PDA

View Full Version : I did it!

Osros
02-14-2013, 08:42 PM
I been lusting for a STS for a while now and I finally pulled it off. ST-S with Fog Lights and Heated Grips in Pure Mag is waiting for me at the dealer, had one in stock the deal is done!

I'm pretty excited and nervous for the 60 mile first time trip home. Dealer offering free delivery also which is nice may think about it.

Excited!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JKMSPYDER
02-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Congratulations on your new ryde!! Why not drive it home rather than having it delivered?

Stharbor99
02-14-2013, 08:51 PM
I been lusting for a STS for a while now and I finally pulled it off. ST-S with Fog Lights and Heated Grips in Pure Mag is waiting for me at the dealer, had one in stock the deal is done!

I'm pretty excited and nervous for the 60 mile first time trip home. Dealer offering free delivery also which is nice may think about it.

Excited!

wow how exciting! Congrats! The excitement doesn't end !! It happens every time you ride!

Laila's Dad
02-14-2013, 08:55 PM

Excited!

Congrats!!! What dealer did you purchase from?

MMMII
02-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Congrats!

Very interested to see pics with the fog lights.

:nopic:

Osros
02-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Congratulations on your new ryde!! Why not drive it home rather than having it delivered?

Yeah I most likely drive it home.

Osros
02-14-2013, 11:13 PM
Congrats!!! What dealer did you purchase from?

North Texas Yamaha, had a pleasant experience over all and feel good about the dealer. Will see how they do on service, hopefully will keep up.

Chupaca
02-14-2013, 11:33 PM
:congrats: so what are you waiting for..?? Go get it and ryde it home. 60 miles is a hop skip and a jump away. Enjoy...:thumbup: take the long road...:roflblack:

SpyderBuzz
02-15-2013, 01:08 AM
Congrats, I pick my circuit yellow version of the STS tomorrow at 4pm PT ... I'm like a kid at Christmas!!!!! Ryde it home ... It's why you bought it in the first place... Enjoy!

Captain Fin
02-15-2013, 06:25 AM
Wow! I was just thinking this morning about the day I picked my spyder up. It felt like Christmas morning at six years old.

spydermyke990
02-15-2013, 07:24 AM
:congrats: i'm still waiting on mine, would be nice if brp would've shipped out the sm5's aloing with the se5's.

Spyder Smyles
02-15-2013, 07:29 AM
:congrats:on your new ryde. I purchased my first Spyder a 2013 RT-S in December and choose to drive it 55 miles to home. I was nervous and excited and very glad I did even when it started to snow. :dg2: Enjoy the Ryde!

wildtexasrangr
02-15-2013, 07:44 AM
:2thumbs::congrats::congrats::2thumbs: on the new ride !!!!!!!!!

Bob Denman
02-15-2013, 07:46 AM
Yeah I most likely drive it home.
:2thumbs: Where's the fun in letting somebody else have the first dance iwth her? ;)

weapon
02-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Congrat's
That is the same as I ordered. :ohyea:Nice choice.
How about sone pictures of that first ride!!!

ARtraveler
02-15-2013, 02:18 PM
:congrats: on your new ryde. I would also recommend driving the new baby home rather than having it delivered.

I also suggest putting the first 20-50 miles on it within a five mile or so radius of the dealer. Just to double check the set up and make sure it is driving to your satisfaction before heading for the open road and home.

Extra time and miles--but good insurance IMO.

Some people have run into glitches with pick up and ride home.

LindaG
02-15-2013, 02:24 PM
:congrats: I will check out their web sight. I am looking for a RS-S

Osros
02-16-2013, 04:48 AM
Took it home yesterday, very nice! had a few experiences all at the same time on my first ride, high winds, chilly, and traffic. They did not have the heated grips in stock so elected to come back for it.

All went well there is one noise I have to identify if it was the wind or something will check later so far a solid ride and very responsive. This is my first Spyder so have nothing to compare it to.

Took some pics hope it works here.

MMMII
02-16-2013, 03:31 PM
Now I have to get the fog lights!

ARtraveler
02-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Nice pictures. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-16-2013, 05:59 PM
She's a Beauty!! :2thumbs:
So how's your "Farkling Wish-List" starting to look? :shocked:

Osros
02-17-2013, 12:55 AM
She's a Beauty!! :2thumbs:
So how's your "Farkling Wish-List" starting to look? :shocked:

Not sure yet , I have three in mind I'm sure will add more later what comes to mind is

iPhone mount for GPS Use.
Stripes or some kind of wrap add some color.
LED lights

Bob Denman
02-17-2013, 10:21 AM
:2thumbs:
Just remember:
The only know cures for farkleosis are:
Bankruptcy
Death at the hands of an enraged spouse

The jury is still out on what form my final outcome will present itself... :shocked: :roflblack:

weapon
02-19-2013, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the pic's
Looks great :ohyea:

Have fun. Be safe.