PDA

View Full Version : SPYDER RE-CALLS ??????????

SPYDERGUY1
02-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Received a notice recently about the e-vap canister needs to be done, dealer did not have parts ( no worry 4 foot of snow ) not going anywhere, then today received a new fuel cap in the mail ?? Thought this was only for the newer models, not a 2008 SM5, guess I will take it for free, but have not seen anything about the earlier models re-call for the fuel cap. Any thoughts?:shocked:

Chupaca
02-12-2013, 11:47 PM
There are _____ threads and posts about caps and canisters. If brp sent these recalls to you it is because your spyder is in with the rest of us. I think the most resent ones are from Canada as the caps seem to be mailed out in some sort of zone by zone. Hope the snow lets you out soon and you can join the new gas cap crew:roflblack:

SPYDERGUY1
02-12-2013, 11:58 PM
Thank's for the riding good wishes, unfortunately, not gunna happen for a couple of months yet, maybe by the May long weekend ( damn that is still so far away ), do not even have an upgrades or stuff to do, did it all last year before my Oregon/ washington trip............. DAMN:banghead:

NancysToy
02-13-2013, 08:57 AM
The gas cap recall (replacement) applies to all 2008-2012 Spyders. Do it, it is for your safety.

SPYDERGUY1
02-13-2013, 08:31 PM
Yes no worries Scottie, all about safety, just did not hear/see anything about all models being covered. Now I know. Thank you once again, and if I ever am able to get out and ryde again, will get the e-vap recall done as well. Still snowed in for at least a couple more month's.

SPYDERGUY1
02-13-2013, 08:32 PM
HUMBLE APPOLGY< SORRY SPELLED YOUR NAME INCORRECTLY:bowdown: