PDA

View Full Version : NOS

daddydarko
04-08-2008, 06:33 AM
Has anyone added a NOS or similar system to the Spyder yet? I'd love to see the setup if someone has already done this.

-DD

Lamonster
04-08-2008, 07:39 AM
I've thought about doing a wet shot on the Spyder seeing we have no adjustment in the fuel processor but talking with Ken he seems to think the clutch may be the weak link on that. I may do a progressive 30hp shot to see how she likes it but that is a few projects down the road. :doorag:

matusky
04-09-2008, 11:12 PM
I'd definitely love to see pics of any performance enhancements that anyone has done to the spyder....................

Anyone?

matusky
04-11-2008, 12:09 AM
200hp...... now you're talking my style!

All that with a badass exhaust...... yeah baby! :bigthumbsup:

Lamonster
04-11-2008, 05:59 AM
We could have 500hp but until there's a work around the VSS we'll never be able to use it. ::)

trikester
04-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Good grief!!! ::)

FC

Director
04-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Has anyone added a NOS or similar system to the Spyder yet? I'd love to see the setup if someone has already done this.

-DD

Not sure how other jurisdictions view NOS on street machines, but in my home province of Ontario, this is what the Highway Traffic Act says:

172.1 (1) No person shall drive or permit to be driven on a highway a motor vehicle manufactured or modified after its manufacture such that nitrous oxide may be delivered into the fuel mixture unless,
(a) the part of the fuel system that may connect to a canister, bottle, tank or pressure vessel capable of containing nitrous oxide can be clearly seen by looking at the interior or exterior of the motor vehicle;
(b) there is no canister, bottle, tank or pressure vessel connected to that part; and
(c) if the part of the fuel system that may connect to a canister, bottle, tank or pressure vessel capable of containing nitrous oxide is located inside the passenger compartment, there is no canister, bottle, tank or pressure vessel capable of containing nitrous oxide in the passenger compartment.
Same
(2) No person shall drive or permit to be driven on a highway a motor vehicle manufactured or modified after its manufacture such that nitrous oxide may be delivered into the fuel mixture unless,
(a) the part of the fuel system that may connect to a canister, bottle, tank or pressure vessel capable of containing nitrous oxide is completely disconnected from the part of the system that connects to the engine;
(b) the disconnection can be clearly seen by looking at the interior or exterior of the motor vehicle; and
(c) the disconnected parts cannot be reconnected from inside the passenger compartment.
Offence
(3) Every person who contravenes subsection (1) or (2) is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not less than $500 and not more than $2,000 or to imprisonment for a term of not more than six months, or to both.

Nasty penalties - minimum fine of $500! If you do have a nitrous system, make sure it is disconnected before going on the road here. :cop:

Bruce

tweeder
03-27-2009, 04:30 PM
I've thought about doing a wet shot on the Spyder seeing we have no adjustment in the fuel processor but talking with Ken he seems to think the clutch may be the weak link on that. I may do a progressive 30hp shot to see how she likes it but that is a few projects down the road. :doorag:

How about now with the 2brothers juice box? Is that enough fuel adjustment?

AMTJIM
03-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Alright...Evo has a turbine cycle, looks like it's in an F-86 scheme.

AMTJIM
03-27-2009, 09:20 PM
how about high compression pistons (both 97mm & 100mm bore), high lift cams, adjustable cam gears, stage one head porting, fuel control module, etc.? we are also builing a six speed version of this engine for a new "super sport" version we are working on. and if that isn't enough, we could build a supercharged version of this rotax 990 that has made well over 200 rwhp in an aprilia mille!

http://www.evoluzione.net/web%20info/spyder_piston_b.jpg
Got a smaller rear pulley and matching belt by any chance?

GaryTheBadger
03-28-2009, 11:11 AM
I agree with AMTJIM, I would definately buy a smaller rear driven pulley and matching belt! Simple bolt-on for those of us mechanically inclined. Would it mess up the VSS electronics? Would it void the warranty?

Firefly
03-28-2009, 11:52 AM
how about high compression pistons (both 97mm & 100mm bore), high lift cams, adjustable cam gears, stage one head porting, fuel control module, etc.? we are also builing a six speed version of this engine for a new "super sport" version we are working on. and if that isn't enough, we could build a supercharged version of this rotax 990 that has made well over 200 rwhp in an aprilia mille!

http://www.evoluzione.net/web%20info/spyder_piston_b.jpg

Awesome stuff!

Can I assume that your 6 speed will not have reverse?

AMTJIM
03-28-2009, 05:30 PM
I agree with AMTJIM, I would definately buy a smaller rear driven pulley and matching belt! Simple bolt-on for those of us mechanically inclined. Would it mess up the VSS electronics? Would it void the warranty?
I would think he may have one in work since he has a 6 spd gearbox mod. As far as voiding the warranty...a smaller rear pulley may void it in regards to premature clutch wear. The opposing arguement to a smaller rear pulley is that it would require to much additional throttle and clutch work when starting off causing accelerated wear. However, I have tried in both 1st and reverse many times and can easily start off with little to no throttle work. I have installed touring/economy sprockets on a lot of motorcycles and never had a clutch fail while owning the bike. For me, I think it needs to be a 1000 rpm drop in 5th for it to really be worth it. I however don't think it would be a good mod for anything but solo riding, so I'm not sure if it's worth it for a manufacturer. Unless people riding 2 up with loaded up saddle bags or people pulling trailers etc...are willing to accept the additional wear and it becomes a very popular item.
In regards to affecting the VSS, unless engine RPM(per gear or in general) is an input variable when the VSS is making a decision, it shouldn't affect the VSS since the sensor teeth are fixed to the rims elsewhere.