PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering about a hitch......

lifesaver4you
02-15-2013, 08:56 PM
I have the 2012 RSS and was wondering if anyone has or know whether or not this model can have a hitch attached. I am interested in purchasing a bunkhouse but wasnt sure about the hitch.

Blue Star
02-15-2013, 09:29 PM
I have the 2012 RSS and was wondering if anyone has or know whether or not this model can have a hitch attached. I am interested in purchasing a bunkhouse but wasnt sure about the hitch.

Yes, but not a BRP hitch. On Ebay there is a seller from Canada that sell one. Good quality, and works good. I used one to tow my trailer from San Bernardino to Eureka last year. Used a powered trailer converter from Amazon.com to wire it to the trailer.6207962080 Used it mostly for my flag on PGR missions.

NancysToy
02-15-2013, 11:00 PM
BRP doesn't recommend it, but lots of people have done it. It can take the BRP hitch (although the 2013 hitch may have to be modified slightly), but the BRP hitch comes with a wiring harness that may not be able to be used...at least not without some modification and wiring in an additional electrical circuit. To wire to a 4-wire trailer you will need a 5-to-4 converter, which is included in the BRP harness or can be purchased separately if you wire your own. A 5-wire trailer can be wired directly, but it is best to use LED lighting if you don't install an isolating converter. There are also aftermarket hitches available. If you have an SE...one caution. The RS has no trailer mode, so you will have to keep the rpm up a little higher, manually downshifting earlier, and upshifting later.

Tx web rider
02-15-2013, 11:53 PM
i have this same hitch its one hell of a sturdy design thick metal heavy duty

its on a rs i have seen same one on a rt they work fine i use the same set up for my pgr flag as seen above works fantastic

i have a small box trailer and it tows like a champ wired mine myself with plug taps from tricled