PDA

View Full Version : ST-S SE5 Circuit Yellow Metallic

bigbadbear
02-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Hi Forum,

Question to the other lucky individuals who have purchased the new ST-S Circuit Yellow Metallic Spyder. Have you noticed the bad paint job on both left and right panels where the Can-Am logos are. My bike you can see the green primer paint on both sides of the trims. I had them get me a new set and they to came back looking the same which I think is unacceptable.

JKMSPYDER
02-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Very strange. I have the same model and color as you do and have not noticed any color difference in the trim.

ARtraveler
02-20-2013, 02:36 PM
:welcome: to the party.

Devil's Advocate here: did they actually have a new set of panels, or were they showing you the same ones and saying these were the new ones?

Chupaca
02-20-2013, 03:14 PM
:welcome: to the party.

Devil's Advocate here: did they actually have a new set of panels, or were they showing you the same ones and saying these were the new ones?

:agree: seems odd if they requested new one under warranty factory had to see old ones or have an explanation as to why..!! Hard to imagine them sending news with the same problem:dontknow:

spydaman60
02-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Hi Forum,

Question to the other lucky individuals who have purchased the new ST-S Circuit Yellow Metallic Spyder. Have you noticed the bad paint job on both left and right panels where the Can-Am logos are. My bike you can see the green primer paint on both sides of the trims. I had them get me a new set and they to came back looking the same which I think is unacceptable.unacceptable isn't the word!! it's totally :cus: unacceptable any way you look at it. shame on brp!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead: you got some "head bangin" to do, but not yours. use your dealers head instead!!!:thumbup: keep us posted on this one. i'd like to know what they say or do for you!

JKMSPYDER
02-20-2013, 08:41 PM
​Can you post photos?

SpyderBuzz
02-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Mine looks perfect...

Derek Paisley
02-20-2013, 09:10 PM
That sucks! Very sorry to hear that.
I'm sure it will be taken care of.

Maybe it's the
Green Machine trying to break loose! :-)

capt.jim
02-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Mine looks the same way, sloppy masking around the side grills and not much paint, both of the yellow ones looked the same. My mechanic pointed it out to me first.

spyderpoop
02-20-2013, 10:31 PM
any thing this company does should by now not suprise any of us like poor paint jobs and quality product like now the steering one for instance

mcaccamise
02-20-2013, 11:51 PM
Just another good reason to want to keep my 2012 RSS im so disapointed in the new STS what with all the little things showing up on here i guess ill waite another year or two to see if they BRP gets all the bugs worked out.
Just after the release of the new modles i was getting excited to hear that the STS was a perfect cross between the RSS and the RT i was considering looking into one rather than add all the extras to build the perfect roadster and now all im hearing is it was pushed out the door to the public before all the bugs were worked out to bad i guess ill waite and see how long it takes for BRP to get their :cus: together.

bigbadbear
02-21-2013, 12:24 PM
​Can you post photos?

Yes I will take some.

bigbadbear
02-21-2013, 12:26 PM
:agree: seems odd if they requested new one under warranty factory had to see old ones or have an explanation as to why..!! Hard to imagine them sending news with the same problem:dontknow:

No I actually seen them unwrap the ones that came from the factory. They never removed the ones that were on the bike originally. They stated they was going to call BRP about it.

ARtraveler
02-21-2013, 03:46 PM
bigbadbear: Thank you for clarifying that no "switcheroo" was attempted or made on the new panels.

Green RSS
03-03-2013, 11:07 AM
My Circuit Yellow ST S will be delivered to my house Tuesday. I look it over closely.

Bob Denman
03-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Well here's to hoping that the paint on yours is as it should be...:cheers:

Lousy paint is a warranty issue; do NOT back down! :thumbup:

Green RSS
03-04-2013, 01:39 AM
Well here's to hoping that the paint on yours is as it should be...:cheers:

Lousy paint is a warranty issue; do NOT back down! :thumbup:

Amen, brother.
:thumbup:

Green RSS
03-05-2013, 10:17 AM
My Circuit Yellow ST S will be delivered to my house Tuesday. I look it over closely.

Yep. Mine is looking a little green around the vents also.

weapon
03-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Hey Green RSS
Have you had a chance to ride your new toy yet? :coffee:

Green RSS
03-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Hey Green RSS
Have you had a chance to ride your new toy yet? :coffee:

Not yet. I worked last night and it is pouring rain today. But this weekend is suposed to be nice!!!!! Deffinately gonna put some miles on it then. :D

Ron Parks
03-17-2013, 01:04 PM
I just raised the garage door and also turned on the lights to examine the paint job on my Circuit Yellow RS-S. No evidence of green primer showing on mine. Looks like a good paint job. Just a note...I have obtained a vinyl copy of carbonfiber to put on the two vertical panels on the nose of the bike. I tried applying it myself and got some wrinkles, but other than that, it looks really good. I plan to have the dealer remove my botched attempt and apply it themselves to get it right. They have lots of experience with decals, etc. I hope to avoid some rock chips, as well as improve the appearance. It is a nice improvement.

azjerry
03-17-2013, 02:15 PM
We have the ST_S Yellow and I thought I noticed a green hue in the garage light but not in bright sunlight. My wife says it is fine, it is her bike so I guess if she is happy. but on the inside of the frunk lid it is obviously not finished paint job. Very noticeable green spots. Do others have that also?

Green RSS
04-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Hi Forum,

Question to the other lucky individuals who have purchased the new ST-S Circuit Yellow Metallic Spyder. Have you noticed the bad paint job on both left and right panels where the Can-Am logos are. My bike you can see the green primer paint on both sides of the trims. I had them get me a new set and they to came back looking the same which I think is unacceptable.

I had my dealer take pictures of my Yellow STS and my wife's Magnesium STS. Both have overspray on the black "grills" on the sides. BRP's response was that the dealer could order us new side panels under warranty, but BRP couldn't guarantee that the new panels would be any better. :yikes: My dealer is pushing for a better solution from BRP. :lecturef_smilie:

Ron Parks
04-17-2013, 08:27 PM
When I picked up my bike, the dealer had tried to fix a sticky latch and managed to crack the lid for about 9 inches down the middle. They replaced it for free, of course, at break-in service...but I notice the inside of the replacement frunk lid does show some areas of green primer. Not a major problem, but sloppy work, in my opinion.

Green RSS
04-24-2013, 09:20 AM
As of yesterday, according to my dealer, BRP is still trying to figure out a way to correct the painting issue. They just don't have an answer right now. :yikes:

MrLooney
04-24-2013, 09:46 AM
My question is = Where are the panels coming from? Is it BRP's own on site factory workers or is it an off site Sub Contractor doing the paint job for BRP?

Green RSS
04-30-2013, 09:19 AM
This is just my opinion, but, I think they paint them in-house. I think this because if it was subbed out, it would seem to be a simple matter of making them resupply properly painted panels. Or maybe I'm just crazy :yikes: