PDA

View Full Version : XenonDepot HID Install Help

Frank G
02-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Installing the Xenondepot HId Lights with Philips H7 bulbs on a 2011 RS. Got the old bulbs out, trying to figure out how to install the retaining clip in back of the new bulb.:shocked: Are the leads removeable from the bulbs?? looks like shrink wrap to me. Need some help.:bowdown:

Frank G
02-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Installing the Xenondepot HId Lights with Philips H7 bulbs on a 2011 RS. Got the old bulbs out, trying to figure out how to install the retaining clip in back of the new bulb.:shocked: Are the leads removeable from the bulbs?? looks like shrink wrap to me. Need some help.:bowdown:

FYI I talked with the folks at Xenondepot this morning.:thumbup: When doing the install on a RS you need to remove the ruber grommet as supplied with the kit. You are then able to slip the lamp wire connectors through the retainer and install the unit in the lamp housing. (will do this when I get home tonight). A small hole will have to be put in the rear rubber lamp cover to allow the wires to pass. I am thinking one should seal this up with some silicone rubber.

Hope this may help others with this install. I will post the final results when finished.:chat:

DrewNJ
02-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Do you mind maybe snapping a few pictures as you go? I'm probably going to be doing the same within the next month or so.
Thanks!
Doug

Frank G
02-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Yea!! The HID's are in and working.:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: In the next few days I will post a step by step installation guide for the RS. A lot of this will mirror Lamont's instructions posted several years ago.:bowdown: Later

XenonDepot
02-12-2013, 10:39 AM
Yea!! The HID's are in and working.:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: In the next few days I will post a step by step installation guide for the RS. A lot of this will mirror Lamont's instructions posted several years ago.:bowdown: Later

Frank, glad to hear you got everything to work! Would love to see some pictures of the final results and looking forward to the DIY as well.

Danny

redlightron
02-13-2013, 06:00 PM
I would also like to see pictures as I'm getting ready to install them on my RT 2011 LT.:pray: