PDA

View Full Version : Green Aur Filter Worth it?

Rockwall
01-29-2013, 03:10 PM
I have read about the Green Air Filters. I believe that you can get increased hp and tourque with more air flow, but not great amounts. Has anyone had positive results with this to justify $65?

bluestratos
01-29-2013, 03:39 PM
I have seen no improvement with the green filter.

cjackg
01-29-2013, 05:00 PM
I have used both Green Filters and K&N Filters in the past on several different vehicles including 2 RTs. Every time I get one, I ask myself why I wasted the money! A good paper filter probably does a better job all around.

Chupaca
01-29-2013, 05:52 PM
You can wash and reuse them. Not enough improvement by themselves but in combination with pipe etc. Noticeable.. :thumbup:

DougB
01-29-2013, 06:17 PM
I have a Green on my RT, a K&N on my GMC Sierra, A K&N on my 69 Bonneville and a K&N on my Yamaha SR 500. Some power increase, long interval between cleaning.

BajaRon
01-29-2013, 06:20 PM
You aren't going to see any difference with just the air filter. As mentioned above, coupled with a good exhaust and fuel management system you may get 5-8 more HP.

The main improvement is you don't have to dig into your air box very often and after a few paper filters they start paying for themselves.

Cavman
01-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Not sure on my Spyder, but the K&N's I've put on all my cars and trucks for over 35 years seem to make them breathe easier. When I put a set on my Yamaha 650, I had to re-jet the carbs because the filters lean it out too much. That much more air was coming in.
Then there is the factor of not buying another for years....just cleaning it.

Recluze
01-30-2013, 09:19 AM
I had a green air filter on my first Spyder. The only difference I noticed is that it made noticeably louder. I use paper ones now.

Kratos
01-30-2013, 09:23 AM
For Power?.....worth it if you have a pipe and tuner to go with it.
For servicing....worth it because you can clean and don't have to service it as much.

Rockwall
01-30-2013, 07:02 PM
Added power and increased sound are good things. I would be pairing it with a Two Brothers pipe and Juice Box. It's honestly just fun to spend money on your toys, let's just admit it!:doorag:

rock
01-30-2013, 08:52 PM
we put after market exhaust and the k n h air filter and our power went up and our fuel mileage increased maybe 4 mpg...best part is just wash the filter ... its a one time charge...how ever if you do the air filter , you almost have to do the exhaust because your air flow changes a lot, lots of air in, restricted by stock exhaust comin out...plus i love the sound of my pipes!!!!