PDA

View Full Version : New Escape trailer just arrived

Air Force PAO
02-08-2013, 01:51 PM
I purchased an Escape Diamond motorcycle trailer from Trailer Sales in Greenville, SC. The deal was great. Several accessories were included free including shipping. When I told the owner, I was using a Spyder to pull the trailer and didn't need the swivel tilt ball, he immediately included a cooler and cover instead.

Everything arrived about an hour ago. I am very satisfied with the deal. Now, my son-in-law and I have our weekend planned.

Safe ryding.:D

otter28169
02-08-2013, 01:54 PM
:nopic:

Cruzr Joe
02-08-2013, 01:56 PM
I purchased an Escape Diamond motorcycle trailer from Trailer Sales in Greenville, SC. The deal was great. Several accessories were included free including shipping. When I told the owner, I was using a Spyder to pull the trailer and didn't need the swivel tilt ball, he immediately included a cooler and cover instead.

Everything arrived about an hour ago. I am very satisfied with the deal. Now, my son-in-law and I have our weekend planned.

Safe ryding.:D

Replace two things on the trailer

1 - The rubber seal along the inside (less rattling & better water protection)

2 - Bolts on the Cooler Holder (need stronger bolts for safety)

Otherwise this is a pretty good trailer for the money

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/09/hegyte3y.jpg

Cruzr Joe

ARtraveler
02-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Very nice looking trailer. :2thumbs:

skysoldier
02-09-2013, 02:59 PM
I was just looking at the XL, good looking trailer. Thinking about ordering one. What wiring did you use and how difficult was the wiring instalation?

Air Force PAO
02-09-2013, 03:14 PM
I am guessing that if I research the threads, I will find how to wire this trailer. I have not bought the hitch yet or started the wiring process.

I am probably going to buy the hitch from ebay. My local dealer has a used RT with hitch and harness, but will not remove them to sell to me. So...

Chupaca
02-09-2013, 04:04 PM
If your is the same. :congrats: a little practice and you will be on your way...just remember it's behind you:roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
02-09-2013, 07:56 PM
I was just looking at the XL, good looking trailer. Thinking about ordering one. What wiring did you use and how difficult was the wiring instalation?

The trailer came prewired with a flat four plug

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker

Dragonfly
01-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Replace two things on the trailer

1 - The rubber seal along the inside (less rattling & better water protection)

2 - Bolts on the Cooler Holder (need stronger bolts for safety)

Otherwise this is a pretty good trailer for the money

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/09/hegyte3y.jpg

Cruzr Joe

Where did you get those gas cans? I ordered my trailer (from a competitor) yesterday. Can never be to early for getting ready for Spyderfest.

Cruzr Joe
01-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Where did you get those gas cans? I ordered my trailer (from a competitor) yesterday. Can never be to early for getting ready for Spyderfest.

Rotopax.com it is the 1.75 gallon size, only use 1.5 gallons for safety, get the deluxe mount, be sure the gas can does not (touch) rub on the trailer. Don't ask why i know that.

Cruzr joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dragonfly
01-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Thanks. Couple of well placed Velcro strips should eliminate any chaffing. :opps:

happyspyder2039
01-09-2014, 07:58 PM
I am guessing that if I research the threads, I will find how to wire this trailer. I have not bought the hitch yet or started the wiring process.

I am probably going to buy the hitch from ebay. My local dealer has a used RT with hitch and harness, but will not remove them to sell to me. So... look on Amazon for the hitch... cheaper then flee bay

Dragonfly
01-09-2014, 10:16 PM
I would think that spending all that money for the Spyder and getting the proper hitch should be a no brainer. I bought my BRP hitch from Florida Powersport through ebay and saved shipping and !!. Took me two hours for the hitch installation and several hours more for the wiring harness. What sold me was the fact that I did not have to pull the rear axle for mounting the hitch. The trailer I purchased also has the flat four plug and Walmart has the Square 4 Plug set for $3.38 so I ordered two sets. look for Hopkins 11147975 4 Pole Square Set (24in) from Toolking.