PDA

View Full Version : My "currant" affair

webweaver
02-18-2013, 07:35 AM
Feb. 9th I trailered "Big Red", my 2011 RT to Kansas City for a coolant leak. While my wonderful mechanic was tighten a clamp and rotating the front tires (19,000+ miles), my husband and I decided to take a look at the new 2013 offerings. Well I sat on an ST and I was hooked. So I spent the rest of the day working on a deal to trade my RT in on a new Black Currant ST Limited. It arrived in KC on Tues. and I rode it home this last Sat. The weather man had forecast 40 degrees but KC had about 3 in. of snow so it was a slow cold windy and cloudy ride home but 2 1/2 hrs. later my new love was safely parked on the warmer garage. Yesterday it was 60+ degrees so got a few more miles in and now have 190 miles on a wonderful fun bike. Lots of differences from my RT, but so much fun.:ani29: Webweaver

CyncySpyder
02-18-2013, 08:32 AM
:clap::yes::congrats::yes::clap:
:nopic:

Note to self::lecturef_smilie:
You can NOT afford to allow yourself under any circumstances to sit on a New ST :shocked:

Cruzr Joe
02-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Feb. 9th I trailered "Big Red", my 2011 RT to Kansas City for a coolant leak. While my wonderful mechanic was tighten a clamp and rotating the front tires (19,000+ miles), my husband and I decided to take a look at the new 2013 offerings. Well I sat on an ST and I was hooked. So I spent the rest of the day working on a deal to trade my RT in on a new Black Currant ST Limited. It arrived in KC on Tues. and I rode it home this last Sat. The weather man had forecast 40 degrees but KC had about 3 in. of snow so it was a slow cold windy and cloudy ride home but 2 1/2 hrs. later my new love was safely parked on the warmer garage. Yesterday it was 60+ degrees so got a few more miles in and now have 190 miles on a wonderful fun bike. Lots of differences from my RT, but so much fun.:ani29: Webweaver

Tell us about the differences

Cruzr Joe

NitroCircus Spyder
02-18-2013, 09:00 AM

Congrats on your new ride, that is awesome! :2thumbs: :clap: :yes: :congrats:

JJW SpyderRider
02-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Congrats! :thumbup:

flamingobabe
02-18-2013, 09:51 AM
62257 congrats on the new ST....

webweaver
02-18-2013, 10:08 AM
Tell us about the differences

Cruzr Joe

The first thing I noticed was that I feel more open than on the RT since there is no trunk behind me. the steering is so completely different really reminds me of the rack and pinion steering that I had on my Lotus (many years ago). It is easy to over correct and a light touch is needed. Love the foot boards and the better (for me) riding position, I'm not riding on my toes but with my feet flat on the boards and my shoulders are more relaxed. The saddle also feels narrower as compared to the '11 RT so overall much more comfortable. I'm not mechanically inclined so can't address allot of the questions some may have. So far it's great, do kind of miss the glove box and my new key won't fit in the IPS correctly but these are minor issues to work out. Thanks, Penny

can-am sam
02-18-2013, 11:01 AM
I have another twin. Does your new machine steer fine at highway speeds? Mine has the dreaded steering problem and is at the dealers waiting for a fix from BRP.

SpyderAnn01
02-18-2013, 11:19 AM
:congrats: that color is sweet!

Chupaca
02-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Congratulations on the new ryde. Seems your not the only one bitten..good weathers a coming ryde on and on..:2thumbs:

Big Arm
02-18-2013, 02:33 PM
:congrats:

ARtraveler
02-18-2013, 02:38 PM
:congrats: on the new ryde. I believe you may be the first confirmed case of TSS (Test Sit Syndrome). Glad you enjoy your new ryde and I also like the new currant black color.

Spyder lady 66
02-18-2013, 05:24 PM
I also bought the ST LIMITED black currant and love it!!! So :congrats: on yours.

webweaver
02-19-2013, 08:56 AM
I have another twin. Does your new machine steer fine at highway speeds? Mine has the dreaded steering problem and is at the dealers waiting for a fix from BRP.

I haven't found an issue with steering, but I had 20+mph winds both days I was able to ryde. The weather is in the dumper and getting worse thru the week so hopefully next week I can get back to ryding. Also as I am in the break in period I have been keeping my rpms down under 4500 so max speed of low 60's. Hope you have your spyder back soon! Webweaver