PDA

View Full Version : PITBULL's new shock relocater kits.

pitbull
01-31-2013, 12:38 AM
6107061071Our new brackets are going to production, it's taken a long time to develop, but we pulled it off, no drill of your frame or removal of your front trunk this bracket makes it simple and easy to instal and adds strength, with better handling and less swaying and gives you a smoother more predictable ride, also brings you up to part of the 2013 technology. Its designed to be run with elka's but yes you can run it with stock shocks, fits all 2012 RS and RT's and down and comes complete with all the hardware.:thumbup:
look for them on spyderelkadirect.com in just a few weeks! Should be ready by time to open the new PITBULL POWERSPORTS STORE!

look for Spyderlover testing and approval

pitbull
01-31-2013, 12:40 AM

pitbull
01-31-2013, 12:41 AM

kevorama
01-31-2013, 01:17 AM
I'm first on the list to test them!

blambert
01-31-2013, 02:08 AM
So im running 2011 RS Spyder with Baja ron antisway bar and 2011 RT front shocks. Does your new hardware improve performance from what I already have?

mrfats
01-31-2013, 05:22 AM
Something more to think about!:banghead:

my3gs
01-31-2013, 06:40 AM
Love it when something like this comes out i just tell her SAFETY dear its all about safty an give her them puppy dog eyes :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Erags
01-31-2013, 07:11 AM
Will the front end alignment need to be check after installing???

Bob Denman
01-31-2013, 07:57 AM
Len,
If you need a tester in the NorthEast... :2thumbs:

Y Rider
01-31-2013, 08:01 AM
Any idea what the sell price will be? Need to reprioritize my farkle funds. This mod will need to be high on the list. :thumbup:

warp10
01-31-2013, 08:08 AM
Len, I think you are going to be busy installing these at Spyderfest, I want a pair. :yes:

Bob Denman
01-31-2013, 08:33 AM
Me too! I'll even pre-pay for them... :2thumbs:

warp10
01-31-2013, 08:37 AM

Gee thanks Bob, that was very kind of you to pay for mine. :yes:

just kidding :roflblack:

Bob Denman
01-31-2013, 08:53 AM
Let's see what the cost will be first... but I'm not saying "No!" :D

Len???

scooterexpress
01-31-2013, 08:59 AM
if bobs buying count me in too..thanks bob what a guy.:thumbup: now you really got to hide the reciept:roflblack:

ulflyer
01-31-2013, 09:03 AM
A mid-atlantic tester is what Len needs. Warmish, still riding,
old coot to give other old coots the proper perspective on this gadget. Will be watching the mailbox!

warp10
01-31-2013, 09:12 AM
Texas is the official test state. Just a quick ride across the state to test them out. Only 700+ miles :roflblack::roflblack:

quickster47
01-31-2013, 09:19 AM
Tennessee has some awesome roads so I can't think of a better state for proper testing.

Carl

BajaRon
01-31-2013, 09:20 AM
So im running 2011 RS Spyder with Baja ron antisway bar and 2011 RT front shocks. Does your new hardware improve performance from what I already have?

Yes... :thumbup:

Bob Denman
01-31-2013, 09:30 AM
Ron,
During the unauthorized :shocked: Farkling flurry around my garage; I find that I've got a set of Elkas waiting in the wings. With your Anti-Swaybar, the new shocks AND some of Len's handywork; do you think that I should back-off the preload on the shocks a bit? :dontknow:

murphybrown
01-31-2013, 10:12 AM
Yep, Len...will have your guys install along with other service in April..when I ryde in for Spyderfest 2013. Have heard GREAT things about this "innovative" fix..Len, you are the guy when it comes to Spyder's, customer service and just living large. :clap:

bmwlarry
01-31-2013, 10:54 AM
I will be your tester in Oregon! Put me on the list for first production run --- If you have one!

Cant wait!
Larry:yes:

sergentwoody
01-31-2013, 11:11 AM
can we have front picture without trunk ?

chris56
01-31-2013, 11:22 AM
61116 maybe you a tester here in the Alps ???

