PDA

View Full Version : XM renewal coming up

Cavman
02-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Last year MurphyBrown posted a phone number to get a discount on her XM Radio subscription. I've noted the number. Has anyone this year come across any deals?
My renewal is due in March and they want $166.85 a year. I only listen to two channels. That' it! Channel 51 BPM and 52 Electric Area. There are NO radio stations in North GA that play that type of music.

I don't have smart enough phone and I'm not planning to get another phone. Getting on the Internet is a joke.

So I need cheaper XM radio service.

johnnyrocket
02-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Last year MurphyBrown posted a phone number to get a discount on her XM Radio subscription. I've noted the number. Has anyone this year come across any deals?
My renewal is due in March and they want $166.85 a year. I only listen to two channels. That' it! Channel 51 BPM and 52 Electric Area. There are NO radio stations in North GA that play that type of music.

I don't have smart enough phone and I'm not planning to get another phone. Getting on the Internet is a joke.

It has been awhile (6 years or so) but I got lifetime sirius for about 350 dollars. It might be a lot different now with the 2 combining companies awhile back. Good luck!

mowin
02-05-2013, 09:12 AM
They will call ya when it about to run out. Tell 'em its too $$ and your going to drop it. They will knock a chunck off
to keep ya. Last yr i actually let it cancel, and they send me offers that were a 1/3 or more off.

Cavman
02-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Yea, I got a notice in the mail yesterday letting me know the renewal is in March.

Derk
02-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Right before it expires, they will call you. Every year I have told them I won't pay over $100. Each time they have said, "Oh, by the way, we're having a special going on" and they lower it to around $90. Hope that will work for you too.

retread
02-05-2013, 12:15 PM
I've got XM in 2 vehicles, over 300/year, getting ready to go to a portable I can carry, AND try for a lower rate, would like it if they'd give a per channel rate, or a package rate for channels we select.

john

murphybrown
02-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Usually you will first get connected to an outsourced rep...I request a US based rep...then start "dealing"...had a local I told about this...they called me a couple days ago and XM dropped their rate 2/3....so get your tough negotiating panties on and go for it!!! They do not want to lose customers and do to all the freebie thru smartphones they are .. good luck..just remember every dollar you save is another to spend on Spydering!!!!:yes:

RTVIPER
02-05-2013, 03:29 PM

I subscribe to the Music only plan. Is $105 for the yr plus tax and fees.

bobbobtar
02-05-2013, 06:00 PM
My XM expired a year ago, just started to get emails offering 6 months for $25 plus fees.

harrypottar
02-05-2013, 08:40 PM
keep pushing, I never pay more than $70 for the year, even be prepared to let your subscription end.

They will threaten you with reconnection charge but play hard ball. I too have received offers of 6 months for $25 on radio I let the accounts end on.

harry

medicineman48
09-05-2013, 09:04 PM
I got a lifetime subscription for my first Sirius radio about 8 years ago for $300. Fourteen months ago to get the lifetime for the Spyder cost me between $700 and $800 dollars plus it is not transferrable to another radio should you trade.

SNOOPY
09-05-2013, 09:09 PM
You all have a radio on your Spyder??

:roflblack: