PDA

View Full Version : GOLDWING Reverse Trike

chris56
02-17-2013, 03:10 AM
Looks not bad ?? http://reversedtrike.nl/en/

dave01
02-17-2013, 06:13 AM
NOW, this I could ride. All the power and engine reliability of the 1800 wing, with the reverse trike stance.

ThreeWheels
02-17-2013, 07:12 AM
Well, in the past I've said that I like the reverse stance of Spyder, but the reliability of my 2010, and the recalls were such that if Honda made a reverse trike I'd be there in seconds.

Since the bugs have been worked out of my 2010, and further improvements have been made to the 2013, I've rethought that position.
At nearly twice the price of a Spyder, I think I will pass on the Honda reverse trike, and when the time comes, get an upgraded Spyder.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, my position has now flip-flopped.
Perhaps I should run for public office.

StanProff
02-17-2013, 07:56 AM
No stability system, without stability control this and Spyders would be dangerous, anti-lock breaks, traction control, Steering? this would be a bear without power steering. No Frunk, looks like it would weigh about 1200 lbs. Love it from the engine back though.

spydaman60
02-17-2013, 07:57 AM
Well, in the past I've said that I like the reverse stance of Spyder, but the reliability of my 2010, and the recalls were such that if Honda made a reverse trike I'd be there in seconds.

Since the bugs have been worked out of my 2010, and further improvements have been made to the 2013, I've rethought that position.
At nearly twice the price of a Spyder, I think I will pass on the Honda reverse trike, and when the time comes, get an upgraded Spyder.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, my position has now flip-flopped.
Perhaps I should run for public office. if you run for office you better be running fast! happy new year buddy!:thumbup:as to the Honda, nice try, but still not as good lookin as the spyder!

Desert Spyder
02-17-2013, 08:05 AM
Only 32.500,- whatever that is. 17 in rims up front. Its a monster!

Jeriatric
02-17-2013, 08:40 AM
BRP's Spyder Roadster will be #1 for a long time :firstplace:.

PrairieSpyder
02-17-2013, 08:58 AM
I like it. :thumbup: But I'm hoping by the time I'm ready to trade in my RTS, Spyder will be available with a larger engine. That's what I'll go for.

Bob Denman
02-17-2013, 10:11 AM
That looks VERY promising! :thumbup:

dave01
02-17-2013, 10:18 AM
That looks VERY promising! :thumbup:

Just what I was looking for. No NANNY to tell me how to ride, no traction crap to keep me from having fun, and you gotta RIDE it without the power assist steering. I would call it a Huligans ride.....LOL
Plus 1800 CC of pure 6 cyl power and torque

Tin Man
02-17-2013, 10:44 AM
This is a reverse trike that Tilting Motor Works builds. This trike leans like a regular motorcycle, which is a great alternative and option for aging riders. I do believe BRP had this in development but decided to go with the existing non-leaning design to appeal to a lager market of new riders. From what i read,this kit is only being installed on Harley Davidson bikes at present. There is supposed to be a kit for Gold Wings and other manufactures in the future.

Tin Man
02-17-2013, 10:53 AM
I believe this is an older video of the tilting motor works kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hj6MhkuRijw

Lamonster
02-17-2013, 11:27 AM
I like the idea of the Gold Wing power and reliability but the front looks too much like a prototype to me, needs a little work to be what I would consider production quality. I would love to ride one if it didn't pitch me off the side like a lawn dart in the turns the way I ride the Spyder now.
:doorag:

prmurat
02-17-2013, 11:36 AM
Finally the beginning of an alternative... With a real engine!!

Jeriatric
02-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Finally the beginning of an alternative... With a real engine!!

With some internal mods BRP could have this twin producing a hundred and fifty horsepower. The question is......will they?

Chupaca
02-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Will not be the last.. With spyders becoming popular others will jump into the market. It is a good looking unit but now they will have to go through the learning process. I think the spyders will remain the sports car of the industry..:thumbup:

Tin Man
02-17-2013, 12:19 PM
It looks like the company making and installing these kits in in the Netherlands. I think if they where in the US they would have a real good market. The performance and reliability of the Honda Gold Wing in a reverse trike....:yes:

chris56
02-17-2013, 12:23 PM
the price for this 2003 !! Wing is 32.000 Euros around 40.000 dollars
( the Future of the old Goldwings ??)
http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/motoren/quads-en-trikes/m603898733-goldwing-gl1800-reverse-trike.html

Lamonster
02-17-2013, 12:36 PM
The Spyder is still the only purpose built reverse trike, all other are a 3 wheeler kit. Pick the bike you like and you can find a trike kit for it. I'm sure in time the same thing will be so for reverse trikes as the Spyder becomes more popular. The Spyder is still a bargain when compared to all the bike and kits out there.

dave01
02-17-2013, 12:53 PM
I would love to ride one if it didn't pitch me off the side like a lawn dart in the turns the way I ride the Spyder now.
:doorag:

Lamont, I can just picture this. Bike turns right, rider goes left..............I wish I could draw a cartoon........

bruiser
02-17-2013, 12:55 PM
I don't like the front end either. Looks like something someone just threw together. I do like the larger wheels and tires. It looks to much like a kit if you understand what I'm saying.