Bob Denman
01-31-2013, 11:27 AM
:shocked: Now THAT'S a road! :2thumbs:
We need a video of your Spyder working it's way down it! :firstplace:

BajaRon
01-31-2013, 11:31 AM
Ron,
During the unauthorized :shocked: Farkling flurry around my garage; I find that I've got a set of Elkas waiting in the wings. With your Anti-Swaybar, the new shocks AND some of Len's handywork; do you think that I should back-off the preload on the shocks a bit? :dontknow:

Most find that they like the ride better with the shocks set to a lower position after installing the stiffer sway bar (stiffer for cornering, not for ride). It depends on why you stiffened them up in the 1st place. If you set your shock springs stiffer because of load then probably no. If you stiffened them up because of lean, most likely yes.

The Custom Sway Bar will take much of the duties in controlling dive and lean in corners allowing the shocks to be tuned for optimal suspension response in all conditions.

Not trying to speak for Len here but typically, standing the shocks up (as with Len's relocation bracket) will make any shock more effective and further reduce the need for a stiffer spring setting.

The main thing is to experiment with the adjustments on your shocks until you find the ideal setting. If you regularly change the loading of your Spyder by a fair amount you may have to experiment loaded and unloaded to find your ideal shock setting. But you will never have to adjust the Sway Bar.

I hope I'm not making it sound complicated because it isn't.

DrewNJ
01-31-2013, 11:51 AM
Looks very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Denman
01-31-2013, 12:22 PM
Thanks Ron, I got it! :thumbup:
Once I get all of the parts off the ground and glued on the bike; I'll have to tinker a bit with them...

Sarge707
01-31-2013, 05:47 PM
I,m having a Hard time picturing this? Any chance of a Farther away front view? I,m sorta slow???:roflblack:

Bob Denman
01-31-2013, 05:50 PM
Flip the pic around a bit... (Right side of it up to the top!) :thumbup:

BajaRon
01-31-2013, 06:46 PM
Flip the pic around a bit... (Right side of it up to the top!) :thumbup:

Really Bob, you can't keep letting people take care of you like this!

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/ShockRelocate_zps16d4f35e.jpg?t=1359675865

RAYYOU
01-31-2013, 07:27 PM
Put me on the list for a set.

StriperKing
01-31-2013, 07:55 PM
What do these do to the ride height?

kevorama
01-31-2013, 08:06 PM

Awesome! First round is on Bob :thumbup:

Ronsam
01-31-2013, 08:52 PM
What about 2010 RT . They will fit ?:popcorn:

6107061071Our new brackets are going to production, it's taken a long time to develop, but we pulled it off, no drill of your frame or removal of your front trunk this bracket makes it simple and easy to instal and adds strength, with better handling and less swaying and gives you a smoother more predictable ride, also brings you up to part of the 2013 technology. Its designed to be run with elka's but yes you can run it with stock shocks, fits all 2012 RS and RT's and down and comes complete with all the hardware.:thumbup:
look for them on spyderelkadirect.com in just a few weeks! Should be ready by time to open the new PITBULL POWERSPORTS STORE!

rcantrell52
01-31-2013, 09:01 PM
What about 2010 RT . They will fit ?:popcorn:

Yes, it will fit both RT and RS models.

Reese

Ronsam
01-31-2013, 09:04 PM
THANKS , They look very good.:clap:

Yes, it will fit both RT and RS models.

Reese

Ronsam
01-31-2013, 09:15 PM
Put me on the list for a set:clap:

Dochands
01-31-2013, 10:14 PM
Not sure I understand what these brackets do. I have Elkas on my RS. How will this improve or change my ride?

soaring hawk
01-31-2013, 10:21 PM
Wen they are ready, order them up 2011 rt-s with Elkas . Spyderfest here we come:yes::clap:

Bandit
01-31-2013, 11:32 PM
I've got this strange feeling that all of the vendors are going to be overwhelmed this year! :doorag:

wa3wheels
02-01-2013, 12:08 AM

Add me to bracket list. :)

wyliec
02-01-2013, 07:23 AM
I,m having a Hard time picturing this? Any chance of a Farther away front view? I,m sorta slow???:roflblack:

I've got to agree with you; but, not on just this pic. which is actually a good one compared to others I've seen. I've seen many pics. where I'm left scratching my head wondering where exactly the part is located.

