PDA

View Full Version : bougtht a decal- not sure where to put it---

Elembytes
02-16-2013, 11:12 AM
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Funny-Spyder-Motorcycle-Trike-Warning-Decal-Sticker-/19/%21Bvtb%28WgCGk%7E$%28KGrHqF,%21iMEv1+0%21lutBMFpq LEH1g%7E%7E_12.JPG

I bought two of these decals---thinking originally that it might deter some people from climbing on our Spyder when we are like at a restaurant and all.

Originally i had thought of putting it on the safety pull down card but thought if I tried to remove it someday when I sell or trade then that wouldn't be a good thing as it may tear off the BRP Safety information on that card.

So----any ideas as to whether or not this might work to deter people or where would you post it?

99% of people don't read signs anyways- but have read on this site that there are people that sit on and take pictures of the Spyder etc, In the old days people would respect other peoples property. Today- it's an all out everyman for himself or so it seems.

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas.

:D

Laila's Dad
02-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Depending on the width of the sign, maybe on the back fender or on the side panel on the left side so people would see it before they were tempted to step up on your peg. :yikes:

Chupaca
02-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Depending you would have to put it in a easily seen spot. The center cover under the bars would be good so it's seen if attempting to sit on it. You know, the photo op. Don't know how effective these are have seen them around...:thumbup:

Blue Star
02-16-2013, 12:17 PM
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Funny-Spyder-Motorcycle-Trike-Warning-Decal-Sticker-/19/%21Bvtb%28WgCGk%7E$%28KGrHqF,%21iMEv1+0%21lutBMFpq LEH1g%7E%7E_12.JPG

I bought two of these decals---thinking originally that it might deter some people from climbing on our Spyder when we are like at a restaurant and all.

Originally i had thought of putting it on the safety pull down card but thought if I tried to remove it someday when I sell or trade then that wouldn't be a good thing as it may tear off the BRP Safety information on that card.

So----any ideas as to whether or not this might work to deter people or where would you post it?

99% of people don't read signs anyways- but have read on this site that there are people that sit on and take pictures of the Spyder etc, In the old days people would respect other peoples property. Today- it's an all out everyman for himself or so it seems.

:D

I bought the same ones for my RS, and put it on my safety card. I liked it there so I could pull it down when I wanted it to be seen, and was hidden when I did not. When I sold my RS the new owner got it. I have since bought another set, and do not know where I will put mine yet either.

I would not worry about taking it off, as once you pull it off the place put the adhesive is no good (unless you use heat) for putting onto someplace else. I am guessing that is why you get two when you buy it.

If you want the ability to move the sticker from bike to bike I would put it on a of flexible piece of plastic and clip it to the handle bars of the bike so people can see it.

Motorcycledave
02-16-2013, 12:46 PM
I put mine on the top part of my back fender

Sarge707
02-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Personally "In Todays World?" I think it would provoke some wise A** punks to Mess with your Spyder?
If someone wanted too- They could disable your Spyder with a Small knife or pair of scissors by cutting any Number of wires exposed underneath and about!
I,d much rather come out of Walmart and see someone sitting on it for a picture THAN a disabled Spyder ? IMHO Only!!!

Bob Denman
02-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Put it on your pull-out card... and then leave it out so that it can be seen by passers-by when you're not on the bike! :thumbup:
Just don't show it off during trade-in time! :shocked:

spydaman60
02-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Personally "In Todays World?" I think it would provoke some wise A** punks to Mess with your Spyder?
If someone wanted too- They could disable your Spyder with a Small knife or pair of scissors by cutting any Number of wires exposed underneath and about!
I,d much rather come out of Walmart and see someone sitting on it for a picture THAN a disabled Spyder ? IMHO Only!!! nojoke i'm with you on this one. I don't think it will deter many of todays folks. maybe another spyder rider (as they all seem to be good people) but not many others!

boborgera
02-16-2013, 03:09 PM
nojoke i'm with you on this one. I don't think it will deter many of todays folks. maybe another spyder rider (as they all seem to be good people) but not many others!

:agree: If someone is going to mess with someone else's property, There going to do it sticker or not,
Why raise a red flag in front of the YA-Who's of this world.??
Just put a wet paint or wet cement sign up and see what happens. :roflblack:

Cavman
02-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Where did you get them?