Lamont, it doesn't come with a five point harness system :roflblack:

Tin Man
02-17-2013, 12:55 PM
That's a different nose on that one compared to the 1st one you posted.

ARtraveler
02-17-2013, 04:44 PM
chris56: Thanks for posting the information.

A lot of people have been looking for something like this. I personally like the concept, but its obvious that this is the "starting point".

Needs work, and tweeks. If Honda would come up with a factory version, with all the good stuff we like on our :spyder2:,s--I am guessing a lot of people would be looking at the new product.

The Honda reliability, and that bigger, quieter engine would all be positive things.

For right now: :bbq::bbq::bbq:

StanProff
02-17-2013, 04:53 PM
If they'd only put some big tires on that thing they'd have something.:joke:

StanProff
02-17-2013, 05:05 PM
The Spyder is still the only purpose built reverse trike, all other are a 3 wheeler kit. Pick the bike you like and you can find a trike kit for it. I'm sure in time the same thing will be so for reverse trikes as the Spyder becomes more popular. The Spyder is still a bargain when compared to all the bike and kits out there.

I agree, this is why I didn't go for a Trike conversion and instead got the Spyder. The Spyder was Engineered from the front to the back to be what it is. It is not a kit stuck onto a street bike. I believe in the Engineering and the resulting safety we have with the operation of the Spyder. I know a few complain about the Nanny, well, the Nanny has kept me out of trouble and I was glad it was there. I can't imagine something with 100 to 150 H.P. and no stability system. We would see, without a doubt, people getting killed or seriously injured as a result. Let's face it, for whatever reason, many of us sometimes ride on the "edge". Without Nanny along for the ride where would we be? For what we get, as Lamont says, the spyder is a bargin.:clap:

ThreeWheels
02-17-2013, 08:39 PM
if you run for office you better be running fast! happy new year buddy!:thumbup:as to the Honda, nice try, but still not as good lookin as the spyder!

Happy New Year to you and Carol also.
I'm planning on SITA this year also. We should get together there.

As to running for office, nothing would please me more than to get caught in a sex scandal.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-19-2013, 01:43 AM
I think this is old news.....I read about an engineer in Kentucky who did this about 6 years ago.....also did it in a 4 wheel version.....There are even some old Threads here on this.....Mike :thumbup:

Ga Blue Knight
02-19-2013, 06:10 AM
In any case I welcome all of the trike conversions out there for a few reasons.
1) It means more motorcycles and riders on the road which equals more car awareness
2) BRP will have a larger customer base to draw from as new trike owners realize that their heavy overpriced inadequate trikes are not Spyders!
3) BRP will have to step up to the plate and compete with better and more innovative products for us.

its all good and a win win situation!

shrubs
02-19-2013, 06:31 AM
The Spyder is still a bargain when compared to all the bike and kits out there.

Absolutely agree!

eddieshep999
02-19-2013, 06:33 AM
I Like the idea of the bigger engine, Although the Can-Am Spyder was designed as a reverse trike and not an after-market add on

I think the Spyder has more safety features built in and I like the auto transmission which the Goldwing doesn’t have

They do look nice but also a lot bigger so not sure if all that weight would slow it down anyway

Thanks for posting pictures anyway

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-19-2013, 10:03 AM
I Like the idea of the bigger engine, Although the Can-Am Spyder was designed as a reverse trike and not an after-market add on

I think the Spyder has more safety features built in and I like the auto transmission which the Goldwing doesn’t have

They do look nice but also a lot bigger so not sure if all that weight would slow it down anyway

Thanks for posting pictures anyway Eddie you are kidding Right .......1800 cc & 6 cylinders ...I don't think so and it could probably tow your car.....Just sayin..Mike...:thumbup:

daveinva
02-19-2013, 10:53 AM
I'm just curious how that beast even steers. Those huge wheels, *without* power steering? :yikes:

otter28169
02-19-2013, 11:16 AM
eventually some company is going to come up with something to compete with the spyder. That is the nature of business. If Honda wants to, they can be very competitive in the market. Good designs do not manifest themselves overnight, and they may be looking for a way to make a better model. Kits like these allow for a little real world data to sneak into the mix, and I am sure that Honda, and BRP are watching.

Bob Denman
02-19-2013, 11:28 AM
:agree: Honda won't jump quickly though. :shocked: They like to take a "wait and see" approach first...

dave01
02-19-2013, 11:42 AM
Tick tock, tick tock. The clock is running. Which company will be first?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jerpinoy
02-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Big wide tires in front will be nice. I love to have the G L. Perhaps BRP can make some MOD on belt problems by changing it to shaft drive.:f_spider:

jerpinoy
02-19-2013, 05:12 PM
I believe this is an older video of the tilting motor works kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hj6MhkuRijw

I met this guy last year in Anacortes, WA. during the annual Oyster run 2012. The kit will cost over $10 G.