Bob Denman
02-01-2013, 07:53 AM
Len,
Are you keeping a list of everybody who wants to be the first kid on the block with these?? :D :2thumbs:

mcaccamise
02-01-2013, 09:05 AM
I am also wondering what these blocks will do to the ride height and also how will they interfear with the plastic lowers that the shocks are close to in stock position 2012 RSS.
It looks to me that the blocks lower the springs about one inch which would raise the front how would you level it back to front im asking as others have had the same questions?
Mike

MarkLawson
02-01-2013, 11:45 AM
What is the material they are made of?

NancysToy
02-01-2013, 12:04 PM
What is the material they are made of?
6061 aluminum, according to another post. I'm guessing T6.

Bob Denman
02-01-2013, 12:05 PM
I'd be willing to say aluminum; but as to just which type... :dontknow:

BajaRon
02-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Len will have to verify all of this but I do not believe that this will change ride height. The shock mount is moved both out and up. I think it should be a wash on the ride height.

Interference with the Tupperware and stock (Spring on top) shocks may be a different story. May require some minor surgery.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Len will have to verify all of this but I do not believe that this will change ride height. The shock mount is moved both out and up. I think it should be a wash on the ride height.

Interference with the Tupperware and stock (Spring on top) shocks may be a different story. May require some minor surgery.
I do believe it's quite feasible to just flip / reverse mount the shock ( if regular G/S - R/S - RSS 08 THRU 12 ). I did this on my GS a couple of years ago.....No difference in handling .......Mike :thumbup:

NancysToy
02-01-2013, 08:48 PM
I do believe it's quite feasible to just flip / reverse mount the shock ( if regular G/S - R/S - RSS 08 THRU 12 ). I did this on my GS a couple of years ago.....No difference in handling .......Mike :thumbup:
You will lose the damping quite soon if you do so. The shock absorber oil passages and checks are made to work in one position. Resersing the shock usually renders them inoperable, and the oil all flows or is worked away from the reservoir. It all pumps to one end and cannot drain back.

BajaRon
02-01-2013, 09:11 PM
You will lose the damping quite soon if you do so. The shock absorber oil passages and checks are made to work in one position. Resersing the shock usually renders them inoperable, and the oil all flows or is worked away from the reservoir. It all pumps to one end and cannot drain back.

What you meant to say, Scotty, is they won't work at all in the flipped position.:roflblack: Not to mention with all the oil at the wrong end, friction will destroy the internal working parts pretty quickly and flipping them back won't help at all.

NancysToy
02-01-2013, 10:34 PM
What you meant to say, Scotty, is they won't work at all in the flipped position.:roflblack: Not to mention with all the oil at the wrong end, friction will destroy the internal working parts pretty quickly and flipping them back won't help at all.
Some of the automotive ones actually work for a short while, in particular the cheap 50/50 variety. Can't think of a better way to destroy a coil-over shock, however.

BajaRon
02-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Some of the automotive ones actually work for a short while, in particular the cheap 50/50 variety. Can't think of a better way to destroy a coil-over shock, however.

I think what surprised me is that the poster did not notice a difference. I'm not going to flip my shocks to find out but there has to be a big difference, especially after a few hundred miles, unless the road surface is very smooth.

Looking forward to seeing you at Spyderfest!

Bob Denman
02-02-2013, 10:26 AM
The only way that I'd flip a shock; is accidentally with the bike still attached to them properly! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

BajaRon
02-02-2013, 10:51 AM
The only way that I'd flip a shock; is accidentally with the bike still attached to them properly! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Some things you just need to leave alone! :yikes:

Bob Denman
02-02-2013, 11:00 AM
61263 :shocked: :agree:

pitbull
02-03-2013, 12:25 AM
The relocation brackets just simply take the top of the shocks both out and up with no major change in height, cause less leverage on your shocks therefor allowing you to soften your preload and if your on Elka stage one way plus or better Change your damping to tune your suspension to the max .

kinggeek
02-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Has anyone asked how much yet - I have not seen a price yet.

