PDA

View Full Version : I did it...

dbnc
04-10-2008, 04:10 PM
I ordered a spyder back in the fall but the wife hated the idea of buying a second bike because I already ride the baddest bike on the rode... (SUZUKI M109 LE)

We were out this past weekend and she saw one and talked to the owners and the lady sold her all over again..

We placed the order today and wil be new owners hopefully in the nexty 90 days...

Looking forward to having a new mate in the stable for the 109...

barb36jack31
04-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Good show! Welcome aboard!

Jack H.

bjt
04-10-2008, 09:01 PM
:bigthumbsup: Congratulations. I am supposed to pick mine up tomorrow but this weather is not cooperating. I don't want my first ride on my new Spyder to be in a thunderstorm.

NancysToy
04-10-2008, 09:52 PM
:bigthumbsup: Congratulations. I am supposed to pick mine up tomorrow but this weather is not cooperating. I don't want my first ride on my new Spyder to be in a thunderstorm.

Thought about you Brian, when I saw the weather report. This thing is fighting you tooth and nail. Hope everything comes together soon!
-Scotty

Lamonster
04-11-2008, 05:36 AM
I ordered a spyder back in the fall but the wife hated the idea of buying a second bike because I already ride the baddest bike on the rode... (SUZUKI M109 LE)

We were out this past weekend and she saw one and talked to the owners and the lady sold her all over again..

We placed the order today and wil be new owners hopefully in the nexty 90 days...

Looking forward to having a new mate in the stable for the 109...

:congrats: You'll have the best of both worlds. :doorag: :spyder:

Lamonster
04-11-2008, 05:38 AM

That's smart to wait it out. The Spyder takes a few miles on the dry pavement to get use to. :spyder:

bjt
04-11-2008, 05:52 AM
That's smart to wait it out. The Spyder takes a few miles on the dry pavement to get use to. :spyder:

Thanks for the heads up but I'm kinda used to riding one as I've been on my wife's, known as dltang on these boards, a few times now. My only issue is, at my age, I don't like to get soaking wet AND cold unnecessarily. It is looking promising right now as the rain has stopped, temp is up to 44 and The Weather Channel radar shows a break in the rain for the area.

Lamonster
04-11-2008, 05:57 AM
Sorry I didn't pick up on that. :redfaced:

Hope today is the day for you then. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :spyder:

bjt
04-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Oh yeah..... Picked it up, saw that the wife wrote them a check for something just under $19,000. :'( Looks like we'll be eating PB & J for a while. ;D Oh well, it did include the red caliper stickers, handle bar riser installed, 12 volt outlet installed, 2 hindel exhausts (one for me and one for her), passenger seat cargo bag and those side protector scuff pad thingies (not the technical term....). We have to wait for the Hindel exhaust as they didn't have any in stock but I got everything else this morning. I couldn't ride to work tonight as we are getting quite a bit of bad weather with possible tornados through this evening but hopefully we'll get a little dry spell tomorrow to pick up Dltang's Spyder from its 600 mile service and take a little cruise. :spyder:

dltang
04-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Oh yeah..... Picked it up, saw that the wife wrote them a check for something just under $19,000. :'( Looks like we'll be eating PB & J for a while. ;D Oh well, it did include the red caliper stickers, handle bar riser installed, 12 volt outlet installed, 2 hindel exhausts (one for me and one for her), passenger seat cargo bag and those side protector scuff pad thingies (not the technical term....). We have to wait for the Hindel exhaust as they didn't have any in stock but I got everything else this morning. I couldn't ride to work tonight as we are getting quite a bit of bad weather with possible tornados through this evening but hopefully we'll get a little dry spell tomorrow to pick up Dltang's Spyder from its 600 mile service and take a little cruise. :spyder:

That amount also included the BRP BEST Plus 3 year warranty. So it was a pretty darn good deal.

bjt
04-11-2008, 07:38 PM
That amount also included the BRP BEST Plus 3 year warranty. So it was a pretty darn good deal.

Well..... We'll still eat PB & J :joke:

:spyder: :spyder: :hot: and the red banana to boot. ;D