ARtraveler
02-16-2013, 04:01 PM
What Bob said, if you want to post the sticker on your :spyder2:. I am not into decals, so would not for myself.

NitroCircus Spyder
02-16-2013, 04:29 PM

:D Hi, I have two spyders an RS and RT and whenever I ride either one of them, I always cover them with my half cover to avoid the temptation. I have seen people at dealerships climbing all over other peoples spyders that are parked outside waiting for service and I would go ballistic if I saw that happen to mine, so I cover it where ever I go and have piece of mind. (Even at work)! As for your sticker...I have mine on my pull down cards on both spyders and mine says Don't mess with my spyder (love them) Good luck with this not happening. It's a very rude thing to have happen and disrespectful to the owners unless people get permission to do so. :banghead:
:lecturef_smilie:

StriperKing
02-16-2013, 05:33 PM
I,d much rather come out of Walmart and see someone sitting on it for a picture THAN a disabled Spyder ? IMHO Only!!!
I agree, I think it would be like a dare for some smart ass and some would look at it like "just who do they think they are". I also would rather find someone sitting on it over doing something because they were provoked. Just my openion.

Bob Denman
02-16-2013, 06:19 PM
I think that there's an EBay vendor who has a cheap cover that can be quickly slipped on to deter the uninvited...
We had a thread going on in here about that cover... :dontknow:

boborgera
02-16-2013, 07:03 PM
The best and cheapest way to keep someone from sitting on your ride, Is to go to one of those novelty stores
and get one of those fake vomit pads' and leave it on the seat when you park.
I bet that will stop the unauthorised sitting problem. :roflblack:

You know that just might work!nojoke

Elembytes
02-16-2013, 07:07 PM
I bought the same ones for my RS, and put it on my safety card. I liked it there so I could pull it down when I wanted it to be seen, and was hidden when I did not. When I sold my RS the new owner got it. I have since bought another set, and do not know where I will put mine yet either.

I would not worry about taking it off, as once you pull it off the place put the adhesive is no good (unless you use heat) for putting onto someplace else. I am guessing that is why you get two when you buy it.

If you want the ability to move the sticker from bike to bike I would put it on a of flexible piece of plastic and clip it to the handle bars of the bike so people can see it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your thoughts and insight as well as everyone else. Some very good points and thoughts on this one. It's so sad that in today's society we have people who do not respect other peoples things. Not sure why, when I was a kid had I done something like they do today, my caboose would have been red and then some!

My big thing is when I trade my RT-S SE5- in or sell it some day having the sticker on that pull down card may be detrimental, and if I try to take it off of it think it would also remove the safety information. Then again like someone else said here, don't advertise that it is on there when I do that- they can be surprised.

Nice choice for your Spyder----we got the same model and color. Wish I could find a really good bargain on a 622 trailer and hitch system but some day--- so much I want to do and so little expendable cash these days. (Big sigh)

Take care and thank you for the feedback and ideas---nice to know others feel like I do on this subject and have similar concerns. :D

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-16-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm definately with Sarge on this one ...way too many A**holes in this world.........However a few years ago I came out of a convenience/gas station to find a guy breaking off one my American flags......Not thinking this out I came up behind him and as he turned around I slammed my Helmet in his face ....I did not notify the Police....I guess I'm not a good citizen..But nobody screws with my American Flags or Spyder.....:thumbup:....Mike

sonicsix
02-16-2013, 11:39 PM
The best deterrent is to mount an empty holster on the bike.

Captain Fin
02-17-2013, 12:28 PM
It would have to be in spanish to work here. Only a few people speak english in south Florida.

coz
02-17-2013, 12:36 PM
that is an excellent idea.

StriperKing
02-17-2013, 12:50 PM

That is a great idea! That would work. I might use this one!

Bob Denman
02-17-2013, 02:58 PM

Why does it have to be empty?? 62209

scooterexpress
02-17-2013, 03:15 PM
put the sticker right where they can see it "on the seat" as most people say people are always sitting on there head anyway. or they have there head up there a$$:roflblack:

Star Cruiser
02-17-2013, 04:04 PM
put the sticker right where they can see it "on the seat" as most people say people are always sitting on there head anyway. or they have there head up there a$$:roflblack:

That was my suggestion. I'd put it on a card of some sort with a "leash" tied to the passenger grip. I don't think they are designed to be deterrents, as much as a reminder and conversation piece