PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Air Cushion or Airhawk

deerslayer
02-13-2013, 04:08 PM
I am Interested in one of these, Like to Know your Opinions.
thx
gus:)

bcoulter19
02-13-2013, 04:13 PM
I am wondering this also. I am currnetly looking at the Airhawk R

ARtraveler
02-13-2013, 04:18 PM
One vote here for Airhawk. I have and use the original version, and pull it out when I have back or hip issues going on.

I have not tried the "new & improved" Airhawk R--but it looks like an upgrade.

You have to play with the Airhawk to get the proper inflation for comfort. You are supposed to sit "in" it rather than "on" it. The cushion has saved my riding day a few times now.

Also, have not tried and am not familiar with the other brand.

rnet
02-13-2013, 05:46 PM
I have both the R and the Med and I prefer the Med, have not tried the other brand.

Cruzr Joe
02-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Airhawk R here, brother in law and I both have them, they are great

Cruzr Joe

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker

bmwlarry
02-13-2013, 06:17 PM
I use the original and my wife uses the R model. I rode a 10,000 coast to coast last year with the longest day being 970 miles and couldn't have done it without Airhawk!

Bob Denman
02-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Has anybody done any digging for "hemorrhoid cushions"? :shocked:
I wonder if something like this would be a viable option?
http://www.healthproductsforyou.com/p-22466-fla-orthopedics-postura-donut-cushion-with-cover.html?gclid=CP-_j721tLUCFYWo4AodkWwAeA

And I'm trying like the dickens, to not laugh as Im posting this... nojoke

kyspyder
02-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Another vote here for the AirHawk. You will have to add/and/or subtract air until you find your "sweet" spot but once you have it is very very comfortable.

KYSPYDER

Cal777
02-13-2013, 06:25 PM
I was in a wreck about 20 years ago that crushed my hip and was in traction for 6 weeks. Since I started riding Spyders about 3 years ago, my hip starts bothering me after about an hour and I try to stop for a break. I have a Corbin seat and have tried beads and also sheepskin on foam. They all improve the ride, but gf brought me an Airhawk R for Christmas and it has helped so much that I am good for about 2 hours now. I would recomend it to anyone.
Rudy

pickelhead
02-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Where can you buy the Air :dontknow:Hawk at?

mrfats
02-13-2013, 06:45 PM
Has anybody done any digging for "hemorrhoid cushions"? :shocked:
I wonder if something like this would be a viable option?
http://www.healthproductsforyou.com/p-22466-fla-orthopedics-postura-donut-cushion-with-cover.html?gclid=CP-_j721tLUCFYWo4AodkWwAeA

And I'm trying like the dickens, to not laugh as Im posting this... nojoke

I'm trying for the life of me to think what would Bob say if I posted something like this...I can't come up with a single comment! :bdh:

Tx web rider
02-13-2013, 06:58 PM
http://www.airhawk.net/airhawk-products.aspx

ARtraveler
02-13-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: Where to buy. Most motorcycle goods suppliers sell them and you can also purchase them directly from Airhawk. I recommend shopping around a little, the prices and the shipping do vary from one place to another.

summerdawn
02-13-2013, 07:26 PM
I have had an Airhawk pad for about 5 years and it is still going strong. It works very well.

SPYD3R
02-13-2013, 08:09 PM
as for an RS SEAT, can anyone recommend the proper size AIRHAWK...? :pray:
i'm scheduled for a 3 week, 5000 mile loop from Greenville, SC to the west coast, north on PCH picking up Rt. 50 and heading east to S. Dakota and back home, and a recommendation on a nice comfortable seat would be greatly appreciated...
thx in advance...

BuddaBelly
02-13-2013, 08:26 PM
I bought an Airhawk R 2 weeks ago. Meow. Was worth every penny. No more sore jewels. Very comfortable ride.

I am Interested in one of these, Like to Know your Opinions.
thx
gus:)

NancysToy
02-13-2013, 09:06 PM
i'm scheduled for a 3 week, 5000 mile loop from Greenville, SC to the west coast, north on PCH picking up Rt. 50 and heading east to S. Dakota and back home, and a recommendation on a nice comfortable seat would be greatly appreciated...
thx in advance...

Medium Cruiser should do it for either Spyder model for the rider. If in doubt, measure your seat and match to the measurements given online for the product.

pickelhead
02-13-2013, 09:19 PM
The best deal I found was at the following: https://www.rlmotorcycles.com

mrfats
02-13-2013, 09:46 PM
The best deal I found was at the following: https://www.rlmotorcycles.com

The Bikers Store has the Airhawk R for $139 + $3.50 shipping.

Iamjoey
02-13-2013, 10:26 PM
Before you order check this web site out ( airhawkseatcushions.net ).This site you can compare and find out they work. Airhawk is a neoprene rubber and Airhawk 2 is aployurethane. Don't know about the Airhawk R. But should Be able to find out on the web site. Hope this help you buy the one that works best for you.

Heliplt
02-14-2013, 01:21 AM
love the Air Hawk
Ebay has good deals on a set of two

SpyRyd
02-14-2013, 04:24 AM
The Bikers Store has the Airhawk R for $139 + $3.50 shipping.

