PDA

View Full Version : Dealer SNAFU's

jeuchler
04-04-2008, 07:38 PM
So the dealer is an hour away from me, and I was gonna get a lift to the dealer tomorrow and ride #2929 back home after my 11 month wait.

Apparently, the dealer couldn't work with my insurance agent to get the registration and plates all set up. Mind you, all I was doing was transferring the plate from my Suzuki to the Spyder. I already have insurance through this agency.

(On the last six vehicles I've bought, the dealer charged a few bucks to get all that taken care of, so I just show up, pay for it, and drive away.)

I drive like a crazy person after work to get to the dealer in time, who gives me "all the paperwork," I go to the other side of the city to get it certified at the insurance agent, then race to the registry of motor vehicles with 9 minutes to spare.

"Oh," the RMV lady says, "The dealer didn't fill out the odometer disclosure statement on the back of the title. They should know it's required by federal law."

I explain that it was in a crate up until a few hours earlier, and that it really should have essentially no miles on it!

I call the dealer and ask could they (3 minutes before closing) fax the form to the RMV.

"Oh," the dealer lady says, "We don't have that form. I guess I can fax them the info on company letterhead."

They do that. The other RMV workers are locking doors and shutting the lights out (1 minute before closing) and the RMV lady looks at the fax that just came in, shakes her head and says,

"Oh. This isn't the form. Anyhow, they wrote 'zero' for the odometer reading, and it has to say 'one' 'cause our computers won't accept typing 'zero.' "

Insurance closed. RMV closed. Dealer closed.

I have a pile of unapproved paperwork, the title (it really has a VIN# ending in 2929), and a headache.

Tomorrow, I will pay for the Spyder, slap the old plate on it, and ask them to finish the registration process for me and FedEx the legal paperwork next week.

I will ask them calmly. :edit: :edit: :edit:

(Any suggestions that don't begin with the words "You know what you shoulda done..." are welcome!)

Derwin
04-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Well, I could sit back and chuckle at another persons misery, but I won't do that! ;D

I really DO feel your pain. I probably would have popped my lid if this happened to me. Then they would have had to call an ambulance after the stress caused me to have a stroke!

It's this kind of stupidity that drives people crazy. A very simple thing that they SHOULD know about, but they don't, and it causes you stress that I'm sure you don't need.

Well, at least you now will actually have your Spyder.........I won't be getting mine for another 5 or so months!

Derwin

Trypod
04-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Geesh, i can feel for ya man. By the way, i'm glad i didn't have your dealer, had enough confusion at mine from time to time :edit: but nothing like that, and mine eventually made good on all so i'm Spyderin happy. I hope you do as well when your nightmare ends. Good luck and Ride safe!!! :spyder:

TrailerTrash
04-04-2008, 11:21 PM
My dealer (who is 150 miles away) also screwed up the odometer portion. I was able to register it but couldn't get the title. Had to take the paperwork back for the correct signatures. Luckily, when I went to DMV, I got our local Harley chapter Road Captain who knows me in passing. When he saw the 0 on the odometer statement, he calmly put a 1 after it and just kept processing the registration. :bigthumbsup: Our computers here in NV won't take a zero either.

barb36jack31
04-05-2008, 03:54 PM
When I went to pick up my Spyder, I got all the paperwork signed, paid for the bike and all the fees and then walked into the showroom to take my Spyder home. It was then that I was informed that between the service shop and the showroom, the keys had been lost and could not be found. There I was, fully expecting to be riding my Spyder home and now the keys were lost. I had to go home without the Spyder. The dealer moved heaven and earth and BRP overnighted a new set of keys and they were programmed by the dealer's computer very promptly. After about a 3 day loss of time, (A weekend was involved), I was on my machine and on my way. Talk about a series of highs and lows!! In any event the Spyder has been great and I am having a ball.

Jack H.

jeuchler
04-05-2008, 04:15 PM
When I went to pick up my Spyder, I got all the paperwork signed, paid for the bike and all the fees and then walked into the showroom to take my Spyder home. It was then that I was informed that between the service shop and the showroom, the keys had been lost and could not be found. There I was, fully expecting to be riding my Spyder home and now the keys were lost. I had to go home without the Spyder...
Jack H.

Geez, Jack, I'll never whine again after reading your story!

I did try to stay positive and not blame people who couldn't fix a problem, but maybe all the pre-delivery frustration made the riding now even sweeter? ::)

barb36jack31
04-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Amen, brother Ben!

Jack H.

pphantom538
04-05-2008, 04:27 PM
It is the best of times - it is the worst of times. Enjoy the ride.