PDA

View Full Version : ST-S Gas Mileage

bigbadbear
02-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Hi Forum,

For all of you ST-S owners, what king of gas mileage are you getting on your Spyder. Also when the fuel light come on what the approximate mileage you can go before getting close to running out of fuel. I've notice if I fill up after the fuel light comes on I only can fit like 4.7 gallons into the tank and the tank is 6.6 gallons?

Chupaca
02-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Don't know if any one has posted anything on the ST-S but if you type "gas mileage" in the search box above you will see several threads on the subject. Good reading...:thumbup:

bigbadbear
02-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Don't know if any one has posted anything on the ST-S but if you type "gas mileage" in the search box above you will see several threads on the subject. Good reading...:thumbup:

Thanks,

Lamonster
02-21-2013, 12:44 PM
If I remember right I was getting 30-32 on my trip to TX on the ST

JKMSPYDER
02-21-2013, 12:52 PM
I am averaging 28.3 on my ST-S after 5 fill ups. Hope my mileage will get better.

mrfats
02-21-2013, 12:52 PM

Lamont, were you pulling your trailer?

NancysToy
02-21-2013, 12:55 PM
You are doing about average. The tank capacity is 6.6 gallons, but the usable capacity is only 6.0 gallons. It is necessary to keep about 10% empty head space for venting and expansion puropses. In addition, the fill ring is a bit below the top, so that area can't be filled. When the light first comes on the should be about 1.5 gallons left in the tank. That is your "reserve", to get you to a gas station. Depending on your mileage at the time, that should get you 30-50 more miles. What you are experiencing is normal.

bigbadbear
02-21-2013, 01:00 PM

Thanks,

bigbadbear
02-21-2013, 01:01 PM
You are doing about average. The tank capacity is 6.6 gallons, but the usable capacity is only 6.0 gallons. It is necessary to keep about 10% empty head space for venting and expansion puropses. In addition, the fill ring is a bit below the top, so that area can't be filled. When the light first comes on the should be about 1.5 gallons left in the tank. That is your "reserve", to get you to a gas station. Depending on your mileage at the time, that should get you 30-50 more miles. What you are experiencing is normal.

Thanks exactly what I was looking for.:D

Bob Denman
02-21-2013, 01:45 PM
When Scotty speaks; we ALL listen! :shocked: :bowdown:

StanProff
02-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Lamont, were you pulling your trailer?

My bet is yes :coffee:

ARtraveler
02-21-2013, 03:07 PM
It would be interesting to get more reports about the ST's in regards to gas mileage. It does appear that it will fall into the "normal" range though. (30-32 mpg). We are dealing with similar configuration here--but with front end tweeks.

The ST is a "mid-range" :spyder2: IMO. Decked out slightly more than the RS, but less than the RT. Since all are running the same engine, I expect the "usual" for mileage.

I have had the privledge of having an unadorned GS, then decking it out to a full blown dresser, then going on to the RT-S when it came out.

As the GS began to be transformed over the year an a half that I owned it (23,500 miles), I did not note gas mileage going down as the weight went up from the accessories.

My mileage on all four :ani29:,s has been in that magic 30-32 range. I am not an agressive driver and usually drive the highways at speed limit plus five max. I also keep the :spyder2:,s in the happy range of rpm,s. 4500-5000.

bigbadbear
02-21-2013, 04:54 PM
It would be interesting to get more reports about the ST's in regards to gas mileage. It does appear that it will fall into the "normal" range though. (30-32 mpg). We are dealing with similar configuration here--but with front end tweeks.

The ST is a "mid-range" :spyder2: IMO. Decked out slightly more than the RS, but less than the RT. Since all are running the same engine, I expect the "usual" for mileage.

I have had the privledge of having an unadorned GS, then decking it out to a full blown dresser, then going on to the RT-S when it came out.

As the GS began to be transformed over the year an a half that I owned it (23,500 miles), I did not note gas mileage going down as the weight went up from the accessories.

My mileage on all four :ani29:,s has been in that magic 30-32 range. I am not an agressive driver and usually drive the highways at speed limit plus five max. I also keep the :spyder2:,s in the happy range of rpm,s. 4500-5000.

Thanks for your reply and I too noticed better gas mileage when keeping the RPM down.:bowdown: