PDA

View Full Version : ST handbar gadget mounting

Osros
02-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Just a quick question Im looking at Iphone mounting options just wanted to make sure is the ST handlebar the same as the RT for holes/mounting? Cause Im not seeing ST specific options alot of RT Im thinking it is just wanted to make sure.

Thanks

RetiredCGRider
03-27-2013, 01:51 AM
Do you have a GPS on the bike, if not I'm sure they make a mount for that, and you could mount one there. I haven't seen much for the ST either, we have a few things that we would like to mount! Like a cup holder.

Osros
03-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Do you have a GPS on the bike, if not I'm sure they make a mount for that, and you could mount one there. I haven't seen much for the ST either, we have a few things that we would like to mount! Like a cup holder.

Got it done went with a RT gadet mount from KewlMetal and then RAM Ball mount hardware, works well Im using the Iphone for everything, GPS, Music, Phone. Now I need to figure how Im gonna do a direct to battery Iphone charging cable then Im all set.

Thanks!

VADale
07-18-2013, 07:20 AM
Got it done went with a RT gadet mount from KewlMetal and then RAM Ball mount hardware, works well Im using the Iphone for everything, GPS, Music, Phone. Now I need to figure how Im gonna do a direct to battery Iphone charging cable then Im all set.

Thanks!

Do you have pictures you could post showing the mounting (without the iPhone in it)?

Bob Denman
07-18-2013, 05:43 PM
:agree: 72102 :bbq::bbq::bbq:

Osros
08-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Just saw this if you need will be happy to take a few pics. And parts list

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sny
08-04-2013, 05:05 PM
This is the Kewlmetal Gizmo bracket for the RT mounted on the STS

Note that it's facing downward instead of up like it would be on an RT. No big deal really, doesn't interfere with anything.

I believe some of the other RT mounting brackets that mount to the handlebar bolts like this will also work.

Spyder Tony
08-06-2013, 09:00 PM
This is the Kewlmetal Gizmo bracket for the RT mounted on the STS

Note that it's facing downward instead of up like it would be on an RT. No big deal really, doesn't interfere with anything.

I believe some of the other RT mounting brackets that mount to the handlebar bolts like this will also work.

I always wondered if the RT mounts would work on an ST...Thanx for the pix!!!
Problem for me is that I have the nav (Zumo) and that mount configuration won't work for me:banghead:

Wonder if I can adapt your water bottle mount to hold my phone. Disappointed that the ST-S isn't integrated for Android, but seems as if I'm alone in that sentiment.

wd5gnr
08-06-2013, 09:06 PM
No! I want Android integration too! I'm looking at this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2220108

What I really want to do is take a Raspberry Pi in the trunk and turn it into a "flight computer" that would do a lot of different things including making my bluetooth from my front mounted phone look like an iPOD.

This was how I mounted and it would probably work for ST too: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?56281-Simple-40-X-Phone-Mount-for-RT-with-SE5&p=668078#post668078

Sny
08-07-2013, 09:21 AM
I always wondered if the RT mounts would work on an ST...Thanx for the pix!!!
Problem for me is that I have the nav (Zumo) and that mount configuration won't work for me
I'm sure someone has come up with an amps adapter for the Zumo. I would have to see the gps to confirm anything tho.

Spyder Tony
08-07-2013, 10:58 AM
No! I want Android integration too! I'm looking at this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2220108

What I really want to do is take a Raspberry Pi in the trunk and turn it into a "flight computer" that would do a lot of different things including making my bluetooth from my front mounted phone look like an iPOD.

This was how I mounted and it would probably work for ST too: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?56281-Simple-40-X-Phone-Mount-for-RT-with-SE5&p=668078#post668078

I am on the XDA Dev site all the time to root my Note 2, GS4, Motorola Xoom Tab, and my son's Nook Color...never even thought of going there for advice on integrating Android into the Spyder. Thanks wd5gnr for getting me thinking outside the box with the Android integration. If I could get my Galaxy Note2 integrated, I may never have a reason to drive my car again (except for rainy days, of course) :yes:

Spyder Tony
08-07-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm sure someone has come up with an amps adapter for the Zumo. I would have to see the gps to confirm anything tho.

Hi Sny...i'll post some pics of the nav unit a bit later today. As you said, hopefully someone has come up with a nifty device to attach a phone mount to the existing GPS mount. I'm sure i'm not the 1st ST owner with Nav that wants to mount their phone too.

In the meantime, i'll be looking into the Android integration on my Spyder thanks to the input from wd5gnr.

Flamewinger
11-03-2013, 02:36 PM
I just installed mounting for both my iPhone and Satellite radio. I found you can buy mounting hardware for the Rivco drink holder. (Just the mounts, not the drink cup). Kinda pricy as the chrome mount with hardware goes for $30. I found a dealer that sold them but cheaper shipping.

I used a RAM ball and short RAM arm clamp and X grip for phone, RAM square for radio. (I've yet to get the radio relocated from frunk.

Flamewinger
11-03-2013, 02:59 PM
More on Rivco mount

http://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/product.php?productid=816&cat=477&page=1