The $3.50 shipping applies to orders weighing 13 ounces or less. Shipping on my order to VA was over $15...went to eBay and purchased the Airhawk R for $146.50 w/ free shipping.

deerslayer
02-14-2013, 07:47 AM
Well looks like most like the Airhawk. Was hoping for someone with the Freedom, The freedom has 2 air valves an
I thought this might add a extra . I too have hip issues an thought u could finetune the cushion. Try 3 different seats.
And have the Daylong now,didnot help alot, still my hip gives up after 2hours.:banghead:

Thanks again.
gus

NancysToy
02-14-2013, 08:15 AM
Well looks like most like the Airhawk. Was hoping for someone with the Freedom, The freedom has 2 air valves an
I thought this might add a extra . I too have hip issues an thought u could finetune the cushion. Try 3 different seats.
And have the Daylong now,didnot help alot, still my hip gives up after 2hours.:banghead:

Thanks again.
gus
To be perfectly honest, I doubt that any cushion is going to help if the custom seats, especially the Day-Long, didn't. Yours sounds more like a problem of positioning rather than a fit or firmness issue. Have you discussed your situation with Rick Mayer? He builds custom seats, but has a medical background, and may be able to shed light on what your difficulties are. Also, have you tried a backrest to hold you in position better?

scooterexpress
02-14-2013, 08:47 AM
airhawk best 200 bucks spent.:thumbup:

Bob Denman
02-14-2013, 08:52 AM
I'm trying for the life of me to think what would Bob say if I posted something like this...I can't come up with a single comment! :bdh:

I think that you, me, and Sparks are gonna have a blast in Ozark! :roflblack:

sealfloorboards
02-14-2013, 08:54 AM
I use a Med. Cruiser AirHawk and a Utopia back rest. For me it's a great combination. Two more mods to help me.........

Ride in comfort,
John
Seal Floorboards

Jharpo
02-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Where can you buy the Air :dontknow:Hawk at?
Sent email

Jharpo
02-14-2013, 09:57 AM
thx in advance...
I have the AirHawk R. It is medium on my RS (Corbin Seat) and the same size on the RT stock seat. Both fit perfectly!

ARtraveler
02-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Deerslayer: A bit more on the positioning as suggested by Scotty.

I also have various "pains of the day" issues.

My seat is a Corbin with backrest.

I have the Seal Deluxe floorboards. They are extended compared to the Pups, and give me a lot of places to move my feet to.

I have a raised brake pedal with the extended pedal surface.

Also carry a sheepskin/gel pad and an Airhawk cushion.

I am 5'5" and current weigh in at 190#.

I can start most days with just the seat and backrest. I then add one or two of the seat pads as the ride and the day progresses. Between the extra pads, I can adjust my position to where I can ride comfortable. The good part--the :spyder2: is a great riding platform and allows me to continue to ride safely and most of the time--comfortably.

Keep us posted and let us know how you get your comfort problem solved.

scooterexpress
02-14-2013, 03:28 PM
well Deerslayer looks like the airhawk is the winner just make sure you buy the 200$ one i heard from others about how cheap the other ones were made so it pays to get the best they offer up front rather then spend more later.

Michael82009
03-27-2016, 10:26 AM
One vote here for Airhawk. I have and use the original version, and pull it out when I have back or hip issues going on.

I have not tried the "new & improved" Airhawk R--but it looks like an upgrade.

You have to play with the Airhawk to get the proper inflation for comfort. You are supposed to sit "in" it rather than "on" it. The cushion has saved my riding day a few times now.

Also, have not tried and am not familiar with the other brand.

Which airhawk R best fits the 2014 rt seat? One is slightly larger and the other is smaller. 14x11.5 would be perfect

Michael82009
03-27-2016, 10:27 AM
I think that you, me, and Sparks are gonna have a blast in Ozark! :roflblack:

How do you inflate airhawks?

Cruzr Joe
03-27-2016, 10:35 AM
Which airhawk R best fits the 2014 rt seat? One is slightly larger and the other is smaller. 14x11.5 would be perfect

How do you inflate airhawks?

Airhawk "R" get the cruiser size, you blow it up like a small balloon, and then you sit on it and slowly let the air out through a valve until you are sitting "IN" it not "ON" it.

Cruzr Joe

JKMSPYDER
03-27-2016, 11:19 AM
I would never want to be without my Airhawk R cushion. Very comfortable for long rides!

Rockwall
03-27-2016, 11:59 AM
thx in advance...
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=61957&stc=1

I have a RS and have used an Airhawk for two years. I upgraded to a custom seat last year so I no longer need it. It is in perfect condition and I'll sell it to you or any other member for $40 including shipping. First one claim it owns it.

robmorg
03-27-2016, 12:01 PM
The Bikers Store has the Airhawk R for $139 + $3.50 shipping.$129.65 & Free Shipping at Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Airhawk-FA-CRUISER-R-Cruiser-R-Large/dp/B013RGDGQ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459097683&sr=8-1&keywords=airhawk+r).

The Airhawk R was a tremendous help to me. I used it all the time until recently when I put one of Motorcycle Dave's ComforMax-GEL (http://www.motorcycledave.com/custom-seats-heaters/instructions-for-motorcycle-daves-conformax-gel-foam-seat-kit/) medical grade gel inserts inside my seat. Now I leave the Airhawk at home. You may be able to put one of these in your RDL seat for even more comfort.