PDA

View Full Version : Oh Crud!

Bob Denman
02-17-2013, 12:25 PM
I think that I need some help here...
I've got a perfectly good Stebel Nautilus sitting on my office desk; waiting to get buried in the bowels of my Spyder...
Only I somehow managed to mangle the files and pictures that I collected in preparation for this surgery! :opps: :gaah:
Here's what I'm looking for:
Pictures and descriptions of how to physically bolt this noisemaker into place
Wiring diagrams: I've got a relay; I just don't know what to hook to where, and why... :opps:

Can this be mounted somewhere on the bike that doesn't require the whole frunk removal exercise? :shocked:

Thanks Guys!

acinpcola
02-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Yes you can mount it without removing the frunk. You will have to move the fog light a bit to get to the wiring on the original horn and bring it up to the air horn. My stebel works fine in this position and I did not remove the original horn. PM me if you have any questions.

Good luck

AC:spyder2:

Bob Denman
02-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Yes you can mount it without removing the frunk. You will have to move the fog light a bit to get to the wiring on the original horn and bring it up to the air horn. My stebel works fine in this position and I did not remove the original horn. PM me if you have any questions.

THAT looks like the ticket! :D It looks as if I've got to pull that black Tupperware off the left side up under the frunklid to get to that area...
Do I need to build any bracketry for up in there?
Pulling a foglight... that ought to be fun... :shocked:

Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction! :thumbup:

ornerydog7
02-17-2013, 03:33 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?32217-Mounting-a-Stebel-Nautilus-Air-Horn-on-the-RT

acinpcola
02-17-2013, 03:34 PM
THAT looks like the ticket! :D It looks as if I've got to pull that black Tupperware off the left side up under the frunklid to get to that area...
Do I need to build any bracketry for up in there?
Pulling a foglight... that ought to be fun... :shocked:

Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction! :thumbup:

Yes you will need to pull the black tupperware off, you will also need a small piece of metal for the bracket, I used a piece I had laying around in the garage. You won't need to pull the fog light all the way out just losen it enough to get a hand behind it to pull off the two wires from the horn.

AC

Bob Denman
02-17-2013, 06:07 PM
How big of a hunk of metal will I need for that bracket? :shocked:

acinpcola
02-17-2013, 10:36 PM
How big of a hunk of metal will I need for that bracket? :shocked:

IF you look at the second picture it is about 2-3 inches long and about 1 inch wide

AC

Bob Denman
02-18-2013, 09:12 AM
Got it! :thumbup:
Thanks!

GeoffCee
02-19-2013, 04:49 PM
I think that I need some help here...
I've got a perfectly good Stebel Nautilus sitting on my office desk; waiting to get buried in the bowels of my Spyder...
Only I somehow managed to mangle the files and pictures that I collected in preparation for this surgery! :opps: :gaah:
Here's what I'm looking for:
Pictures and descriptions of how to physically bolt this noisemaker into place
Wiring diagrams: I've got a relay; I just don't know what to hook to where, and why... :opps:

Can this be mounted somewhere on the bike that doesn't require the whole frunk removal exercise? :shocked:

Thanks Guys!

Look up my Stebel installation on the DIY Board, there is no frunk disturbance required and it has had good reviews. Have you lost the Stebel wiring diagram I drew up especially for you last December? No problem, you prolly had a heavy Christmas! Here's another copy, pleased to help. When you click on the .pdf file it migrates to a box at bottom left of your screen, click on the box and the .pdf file should open. There is a notice concerning a problem with the font I used. Just hit 'OK' on the notice and you're good to go, Bob.

Bob Denman
02-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Geoff,
Thanks a MILLION! That's the one thing that I lost that was bothering me the most! :yikes:
You are a lifesaver! :2thumbs: :clap::clap::clap::clap: