PDA

View Full Version : Riding boots question

KeviCon
02-20-2013, 12:49 AM
Hey guys,

I just had a quick question for you guys; I was looking to get a pair of riding boots and I remember seeing these on a post a while ago. They seem very well priced and I was curious about the sizing. I dont really wear boots of any kind normally so I am not sure if they typically run big or small etc.. I normally wear a 10.5 - 11 in normal sneaker and such so was considering size 11. Any input would be great and review if you have ever wore these before.

http://www.hondaeastsuperstore.com/Items/4441613190?sck=14384149&caSKU=4441613190&caTitle=Can-Am%20Waterproof%20Riding%20Boots%20Black%20Size%20 11

TicketBait
02-20-2013, 01:57 AM
I have those boots. got them at Spyderfest last year. Love them! I too am same size as you. I tried the Tens, and elevens and went with the larger size. You can always make a boot fit more snug if necessary but rather difficult to expand. ;)

KeviCon
02-20-2013, 02:58 AM
Thanks a lot for the input! Very helpful

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

KeviCon
02-20-2013, 03:05 AM
Or if anyone has some suggestions on other boots I'd be glad to hear it :D

SpyRyd
02-20-2013, 04:05 AM
Hey guys,

I just had a quick question for you guys; I was looking to get a pair of riding boots and I remember seeing these on a post a while ago. They seem very well priced and I was curious about the sizing. I dont really wear boots of any kind normally so I am not sure if they typically run big or small etc.. I normally wear a 10.5 - 11 in normal sneaker and such so was considering size 11. Any input would be great and review if you have ever wore these before.

http://www.hondaeastsuperstore.com/Items/4441613190?sck=14384149&caSKU=4441613190&caTitle=Can-Am%20Waterproof%20Riding%20Boots%20Black%20Size%20 11

I typically wear a size 9...purchased these in size 10 so I'd have room for thick wool socks. Boots are really snug...no room for thick socks. They are ok for ryding but I find them uncomfortable for standing/ walking. Also my feet still get cold when wearing these boots in 30-40 degree weather. Needless to say I'm still searching for a good comfortable winter ryding boot.

Fusionfool
02-20-2013, 05:46 AM
Or if anyone has some suggestions on other boots I'd be glad to hear it :D

The wife and I both have the Tour-Master boots.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/67/900/35780/ITEM/Tour-Master-Solution-WP-2-0-Road-Boots.aspx
We do not have a lot of ride time on them as we got them in Oct 2012 and only had a few rides before putting the bike away, but the are comfortable and I did notice good protection from the Spyder right leg heat.

Hberninger
02-20-2013, 08:25 AM
Hey guys,

I bought a pair of these, but sent them back. I wear a size 12 - the length was ok but they were too narrow for me. I talked to the store before I returned them. He said they got that complaint frequently. The HondaEast folks are very professional and friendly.

NancysToy
02-20-2013, 08:46 AM
My wife has the Tourmaster waterproof boots, and absolutely loves them! For those of you with hard to fit feet, you may want to try what I wear...Bates Leathers custom boots. They have several styles, and build them to fit a trace and measurements of your feet. My feet were especially hard to fit, so they sent me a pair of boots to try on, then got on the phone with me as I pinched and measured and answered their questions. Very reasonably priced, and available in several styles. They are not waterproof, however. I wear FirstGear overboots in the rain.

currin20fan
02-20-2013, 09:08 AM
Hey guys,

I purchased something similar to this from cyclegear.com. The boot bends when you do which makes it very comfortable for riding. My feet stay warm on colder days and stay dry on rainy days. I've walked quite a bit in these and they are comfortable and true to size. Name is HIPORA, BREATHABLE WATER-PROOF.

otter28169
02-20-2013, 09:17 AM
I typically wear a size 9...purchased these in size 10 so I'd have room for thick wool socks. Boots are really snug...no room for thick socks. They are ok for ryding but I find them uncomfortable for standing/ walking. Also my feet still get cold when wearing these boots in 30-40 degree weather. Needless to say I'm still searching for a good comfortable winter ryding boot.

I use an insulated non-steel toed Wolverine with a complete leather outer shell when I ride in the cold. They work very well with the gear shift, are very warm, and extremely comfortable. I actually bought the can am riding boots for the warmer months of the year. Maybe they could work out for you? Let me know:2thumbs:

KeviCon
02-20-2013, 09:46 AM
I use an insulated non-steel toed Wolverine with a complete leather outer shell when I ride in the cold. They work very well with the gear shift, are very warm, and extremely comfortable. I actually bought the can am riding boots for the warmer months of the year. Maybe they could work out for you? Let me know:2thumbs:

Luckily I'm in Florida so cold weather shouldn't be an issue :)

GuitarPlayer
02-20-2013, 09:46 AM
I received my pair of size 11's last week. They're a little tight to put on, but once they're on, they're pretty comfortable. I think the boots are an excellent deal considering the price. Now all I need is a :spyder2: to with them.

Tony

otter28169
02-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Luckily I'm in Florida so cold weather shouldn't be an issue :)

Your right, you have no worries until the summer hits.

Cavman
02-20-2013, 10:51 AM
I wanted to get a pair of Tour Master boots but there isn't any vendors in North GA that carries them in stock. I have a problem with my right foot so I have to try on shoes to fit. So, I had to settle for some of the zips up boots sold at Cycle Gear that look like the ones you have pictured. They are horrible to walk in.
I bought these mainly for warmer weather is I could take them off with my riding pants. That way I could be in shorts and comfortable shoes at my destination.
Otherwise, I wear a pair of Danner Arcadia insulated boots. They are waterproof. If you get on their Breakroom mailing list, they have some incredible sales of their products when they have some blems. All Danner boots are made in the USA. Go to their website and watch some of their videos of how they make boots!

bobnaquin
02-20-2013, 12:23 PM
Hey guys,

I just got these form Honda East. Once I got them on, and they were a struggle, they felt like slippers. True to size. Well except for getting them on and off. It was raining yesterday and I used them to go run with the dog. That should have broken them in. Great deal BTW.

daveinva
02-20-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm in my second year of wearing TCX boots (motorcycle boots sure do last a lot longer when you don't have to put your feet down at every stop :joke:).

LOVE them, fit true to size, waterproof, worth every penny.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-x-five-plus-boots

That said, for that price for the Can-Am boots, I'm inclined to buy a pair just for the heckuva it.

SpyderAnn01
02-20-2013, 12:33 PM
That is a pretty cheap price for waterproof boots. I have a pair of similarly styled TourMasters and I didn't like them they felt too bulky for me. I know they were a lot more than $60 though. I know wear TCX boots and I love them. They go for approx $200 though.

JkRbbt
02-20-2013, 12:54 PM
I agree with Dave. I bought TCX boots. True to size, waterproof, easy on/off with side zipper/velcro. My foot tends to be wide, but EE is too wide. TCX medium width is on the wide side. Comfortable on the bike and off. Worked for me. Happy shopping!

KeviCon
02-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Anybody have any warm weather riding apparel suggestions. Jackets and such. Or a type of material to look for

Thanks guys!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

rcturner
02-20-2013, 01:17 PM
These boots look great. However, if your luck is like mine, they may not fit as you would like them. My Harley dealers have been my source for boots. I can try them on, make sure they fit to my liking and take them home when I leave the store. Prices seem to be OK also.

Arr MiHardies
02-20-2013, 01:44 PM
I bought a pair of these, but sent them back. I wear a size 12 - the length was ok but they were too narrow for me. I talked to the store before I returned them. He said they got that complaint frequently. The HondaEast folks are very professional and friendly.

You know what they say about guys with big feet right.....

It's hard for them to find shoes that fit...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ARtraveler
02-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Boots are like seats. They are all over the place as far as what is comfortable for one, may not be comfortable for another.

First: I would get a pair of those sale boots at $58.99. You can't beat that price anywhere for waterproof/water resistant boots. I have SIVI brand and they cost twice that.

In addition to the waterproof above--I have a couple pair of engineer boots with the decorative leather straps around the heel. One pair of black and one pair of brown. I actually prefer these type of boots for riding--but use the SIVI when its wet out there. I just re-soled the black engineers (after about 12 years of riding with them). They are broke in to the point where I can pull them on with finger through the loop.

