PDA

View Full Version : Video for installing bajaRon sway bar???

Flight Risk
02-16-2013, 12:44 AM
Just received my BajaRon sway bar for my 2011 RTS SE5. Is there a video showing installation?

appreciate the help

eddieshep999
02-16-2013, 02:19 AM
Not aware of a video - but BMWLARRY Has an Album in the gallery and its like a step by step guide

I used it and it was great

See also this thread from about page 10 onwards

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?43718-UPDATE-Custom-Performance-Anti-Sway-Bar-for-the-RT

Also this thread

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?48421-Sway-Bar-Install-Went-Real-Well&highlight=swaybar

Failing that just put Swaybar in the Search box but be warned this is a lot of post on this but you can never have
too much information esp from experienced owners on this forum willing to share

Chupaca
02-16-2013, 02:26 AM
I think there was a video,not up on the search feature but the instructions from Ron are clear and easy to understand. I installed mine but I have an RS. Some one will be along soon who may know..:dontknow:

gnirtsnod
02-16-2013, 07:57 AM
I think there was a video,not up on the search feature but the instructions from Ron are clear and easy to understand.

Emphasis on "CLEAR AND EAST TO UNDERSTAND". My recommendation is to safely raise the Spyder, lie on you back underneath with the instructions in hand and the new sway bar parts beside you. Visually go through the steps laid out by Ron, placing your hands on the various connections and parts of each step. If after doing this you are still concerned about some aspect of the changeout, call Ron or look up the photos/videos.

We used a rubber mallet to tap on the end of the new bar to get it centered before locking it down.62456

Flight Risk
02-21-2013, 12:34 AM
Friend of my, with very little help from me installed my new BajaRon Sway bar Tuesday. What a difference!!!!

Bob Denman
02-21-2013, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the link to those excellent pictures! :thumbup:

GeoffCee
03-01-2013, 06:35 PM
We used a rubber mallet to tap on the end of the new bar to get it centered before locking it down.

Another good tip I heard is to remove the stock bar and use it as a template to position the aluminum collars on Ron's bar. That centers the bar as an alternative to tapping it with a mallet. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
03-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Since I'm about to head into the "Dungeon of Disasters" to start "Project "Stebel/RonBar", I'm going to take a few moments for some prayers to anybody who'll listen, look over Larry's photos for the 59th time, and pull another box of Ban-Aids out of the cabinet... :shocked:
First: the bar...:thumbup:
Then we'll tackle the wiring and horn...:shocked:

Bob Denman
03-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Uh-oh...:shocked: :yikes:
The bike is in the air... :thumbup:
I pulled the plastic skidplate off the bike to allow for clarity and fighting room :thumbup:
Removed the two bottom frunkbolts... 10mm :thumbup:
13mm sockets, and wrenches seem to remove everything on the anti-swaybar...
Except! :shocked:
I just can't seem to pull the frunk out quite far enough to get the last 2 bolts off that hold the bar in place!
Any advice??? :shocked:

NancysToy
03-02-2013, 05:13 PM
I thought there were also two screws at the top you had to loosen/remove for the trunk to swing far enough.

Sarge707
03-02-2013, 05:29 PM
You Loosen the top 2 bar bolts and take off the bottom 2 bolts-Slide the old bar out-Slide new one in.
I believe there a 4 bolts holding trunk at top BUT everyone said you should not have to loosen them.
You should have the Miss,es read you the directions?:roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Thanks Sarge; I got it... but not without the usual battle and new supply of cuss-words exhausted... :shocked:

BajaRon
03-02-2013, 07:09 PM
Thanks Sarge; I got it... but not without the usual battle and new supply of cuss-words exhausted... :shocked:

If you don't remove the 2 top bolts holding the rear portion of the side Tupperware panels the Frunk will not move very much. Once you have those out everything should go smoothly.

Sometimes I take a marker of some kind and check off each step as I go so I'm sure not to miss one.

Hope that fixed your Frunk Movement issue... :ohyea:

Bob Denman
03-02-2013, 07:15 PM
There were TOP ones too?? :yikes:
Well; it turns out that they can be left in place if you don't mind a little extra cussing... ;)
It's actually not a bad project...
It took me five hours, but I have no skills, no feeling in my hands, one useless thumb, and :cus:-poor vision!
But the Missus never caught on, and it's now part of the bike! :yes::ohyea::yes::ohyea::yes::ohyea: :2thumbs:

soaring hawk
03-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Tackled the bar last nite, not bad after finished, but during the install few choice words, little push here the old one popped out. If you see on the frunk a slot on each side you can get a extension and you can get a ratchet on the top bolts, da I wish the light would have went on sooner:banghead: Once the bar is in it's a breeze. Temp of 18 and getting warmer I'm going for a ride in an hour to try the bar out, gotta do it today tomorrow 6-8" snow ruby will have to be put to bed .

Cheers from tropical Minnesota.

Bob Denman
03-03-2013, 09:52 AM
It's kind of like playing "Twister", with a 950 pound octopus... :yikes:
Once I found that I could kind of get one arm up and in from the front corner of the bike, the rest was just a matter of dropping and picking up tools and parts as needed... :roflblack: