PDA

View Full Version : WOW What Happened

Bytemi
02-14-2013, 02:31 PM
WOW I contacted Coleman Powersports about the gas cap recall (sorry ThreeWheels the gas cap threads are uneven again) and the new gentelman, Darwin, was actually helpful. No attitude no problems, he just wanted to help me. After my previous experieinces with Colemans and all the complaining and b&tching I have done about them I thought I should give credit where credit is due. Not only did he help me with the recall information but he told me that BRP had the wrong owner of my Spyder and he has updated the records so I will get the mailing in the future. This really is an amazing difference, I don't know what changed but I approve!

Bob Denman
02-14-2013, 02:41 PM
:congrats: Let's hope that this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship...

Bytemi
02-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Darwin just called me back and told me there is a second recall that I missing too. He didn't give me the specifics but he asked that I drop Billie on Saturday so they can make sure she is up to date and fix. Really, WHAT Happened! I am truely amazed!

Bob Denman
02-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Could that be the deal with the emission canisters in the GS/RS models? :dontknow:

BajaRon
02-14-2013, 02:56 PM
So, sounds like change is blowing in the wind! That's great! Now you may have a dealer you can recommend. Good business is just... well, good business!

Bytemi
02-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Could that be the deal with the emission canisters in the GS/RS models? :dontknow:

Probably. At least I am gving her up during the snow months so I don't miss my riding time. :D

ARtraveler
02-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Keep us posted. Glad to hear your dealer is stepping up to customer service. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Probably. At least I am gving her up during the snow months so I don't miss my riding time. :D
That's the only way to fly! :ohyea::ohyea: :2thumbs:

BikerDoc
02-14-2013, 04:05 PM
I think the aggregate dealer network is improving as more dealers take the Spyder seriously as a moneymaker in their product line, It has sure come a long way in the past few years

daveinva
02-14-2013, 04:51 PM
I know I'm always the stalking horse to Bytemi's Coleman threads, but hey, I feel compelled to add that *my* experience with the Falls Church (vice the Woodbridge) guys has always been first rate.

Yeah, they're a bit soulless and pricey-- comes with the monopoly, I guess-- but overall, I've always been pleased with my service there.

Maybe I just have lower standards? (Shhh, don't tell my GF... :joke:)

Bytemi
02-15-2013, 07:34 AM
I know I'm always the stalking horse to Bytemi's Coleman threads, but hey, I feel compelled to add that *my* experience with the Falls Church (vice the Woodbridge) guys has always been first rate.

Yeah, they're a bit soulless and pricey-- comes with the monopoly, I guess-- but overall, I've always been pleased with my service there.

Maybe I just have lower standards? (Shhh, don't tell my GF... :joke:)

I am not so sure you an limit the stalking to Coleman threads! Remember when the Spyder went up for sale in Monclair! LOL

daveinva
02-15-2013, 12:38 PM
I am not so sure you an limit the stalking to Coleman threads! Remember when the Spyder went up for sale in Monclair! LOL

Pssst... get your Chinese knock-off Spyders here... real cheap.

;)

Bytemi
02-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Pssst... get your Chinese knock-off Spyders here... real cheap.

;)

Man you are stalking me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should I be worried????:opps:

DR Buck
02-15-2013, 07:07 PM
I've had good service with Coleman in Fredericksburg. Although I don't need any service, I need to get down before May and get my new oil change panels before the 'free' expires. I'm still 2500 miles shy of a needed oil change and am not riding this time of year. I need a state safety inspection before the end of April. I guess I could just drop in and ask for it since they didn't have any when I had my oil changed and had the coupon with me last fall.

Chupaca
02-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Hope the change is a lasting on. Maybe they got called on the service they were giving...:clap: