013, 07:41 PM
My Grampa Denman used to remind us to never argue with idiots; it's tough to get yourself done to their level, and then they'l still always beat you because of their great experience with idiocy...:shocked:

bruisersbaby
02-21-2013, 07:51 PM
You're right. It's one of those situations where the attitude of the person just really makes the blood boil. Thank goodness my temper is not as bad as it used to be.

He handled it well, even though I could tell he was very angry. As he said, this isn't the first time we've had people almost t-bone us when we're trying to pull into our driveway. If I hadn't pulled over when I did, she would have hit me in the rear. There were a couple of vehicles stopped while he was 'explaining' solid yellow lines to this person. I went back to the AT&T truck and apologized to the guy for holding him up. He said not to worry about it - he would do the same thing. I asked Bruiser if he had the electric fence around the yard turned on in case this husband shows up, and he assured me he did - just kidding!!!

I really think there are so many people on the roads who are all 'me' and no one else. They always have to be first, don't care about the color of the traffic light, and don't even get me started on texting!! :cus:
:gaah:

ijon1
02-21-2013, 07:58 PM
My cousin had the same thing happen to him making a left turm, only in his case they hit him. Jammed him up good.