RE: Sizing: I usually buy size 8--but wear a 7 1/2. For me, this leaves a little room for socks. For the SIVI, I went up one metric size. The Euro type boots are very trim and tight and need some serious breaking in. An old trick: Sprinkle baby powder (talcum) into each boot and on your socks. You can usually slide your foot into them without to much trouble. Wear the boots for a couple days to get them somewhat broken in. It has taken a couple seasons riding (part time basis) to get the SIVI's where they go on an off without too much problem.

Yeochief
02-20-2013, 03:09 PM
When I decided to get my :f_spider:, I had to take the motorcycle safety course to get my endorsement. No motorcycle riding since I was 15, and that was in 1957. The instructor told us we would need an over the ankle shoe in addition to long sleeves, gloves and eye protection to take the road portion of the course. I didn't own such a pair of shoes at the time, and needed them the next day. Walmart to the rescue. they carry a number of work boots that cover your ankle, aren't truly ugly, and do not cost an arm and a leg. Mine cost me around $30 in 2010. I wear them most days riding. They are comfortable to walk in, and protect your feet from heat and flying objects. Most of them are waterproof. I wear mine when riding, and when mowing the lawn, using the week wacker and edger. They will likely out last me.

That said, I always wanted a pair of real "Motorcycle Boots", you know the kind, black with harness and metal hardware. I checked many shops before I settled on a pair of River Road Square Toe Harness Boots. Cycle Gear carries them, and they don't often go on sale, expect to pay around $160 for a pair. I wore them this morning and as always, they keep my feet and shins from getting cooked by the exhaust.

It has been my experience that one shouldn't buy shoes or boots without trying them on. Different brands are built on different lasts, and the same size will feel very different when you try them on. Bilt, Cycle Gear store brand is made on a narrow last, my foot isn't real wide, but I cannot put on a Bilt boot two sizes bigger. The River Road fits my foot.

I don't do rain if I can avoid it, and rather than a waterproof boot, they tend to be sweaty, I got a pair of boot covers to go with my raid gear.

spydaman60
02-20-2013, 03:38 PM
Hey guys,

http://www.hondaeastsuperstore.com/Items/4441613190?sck=14384149&caSKU=4441613190&caTitle=Can-Am%20Waterproof%20Riding%20Boots%20Black%20Size%20 11 heck of a good price. thanks for the post. i need a new pair and just might go with these!!:thumbup:

AlamoRyder
02-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Sneaker or "running shoe" sizes usually run a size smaller than dress shoe sizes. I wear 10 1/2 to 11 street shoes but size twelve running shoe. I bought the 11 Can-Am boot and it is just right. Better with a nicer insole. Judge boot size against a street shoe size and not a running shoe. I worked in a Fleet Feet running store for 10 years and learned correct sizing of running shoes. People always buy the wrong size running shoes unless someone with knowledge helps them. Then they complain that running hurts. What ever you wear in regular shoes go up a size or size and a half for a running shoe. Never have you toes within a half inch (more like an inch) of end of a running shoe.

dasto
02-20-2013, 07:21 PM
Hey guys,

I recently ordered a pair of these and wore them today to break them in a bit. Seem to be very good quality and warm. A good value considering the price.

KeviCon
02-20-2013, 07:38 PM
These kind of caught my eye as well :O I don't believe they are water proof; only weather resistant. But looking @ them they look like they might be more for a sport bike rider :O Price was good though

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product/bilt_circuit_racer_leather_motorcycle_boots/web1010134

CapNCrunch
02-21-2013, 03:44 PM
The wife and I both have the Tour-Master boots.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/67/900/35780/ITEM/Tour-Master-Solution-WP-2-0-Road-Boots.aspx
We do not have a lot of ride time on them as we got them in Oct 2012 and only had a few rides before putting the bike away, but the are comfortable and I did notice good protection from the Spyder right leg heat.

I'm on my second pair, after 9 years. The most comfortable riding boots I've ever owned, with over 39 years of riding. I get the same size as my regular shoes, and they fit perfectly with either cotton or wool sox. Very comfortable for riding, or walking and standing. And, as the name implies, weather proof. Reasonably priced, too. I think you'll like 'em. Ride easy, CapNCrunch

Can-Am Poogs
02-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Love TCX boots, but never been a fan of moon walkers. Find these a little more stylish is a dark blue http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/tcx-x-street-waterproof-leather-shoes.html