PDA

View Full Version : My first error code, Seat switch.

Osros
02-17-2013, 12:44 AM
Ok I got my first error code on my STS only 24 hrs out of dealer, the fun begins.

I got a " Passenger seat switch defective " error code with corresponding VSS indicator light. It went away after a shut down and restart but only let it restart for a couple of minutes. I got a feeling it will be back again.

I have searched here and found others with the same problem and suggestions but no real follow up if and how it was fixed or not.

Has any had this and know the cause and fix for it? I will take it back to dealer anyway to get my heated grips installed just wondering if their is a simple thing I can do now.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Arr MiHardies
02-17-2013, 12:48 AM
Lift up your seat. you wil see a cable running from it connecting it to the machine. make sure it is plugged in securely.

Chupaca
02-17-2013, 12:53 AM
:agree: disconnect and re-connect check that cable was not pinched or damaged. :thumbup:

MouthPiece
02-17-2013, 07:25 AM
When I had my corbin seat installed on my 2010 RT-S, they didn't either hook up the connector or they some how installed the sensor upside down. Bottom line is that it messed things up. It was an easy fix.

Chris

Captain Fin
02-17-2013, 07:44 AM
My first error code was 30 miles from the dealer. I had my foot lightly on the brake while under way. Stopped and took the key out and all was well.

Bob Denman
02-17-2013, 09:48 AM
They must have not hooked up the passenger ejector seat! :gaah:
Seriously; Pop the seat, and make sure that the wiring that hooks up into it toward the rear is securely plugged-in! :thumbup:

Highwayman2013
02-17-2013, 12:10 PM
My first "problem" was on the way home from the dealer after purchasing my spyder. Orange screen with BRAKE FAILURE! Since I had stopped OK I continued on home seeing this screen a few more times. When I looked for answers on this site, the advise was to check the brake fluid. After adding what seemed like a very small amount of fluid no more problem. Sure is scary though two blocks into first ride.

Osros
02-18-2013, 07:17 AM
Took a look did not see any damage. I took off connector and reinserted heard the click but same issue comes up. Does not seem to effect anything I can see, took a 300 mile round trip all else seems well.. Annoying

Bob Denman
02-18-2013, 08:50 AM
:shocked: This is definitely a "Call, and see your dealer" episode. :shocked:
Please let us know what they find; Good Luck! :thumbup:

NancysToy
02-18-2013, 08:53 AM
See your dealer, the switch is probably defective. Sorry for the hiccup.

Osros
02-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Most definitely will be taking it in this week already getting close to my 600 mile check.

Thanks

ARtraveler
02-18-2013, 03:38 PM
More good reasons above as to why the dealer should take the :spyder2: out for a good test drive to make sure that it was prepped properly and that none of the annoying lights and warnings pop up on the ride home.

The :ani29: is to technical of a machine to just give it a cursory look and send it down the road. I believe a lot of "glitch" issues would be solved, if a good test ride were part of the procedure in every delivery instance.

In the absence of a good test drive by the dealer, I also recommend the new owner put on 20-50 miles in a radius of about five miles of the dealer. If something "pops up", then the dealer gets it back right away.

Osros
02-19-2013, 10:09 PM
More good reasons above as to why the dealer should take the :spyder2: out for a good test drive to make sure that it was prepped properly and that none of the annoying lights and warnings pop up on the ride home.

The :ani29: is to technical of a machine to just give it a cursory look and send it down the road. I believe a lot of "glitch" issues would be solved, if a good test ride were part of the procedure in every delivery instance.

In the absence of a good test drive by the dealer, I also recommend the new owner put on 20-50 miles in a radius of about five miles of the dealer. If something "pops up", then the dealer gets it back right away.

Agree,

My dealer put 5 mile test drive on it and I did about 10 miles before I left the area thought all seem well. But my problem showed up at about 100+ miles I should be able to make it back to dealer by Friday or so I'm close to my 600mile and will take care of that also.

Bob Denman
02-20-2013, 11:36 AM
If you see that error code pop up again; note when it occurs, and under what circumstances. Give your dealer whatever list you end up developing.
(It couldn't hurt! :thumbup:)

Osros
02-20-2013, 01:47 PM
If you see that error code pop up again; note when it occurs, and under what circumstances. Give your dealer whatever list you end up developing.
(It couldn't hurt! :thumbup:)

Oh it shows up all the time, no special circumstances can be flat and straight, just have to wait a while after start up and maybe 10 miles or so and it will pop up again.

Osros
02-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Took it to the dealer today and they confirmed that the passenger seat switch was bad and it was replaced. Also did 600mile check all else was well. Took a nice long trip home no errors 60+ miles, so far so good happy, happy.

NancysToy
02-23-2013, 06:42 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Now you can let you passenger know that the ejector seat has been fixed! :shocked: :thumbup: :roflblack:

Kungfuspyder
02-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Now you can let you passenger know that the ejector seat has been fixed! :shocked: :thumbup: :roflblack:

Only Bob!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::agree:

Bob Denman
02-24-2013, 09:09 AM
It's what I do bestest... ;)