PDA

View Full Version : painting my Spyder

navy23
02-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Do I need special paint for my Spyder? or can a paint shop paint it with no issues?

Bob Denman
02-14-2013, 10:04 AM
The only thing that I know about paint, is that I get more on me than the intended target... :opps:
But I would guess that any paint shop worth anything, is capable of figuring out what is best to use and how to use it. :thumbup:
What have you got planned?

bluestratos
02-14-2013, 10:19 AM
The brp paint uses water based paint and only certain shops have the equipment depen depending on your area. I believe they can shoot other types of paint though they can tell you best.

Bytemi
02-14-2013, 10:23 AM
I painted my Spyder with Truck Bed Liner, it looks awesome and everyone here thought I was insane! Regular paint scares me, it is less forgiving.

NancysToy
02-14-2013, 11:12 AM
You will need a painter who is familiar with the needs of painting plastic and fiberglass parts. Sometimes special techniques and additives are needed to prevent cracking when the plastic flexes or expands/contracts. This is no place for a beginner...at least not if you want long-lasting results. Ask how much work your painter has done on plastics...and ask to see some samples and get some references.