PDA

View Full Version : MY NEW ULTIMATE SEAT

JKMSPYDER
02-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Received my new Ultimate seat yesterday and installed it last night. Took a 20 mile ride after work today and it is soooo comfortable, especially the rider backrest. Will be a taking a 180 mile round trip tomorrow to the dealer for my 600 mile service. Can't wait to get more miles on my ST-S!!:yes::yes:6143961440

DrewNJ
02-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Looks good John! Ride safe tomorrow.
Doug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spydaman60
02-05-2013, 08:37 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:the best addition to our spyder! enjoy!

Bob Denman
02-06-2013, 08:20 AM
:clap: Question:
Can those backrests be ordered with a feature that would make them removeable? :dontknow:

PrairieSpyder
02-06-2013, 08:59 AM
:clap: Question:
Can those backrests be ordered with a feature that would make them removeable? :dontknow:

That's how they are - removable. And they come with their own pouch for storage.

Bob Denman
02-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Thanks! :2thumbs:
(Back to shopping!)

GParch218
02-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Where can I get an Ultimate Seat?

DrewNJ
02-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Where can I get an Ultimate Seat?

http://www.ultimateseats.ca/

Chupaca
02-07-2013, 08:22 PM
:congrats: enjoy..!!

blambert
02-07-2013, 08:55 PM
John,

I have a corbin seat with back rest with driver back rest have standard backrest from CanAm for passenger. The issue I have are two, the seats remain a little hard even after many thousands of miles but the main second issue is that the passenger seat is angled downward. So my wife feels like she is not sitting flat but is always sliding down into me as we ride. Is the ultimate more comfortable than the Corbin and does the ultimate sit more parallel for the passenger. Would love to hear your thoughts (also what model of ultimate did you buy). I still have my standard seat for trade in to Ultimate for their discount.

Regards,

Lambo

daveinva
02-07-2013, 09:54 PM
John,

I have a corbin seat with back rest with driver back rest have standard backrest from CanAm for passenger. The issue I have are two, the seats remain a little hard even after many thousands of miles but the main second issue is that the passenger seat is angled downward. So my wife feels like she is not sitting flat but is always sliding down into me as we ride. Is the ultimate more comfortable than the Corbin and does the ultimate sit more parallel for the passenger. Would love to hear your thoughts (also what model of ultimate did you buy). I still have my standard seat for trade in to Ultimate for their discount.

Regards,

Lambo

I've only sat briefly on a Corbin but found it harder than my Ultimate mid-rider, which broke in nicely in less than 1000 miles. It's not plush, but it's comfy. Would love it if they had a *little* more padding, and maybe a tractor/bowl shape option ala the Corbin "Lamonster Cut", but really, it's a good deal for the price. Leather would be nice too, but the vinyl is fine, it doesn't feel like vinyl, and it's held up great

Unfortunately the passenger seat on the Ultimate slopes forward a bit too-- my GF has to adjust from time to time. We found that adding passenger footboards (I bought Rivco) and angling them flat helps keep her knees up and her butt planted. I think she'd be more comfy going long distances on an RT, but for nice day rides on the RS she's happy with this setup.

donnellpj
02-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Its kinda funny. My wife was always a little uncomfortable on the back of the bike, and we used to tinker with peg height adjustments, armrest positioning, etc etc,...but never quite got it right.

When I swapped out the stock seat for the Ultimate last fall, and she sat on it for the first time, she looked at me,... and smiled. A thousand words with one look.

I picked up the Ultimate Standard w/ drivers backrest, chrome fuel door, passenger back rest, and paired it all all up with the Diamond R Armrests.. I love it, she loves it, and there is no substitute for a happy passenger,...(ahem),... :thumbup:

The only other seat I ever sat on that liked as much was a Russell Day-long (shaped to Dale's four-point of contact), and they run about the same price with the features I picked, but they needed my stock seat for a period of time. I still may pursue something with them since the stock seat is in storage now... maybe something of the "heated" variety,... Can't have enough Farkles right?! Haha!