PDA

View Full Version : Comparing STS SE5 performance to RSS SE5

markmarks
02-16-2013, 10:40 AM
We currently own a 2012 RSS SE5 and we are considering trading in the RSS for the STS. I am concerned that the extra weight and the RT tuned motor will affect the performance of the STS. We really love the responsiveness of the RSS, a quick twist of the throttle and we are up to speed very quickly.

Does anyone have any real life experience with both models?

Thanks!

kubie
02-17-2013, 06:19 PM
I Had the 2012 RSS SE5 and traided it for the 2013 STS SE5. I have had some issues with the steering you can read my post ( "Does any one know of a fix yet? ST-S Steering" ) if your interested But as far as proformance, I think they are about equal I just had mine in for the 600 mile service and it runs a lot better and the throttle responce is a lot better. so to answer you question I think they are the same! or very close!

Good Riding
Kubie
:doorag:

markmarks
02-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Kubie,

Thanks for answering my question. We are anxious to test ride the 2013 STS!

Mark

Bob Denman
02-19-2013, 08:04 AM
Just an RT jockey butting in here... :opps:
My gut tells me that the weight difference isn't nearly what the spec charts are showing. It's probably more a case of BRP trying to actually list a weight that's reasonable close to what the bikes really do weigh.
The stronger low and mid-ranges of the newer motor may actually make up for less kick up on top.
Time will tell, and we shall see...

chris56
02-19-2013, 08:11 AM
would be intresting if the ST has a built in speed limit like my RT (105 mph) or like the RS (125mph) .. if someone could test that in a sunny warm land (here in Austria is winter & snow) - thanks

otter28169
02-19-2013, 08:38 AM
would be intresting if the ST has a built in speed limit like my RT (105 mph) or like the RS (125mph) .. if someone could test that in a sunny warm land (here in Austria is winter & snow) - thanks

So what you are saying is that you believe Bombardier will be ending the fun at around 115 mph on the new ST models?:yikes: