PDA

View Full Version : What's your rear sprocket OEM part##

Spyder#353
02-02-2013, 06:09 PM
Hi All,
It's been awhile since my last post. Doing a lot of reading though. I'm having problems with my 08 rear wheel. I rode to Cowtown for Spyderfest last spring. About 100 mi. out of Cuba my rear wheel bearing started to fail. Limted in to Cowtown where they repaired my Spyder. They changed all bearing seals clip ring rear sprocket and the spool. Everything is fine no trouble Getting ready to go to Daytona Beach for Biketoberfest so I bought a new tire and drive belt. Had my dealer install them and off to Daytona I went. Everything is fine. Rode around town. Now it December and notice my belt is loose on the front pully and rubbing on my engine case. I grab it with my hands and was able to scoot the belt over. Here is where it gets interisting. My dealer starts saying the bearings are my responseability because of the milage. Then I told them about the bearing/sprocket change at Cowtown. Dealer says well there isn't a record of it. So I call Cowtown and they faxed me a copy of the work order. My dealer said they called and never received a fax.:rolleyes: Now, service repair order has highlited. All parts and numbers along with customer wants all parts, parts are being ship overnite. This is "WARRANTY" work. In the beginning I asked if my dealer would like to see the old sprocket. No we don't need it.:rolleyes: Finally yesterday my dealer calls me and said that there was nothing wrong with the new bearings but the new sprocket moves. And they want to see all my old parts.:banghead: Being the nice guy that I am. I took them over today. Now the story is. Cowtown installed the wrong sprocket and it wasn't from BRP.:banghead: I don't beleived that. :mad: Dealer said BRP doesn't have any record overniteing a sprocket. I know they wouldn't because it wasn't with the other stuff. Thats why the sprocket was powercoated. Mechanic here told me that the powercoating would course the bearing to go.nojoke:banghead::banghead::banghead: Now I have 2 sprockets with 2
different parts numbers. My spyder is 353 off production line is original parts# 705500860 replacement sprocket #705501095 I can't find eather of these numbers. This is where I need HELP!:helpsmilie:I need to know how many changes were made to this sprocket and the number on the last change.

When I get this all straighten out. I have to bring my RT-S in for a do over warranty work.:D

DrewNJ
02-03-2013, 10:31 AM
where is the number at on the sprocket? I don't know if it will help, but I'll go look on my 2012 RS this afternoon once the temp comes up above freezing...:D

mcaccamise
02-04-2013, 05:19 PM
This is the part sproket # for a 08 Spyder

705500897 -79 tooth

This is for a 2012 Spyder
705501705 -79 tooth

Hope it helps Mike