Bob Denman
02-03-2013, 08:06 AM
I did... we're all waiting for his calculator to stop grinding... :roflblack: :bbq::bbq:

SpyRyd
02-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Has anyone asked how much yet - I have not seen a price yet.

I think $175.00...

Bob Denman
02-04-2013, 07:39 AM
They'll cost... what they cost! :shocked: Hopefully it'll be an amount that a lot of us are interested in spending! :thumbup:

pitbull
02-05-2013, 10:45 AM
R & D Can Cost $$$?nojoke

Cost wise the bracket will run about 199.00 retail but 179.00 will be the spyderlovers special rate. We are still a couple of weeks out on them and doing a test run fit of 11 brackets to ensure proper fitting. Once there out there we should be fully releasing them by the first of mark and will be doing free installs during SPYDERFEST.

Bob Denman
02-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Please pencil me in on your dance card! :2thumbs: :ohyea::yes::yes:

warp10
02-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Len, just saying, I have not gotten mine yet to do beta testing. :gaah:

Trooper
02-05-2013, 01:47 PM

BINGO !! If the shock had an internal floating piston to separate the oil from the nitrogen gas, then it would not be an issue. If the customer is riding with his shocks upside down and hasn't noticed how bad of a ride he has, then.....I'm not sure what to say.:dontknow:

JJW SpyderRider
02-05-2013, 02:40 PM
BINGO !! If the shock had an internal floating piston to separate the oil from the nitrogen gas, then it would not be an issue. If the customer is riding with his shocks upside down and hasn't noticed how bad of a ride he has, then.....I'm not sure what to say.:dontknow:

My old dealer was mounting the Elka's upside down. After complaints I think they started reading the directions. :opps:

BajaRon
02-05-2013, 06:49 PM
My old dealer was mounting the Elka's upside down. After complaints I think they started reading the directions. :opps:

The ignorance level in regards to shocks, what they do, how they accomplish their duties and the different build designs is not surprising in the general population. A shock, even a cheap one, is not a simple mechanism.

But a dealership that doesn't know the difference is inexcusable. But, unfortunately, not all that uncommon. That is why a good dealership is sometimes difficult to find. It's easier to find a dealership that is money first and customer second.

Bob Denman
02-06-2013, 07:53 AM
That's why it's up to us to gather up as much knowledge about these bikes as possible. :thumbup:

Trooper
02-06-2013, 10:12 AM
That's why it's up to us to gather up as much knowledge about these bikes as possible. :thumbup:

That is the great thing about forums. Dealers could learn a heck of alot about the vehicles they sell as well as their customer base if they spent just a little bit of time here reading up. Unfortunately I don't think enough of them do.

Sarge707
02-06-2013, 12:14 PM
That is the great thing about forums. Dealers could learn a heck of alot about the vehicles they sell as well as their customer base if they spent just a little bit of time here reading up. Unfortunately I don't think enough of them do.

Problem is Most BRP dealers would have to be active members of-
1-Spyderlovers.com
2-PersonalWatercraftToday.com
3-Snow Mobile.com???
4.Quad.com???
Some sell even more products!!!
(???)= Not sure about the Forum Name!
They work hard and need a Life Tooo?

Bob Denman
02-06-2013, 12:16 PM
It might be... impractical for them to spend a lot of time in the forums; but they could always delegate! :2thumbs:

scooterexpress
02-06-2013, 01:05 PM
what it boils down too is dealers don't have the manpower to have someone sit there everyday reading forums and second then they would have to come up with different excuses about whats wrong with your bike and why they can't fix it.just so they can piss us off and laugh as they walk away.true in some cases but not all.

Trooper
02-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Problem is Most BRP dealers would have to be active members of-
1-Spyderlovers.com
2-PersonalWatercraftToday.com
3-Snow Mobile.com???
4.Quad.com???
Some sell even more products!!!
(???)= Not sure about the Forum Name!
They work hard and need a Life Tooo?

