PDA

View Full Version : It was'nt what I thought

henkie
04-06-2008, 06:11 AM
yesterday I made a try-out with an spyder :spyder: which I bought under these conditions, it was'nt what I thought it should be, and I annulate the contract.

When you go in a curve you are busy to stay sitting on it.

Lamonster
04-06-2008, 06:28 AM
All I can say is the first 200 miles I owned my Spyder I thought I made a big mistake and thought I was going to kill myself before I got it home. ::) Now I have 5500+ miles on it and the more I ride it the more I love it. It took some getting use to but I'm glad I didn't turn around and ask for my money back. This has been as much fun or more than any bike I've ever owned. :doorag:

Derwin
04-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Hmmm, it sounds like henkie is having the same "shock" that I was having yesterday when I first rode the Spyder. I agree with Lamont, though. I think we should give it a good try, and if we don't like it, we can always sell it on ebay!

Derwin

spyderrider44
04-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Derwin i bet if you ride it and try to relaxe and enjoy you will probably won't want to get off ;D ;D

ocsurfrr
04-06-2008, 01:50 PM
you would be amazed how fast you get use to this bike, give it about 200 miles or so and youll be taking corners at 70.. Its a great machine.. :spyder:

barb36jack31
04-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Hang in there, buddy, just hang in there. I promise you that you will love it once you have some time on it.

Jack H.

henkie
04-06-2008, 02:28 PM
I took two friends with me for test-riding, one of them made one round
and stept allready off. We made a ride on a huge terrain but we were so
disappointed that we didn't ride trough the city anymore.
We all three are motorcycle-riders and this is such another vehicle.

The machine cost in holland some € 20.000,00 and then i will be sure that the machine should be right to me. But maybe you are right and try it some time, maybe
its better to rent one before buying.

Another problem for me is that i have some toys as; suzuki boulevard 1800, honda goldwing 1800, dodge viper, and a audi a8 so i must have a good feeling about it
because i am busy for making time riding the others.

NancysToy
04-06-2008, 07:53 PM
I have ridden conventional motorcycles for 50 years. I had a Harley Servicar trike once, and have bummed rides on sidecars, but never got used to them. I thought the Spyder would take at least 300 miles to get used to. I was wrong! In 100 miles I was riding through the twisties at 70 mph. These forums explained that you have to be more active in the seat. Move your butt off to one side a bit, and it settles right down and you feel more secure. Just like a sidecar in that respect. Remember, you only have to travel and corner as fast as you feel comforatble. You are in control! After a few miles, you will wonder why you ever worried...I promise.
-Scotty

Wijllie
04-07-2008, 12:14 AM
Dont compare it to much with a motorcycle, its a new kind vehicle which has a totaly different steering and behavior. I keep telling people to push hard on the pegs in corners (left when turning right and vice verca), it helps balance your body a lot! With a 2 wheeler you just sit on the pegs, if you do the same on the Spyder you get the "trown off" feeling a lot more..
Once you made the "click" and control the Spyder the real fun part begins :)
It took me 4 demo rides even if I drive motorcycles longer then 25 years.

Henkie, welkom op het forum :)
Echt paar keer proberen hoor, eens je de pak hebt is de Spyder een plezier om mee te rijden!