PDA

View Full Version : Madstad Adjustable Windsheild and handguards

blambert
02-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Has anyone tried out the Madstad adjustable windshield and hand guards for their RS or GS? ---at Madstad.com. Going to be doing some long rides this year and looking for a better wind and hand guard solution than the stock BMP wind shields.

Regards,

Lambo

SllimG
02-07-2013, 09:33 PM
I have both and love them. Much better than the 25 inch ultra touring windshield I had before. I will post some pics for you. Just remember, you need the kewlmetal mirror extensions for the handguards to work, but those are a great upgrade as well.

SllimG
02-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Ok, here are a few pics, but a couple of things I need to say. First and foremost, only look at the handguards and windshield. Whatever you do, don't look at all the junk in my garage or you might turn into a pillar of salt. Second, sorry about the bug juice. It has been a few days since I washed her.

SllimG
02-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Found another photo that shows them a little better.

daveinva
02-07-2013, 09:58 PM
I've got an identical setup to SllimG. Can't rave enough about the windshields, they're fantastic. The adjustability is great to find the perfect setting, but once you find it, you probably will never need to change it. The handguards are nice too, but I only use them in the colder months, I take them off come spring & summer to flow more air.

blambert
02-08-2013, 01:16 AM
Do you like the tint better than regular clear shield?

daveinva
02-08-2013, 07:38 AM
Do you like the tint better than regular clear shield?

I've only had the Smoke so I can't compare it to the clear, but the tint looks sharp, and it's easy to see through. I originally had a 22" windshield but after I added risers and an Ultimate seat my posture on the RS shifted more vertical so I ended up replacing it with a 24" to get a bit more wind protection (FYI, I'm 5'10" with a 31" inseam). I'm happy with the 24".

SllimG
02-08-2013, 11:27 AM
I had the clear ultra touring and ordered the medium gray madstad. I have to admit at first I thought I made a mistake by not getting clear. However, after install I realized how much better it looked than the clear. Clarity isn't an issue and I think it cuts down on glare. I have the 24 inch and can see over the top, so I'm not looking through a tinted shield. I'm very happy with it. I am 6'00" and for good wind protection the 24 inch works out great. I had to adjust the windshield several times to find the sweet spot, but once I found it I don't think I'll ever need to adjust it again. Mark is a great guy to deal with and you can't go wrong with the madstad.

Littlebadwolf
02-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Here's a few pics of my RS with the Madstad windshield & hand guards/wind deflectors..
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1989&attachmentid=42473

coz
02-08-2013, 04:47 PM
love it. dont have the handguards.:thumbup:

Jazelianet
12-07-2015, 07:25 AM
Can someone remember what the model name is for the wind deflectors? I know this is an old thread but I really want to get some and i can't find them on their website.
Thanks in advance :helpsmilie:

RDWII
12-10-2015, 12:36 AM
I havent tried the RS brackets, in fact I didnt know about them, but guess whats on my list now...

I had the madstad brackets on my VStrom, and loved them. Well made, good function. Repeat customer in me...