Agreed. Its just not possible for them to be able to take that time, however I have read more than on one occasion situations of dealers brushing off customers who do the research in advance on forums like this to help the initial diagnosis. Not all dealers seem to be willing to ​listen.

scooterexpress
02-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Agreed. Its just not possible for them to be able to take that time, however I have read more than on one occasion situations of dealers brushing off customers who do the research in advance on forums like this to help the initial diagnosis. Not all dealers seem to be willing to ​listen.

yep my dealership was that way at first then i went to the g.m. and said hey look..just trying to help..now hes told me when something is that important to email him first before coming in and he would see to it the the maintenence dept would read up on it through buds.and they have kept there word on it..

GRIPMAN
02-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Include me for a set,ASAP

Chupaca
02-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Looking forward to the first production, hope there will be enough to go around..:popcorn:

mcaccamise
02-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Looking for a set of the new brackets are they available yet? i would like to try them on with the new Elkas 2012 RSS.
mike

spydercoach
02-21-2013, 01:44 AM
You beat me to the punch:sour: Oregon roads are so much different than anywhere in the world that I'm sure he should have two testers out here:yes:

ThreeWheels
02-21-2013, 06:24 AM
Are these brackets available yet ?
I didn't see them at the Elka Direct website, but some vendors announce their products here before they post them on their websites.

Bob Denman
02-21-2013, 07:53 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_4.gif (I think that this is a PitBull PewerSports product; no official connection with Elka...)

Netminder
02-21-2013, 06:45 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_4.gif (I think that this is a PitBull PewerSports product; no official connection with Elka...)
If I am not mistaken Bob, Len is in charge of Elka Direct and that is where these brackets will be available. :thumbup: At least I think??

Bob Denman
02-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Good question... :thumbup:
the answer... :dontknow:

YPILOT
02-21-2013, 07:31 PM

post # 1 :D

Bob Denman
02-21-2013, 07:53 PM
I interpreted that to mean that it's a PitBull PowerSports part...
"Designed to be run with Elkas"

YPILOT
02-21-2013, 09:38 PM
IMHO I think Len designed them for all pre 2013 Spyders to take advantage of the 2013 shock geometry.
It gives the shock a little more leverage by changing the angle that it works at, which makes it more efficient.
This should improve any Spyder/shock combination. As you know Spyders go better with Elka's.

ulflyer
02-22-2013, 07:52 AM
Will be interested to see if the shock relocation offers additional benefit to machines already fitted with Elkas and Ron's Anti-Sway bar.

Bob Denman
02-22-2013, 07:55 AM
Me too! :agree: :thumbup:

Venym
02-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Waiting for reviews from owners:popcorn::popcorn:

flybuddy
03-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Anything new on the shock relocater kit?

Bob Denman
03-12-2013, 01:43 PM
SpyderFest 2013... :thumbup: :bbq::bbq:

ThreeWheels
03-12-2013, 03:22 PM

I'm not going to Spyderfest. Too damn far away.
Will I have to wait for SITA in August ?
By then, I may have convinced myself that the RonBar is adequate by itself.

Bob Denman
03-12-2013, 05:16 PM
:shocked: (keep in mind that he's busier than a one-armed paper hanger dduring a hurricane right now...)
You're gonna have to give him a call...
But you might be the first kid on your block with a set of them! :ohyea::ohyea:

flybuddy
03-12-2013, 07:15 PM

I'm going, but I hate to test them for 1400 miles coming back home.

va2djd
03-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Ready to test them if there made by elka I'm close to the shop so if you want a tester I'm there Montreal

jthornton
03-13-2013, 06:27 AM
But a dealership that doesn't know the difference is inexcusable. But, unfortunately, not all that uncommon. That is why a good dealership is sometimes difficult to find. It's easier to find a dealership that is money first and customer second.

I found out the hard way about our local Honda dealer service department. They can't even change a tire on a GW without killing the TPM sending unit and don't have a clue what the yellow dot is on the tire... I'm amazed they got them on facing the right way. In any case it cost me $300 to get my GW fixed after the local dealer changed my tires. At least I found a professional Honda service department at the Jonesboro Honda dealer.

John

Shewhoprays
03-13-2013, 07:01 AM
Well add me to the list. i need all the help I can get for a nice smooth ryde. :yes::yes: