PDA

View Full Version : Vintage bikes

trikester
03-29-2008, 12:41 PM
After reading these instructions I realize why I like antique motorcycles so much - I can get to everything without removing any panels. Also I don't have to check for oil leaks - it's a forgone conclusion that there will always be oil leaks, just make sure there is a pan under them when they are parked ;D

I've got fourteen antique bikes and fourteen catch pans 8)

FC

NancysToy
03-29-2008, 08:43 PM
After reading these instructions I realize why I like antique motorcycles so much - I can get to everything without removing any panels. Also I don't have to check for oil leaks - it's a forgone conclusion that there will always be oil leaks, just make sure there is a pan under them when they are parked ;D

I've got fourteen antique bikes and fourteen catch pans 8)

FC

Amen, brother, amen! Actually, my BMW R1100RT is fairly easy to drain and change the filter, but adding oil requres a funnel, and a chiropractor, after you bend yourself down to peer into the oil level window.

I have 21 vintage bikes, and trip over the catch pans. ;D I just throw some oil dry down, especially where the Bonneville marks its territory.

-Scotty

barb36jack31
04-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Man, how about you guys telling us a little bit about your vintage bikes? I have been riding more than 60 years now and have ridden a bunch of old stuff. Would love tohear about your "oldies".

Jack H

NancysToy
04-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Man, how about you guys telling us a little bit about your vintage bikes? I have been riding more than 60 years now and have ridden a bunch of old stuff. Would love tohear about your "oldies".

Jack H

Well, I'm not to good at posting pics, Lamont had to help me with my avatar, which is the pit bike I built in 1970 or so. It was just featured in Motorcycle Classics Jan/Feb issue. Beyond that, I have two vintage BMWs, a 58 Simplex hotrod, a 65 Triumph Bonneville, and a slew of early to mid-sixties Hondas. My pride and joy is the 1961 Honda CB92R that I raced when I was 18. Only 148 of those produced. Only one modern bike, my R1100RT Beemer. Got my start on an old Cushman step-through, how about you?
-Scotty

Mad Matt
04-03-2008, 08:41 PM
I did a full restoration on this 1969 Honda CB750. Lamont has seen it in person, it is parked in my Office. Here are the before and after pics.
http://www.chromegarage.com/pics/P8302292.jpg
http://www.chromegarage.com/pics/7501.jpg

jeuchler
04-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Beautiful! :bigthumbsup:

(...Would you like to tackle the restoration of my 1974 xl 175 sitting in my garage??! Bought for $100 but needs some TLC.)

Mad Matt
04-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Beautiful! :bigthumbsup:

(...Would you like to tackle the restoration of my 1974 xl 175 sitting in my garage??! Bought for $100 but needs some TLC.)

Love to, as soon as I finish my number 2 CB750 which I have the motor and frame done for, and my #3 which is rideable but is planned for a period cafe racer, and my number 4, which is a Kawai 750 triple, and my........

;DMatt

NancysToy
04-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Love to, as soon as I finish my number 2 CB750 which I have the motor and frame done for, and my #3 which is rideable but is planned for a period cafe racer, and my number 4, which is a Kawai 750 triple, and my........

;DMatt

Yeah, know that disease! Still will be busy ten years after they bury me.

jeuchler
04-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Love to, as soon as I finish my........

OK, Great--Thanks, Matt.

As long as I'm on the list...