PDA

View Full Version : BajaRon Sway Bar

Harley
02-17-2013, 03:53 PM
INSTALLED THE SWAY BAR THIS MORNING AND LOOKING FORWARD TO MY FIRST RIDE. MAYBE YET TODAY ! THANKS RON FOR A GREAT PRODUCT.

:2thumbs::):):)

Kratos
02-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Congrats! Let us know how you think. :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
02-17-2013, 07:39 PM
I am 100% sure that you will absolutely love it. :yes:

Bob Denman
02-17-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm just about set to tackle mine... :shocked: how much time should somebody lacking skills allow for this job?

SpyderAnn01
02-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Bob if you don't have the bump skid I would think you could do it in around an hour.

Hberninger
02-17-2013, 09:03 PM
My new BajaRon bar is here. I'm building up my courage to tackle the installation. Do I need metric wrenches to do the job?

SllimG
02-17-2013, 09:09 PM
I'm just about set to tackle mine... :shocked: how much time should somebody lacking skills allow for this job?

Bob, I installed one on my RS in about an hour but some of that was cleaning and applying silicon around the seam in the back of the frunk due to a leak that I had been wanting to fix anyway. It is an easy install.

Sarge707
02-17-2013, 09:53 PM

3-4 hours at the Minimun!!! Better send the Misses on a Short Cruise?:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Chupaca
02-17-2013, 11:10 PM
Wish I knew how long on the RT's but on the RS's about an hour. The bumpskid comes off with the frunk as a unit. There were also instructions included to do it with out removing the frunk. Good luck...:thumbup:

GRIPMAN
02-17-2013, 11:14 PM
Two hours using metric tools, easy install

bignose13
02-18-2013, 12:32 AM
Where is the link to buy one of these for my RSs ???

Harley
02-18-2013, 05:35 AM
It took this old man about two hours to install. Would have taken a lot less time if I would have used something different than my ramps. No much clearance between the floor and Spyder with the drive-on ramps. I am not as agile or flexible as I once was. All in all, an easy install, and after a short test ride, well worth the time, effort and cost. Ron is a winner on all counts...

ulflyer
02-18-2013, 07:42 AM
I chickened out and had it done at the dealer....one hour @ $92 and the mechanic used every bit of that time doing it.

Bob Denman
02-18-2013, 08:53 AM
Thanks Guys! :thumbup:
I'm seeing one hour for the installation by most of you! :clap:
However... :shocked:
Since my vision isn't all that great, and diabetic neuropathy has robbed me of a useful right thumb; I should probably allow at least five hours. nojoke

BajaRon
02-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Where is the link to buy one of these for my RSs ???

PM me here at Spyderlovers or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com (fyredad@hotmail.com)

Right now I'm out of the RT Sway Bars but I have the RS, GS, RS-S Sway Bars in stock.

I hope to be shipping RT Sway Bars again sometime next week. If you want to get on the notification list PM me with your email address or email me and I will send you an email as soon as the RT bars are back in stock.

Thank you everyone for making these bars such a hot item!

Harley
02-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Took about a 30 mile ride, some mild twisties, and very satisfied with the sway bar. Feels like a different bike, solid around curves. Anxious to get the little woman on with me to see the difference, but she is strictly a warm-weather rider. I guess the next purchases will be two thermao suits from Ron, and maybe I can convince her to venture out in temps. below 65 deg. lol. The sway bar along with the Elka shocks installed earlier, does away with any noticable sway. Pleasure rides coming up, I am sure. The signature picture is of my first Spyder. We now have a 2012 RT pearl White Limited, but I don't know how to change the photo.

Spyder_Cowgirl
02-18-2013, 12:17 PM
INSTALLED THE SWAY BAR THIS MORNING AND LOOKING FORWARD TO MY FIRST RIDE. MAYBE YET TODAY ! THANKS RON FOR A GREAT PRODUCT.

:2thumbs::):):)

I almost started another thread for this post ... but then I remembered the proliferation of "another thread" and decided to keep things simple. :D

What can I say ... OM :cus: G (sorry for the vulgarity, it's just so exciting)! I now have a few rides on the new sway bar (2012 RT Limited) and even hubby (spydercowboy on a Harley FLTHC) notices the difference. For example, coming back from a couple of PGR missions over the last few weeks we have ridden over several elevated ramps and overpasses that are nicely curved and banked (one is posted 45MPH and the other was just raised to 75MPH) ... in both cases, spydercowboy has taken them at his comfortable speed, knowing that I would fall behind because of "trust and stability" issues with the spyder. His comment over the CB, "alright, way to go woman!" as I stuck right with him. :clap:

Hands down, this has to be the best mod for the spyder on the market .... IMHO.:thumbup:

redlightron
02-18-2013, 02:17 PM
I think this has to be one of the best additions to the spyder as far as handling in the turn. Made riding even more fun but can be bad for me as I seem to want to add a little more power:yes:around the turns. Took me about 1 1/2 hrs and just remove the skid pan. Ron, this is a great product.:clap: