PDA

View Full Version : Custom Speaker Pods

DaDrkmysta
01-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Gang, I found a guy who has made custom speaker pods for RS/GS. He's done some really good work. Thoughts? I am trying to talk him in creating a set for me.

SPYD1
01-28-2013, 09:47 PM
They look great!

McGone
01-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Those are nice looking speaker pods. Ask him what the cost would be for anoth pair. How to they attach to the tupperware?

DaDrkmysta
01-28-2013, 10:29 PM
Those are nice looking speaker pods. Ask him what the cost would be for anoth pair. How to they attach to the tupperware?

I need to talk him down to $600-$700 for a complete package...:banghead: anymore and i almost prefer to go the JL audio route.

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-28-2013, 10:41 PM
I need to talk him down to $600-$700 for a complete package...:banghead: anymore and i almost prefer to go the JL audio route.

Just throwin this out there....considering where they are located ( meaning distance from your ears ) are you sure you can hear anything from them ? ? ?.......Mike..:thumbup:

Chupaca
01-28-2013, 11:27 PM
:agree: full face helmet closed would mean hi vol and the whole neighborhood will hear but will you..:roflblack:.. The workmanship is well done.:thumbup:

DaDrkmysta
01-29-2013, 11:38 AM
:agree: full face helmet closed would mean hi vol and the whole neighborhood will hear but will you..:roflblack:.. The workmanship is well done.:thumbup:

A friend of mines has the JL Audio ones and I can hear him about a block and a half away.if he is blasting it.if I am cruising behind him or to the side of him I can typically hear the radio. that being said when I'm riding by myself I would like to be able to hear some tunes as well.

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-29-2013, 12:05 PM
A friend of mines has the JL Audio ones and I can hear him about a block and a half away.if he is blasting it.if I am cruising behind him or to the side of him I can typically hear the radio. that being said when I'm riding by myself I would like to be able to hear some tunes as well.
Great report on the JL Audio speakers .....but what does that have to do with the " PODS " above ? ? ? ...Have you heard those ? ? ?.......Mike :thumbup:

DaDrkmysta
01-29-2013, 12:55 PM
Great report on the JL Audio speakers .....but what does that have to do with the " PODS " above ? ? ? ...Have you heard those ? ? ?.......Mike :thumbup:

More than anyhting i like the look. i know going with this option that the sound will not be cmparible.

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-29-2013, 09:06 PM
More than anyhting i like the look. i know going with this option that the sound will not be cmparible.

To each his own, and whatever rows your boat...........But $700 + ( your est. ) I fail to see the logic here .....My 250 watt Shark stereo works for me at Higway speeds only cost $120......But that included the entire unit not just the speakers :gaah: :roflblack: :roflblack: Mike :thumbup:

DaDrkmysta
01-29-2013, 09:20 PM
To each his own, and whatever rows your boat...........But $700 + ( your est. ) I fail to see the logic here .....My 250 watt Shark stereo works for me at Higway speeds only cost $120......But that included the entire unit not just the speakers :gaah: :roflblack: :roflblack: Mike :thumbup:

I've thought of those but i don't want them mounted to windshield. I want the bike to have a custom look. I've people do all kinds of wierd stuff to get some riding music but none of them look good. I may have to upgrade to an ST and save myself the hassle.

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-30-2013, 12:14 AM
I've thought of those but i don't want them mounted to windshield. I want the bike to have a custom look. I've people do all kinds of wierd stuff to get some riding music but none of them look good. I may have to upgrade to an ST and save myself the hassle.

Those $ 700 + Pods are looking very, very, very, attractive NOW :lecturef_smilie: :gaah: :agree:.....Mike :roflblack:

Kratos
01-30-2013, 10:02 AM
I would love to have music on my spyder, but with my full face helmet it doesn't seem practical.

DragonLorD
01-30-2013, 11:21 AM
full face helmet
music on
hear it no problem
good company on long stretches and motorway
i suppose some prefer inside helmet audio but not me

very nice pods btw - like the design, JL however superior they are , they make Spyder look but ugly

juliantrost
01-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Agree with BLUEKNIGHT911' post. The pods look nice, but not sure if they are worth $700 for just the pods and speakers. I have ordered 250W Shark system and a sub-woofer for the frunk. Now, just need to figure out the best way to install it. My idea was to actually mount the speakers exact same way as these pods are mounted, but again, thinking that may be too far for 250W system. Also, question to anyone who is savvy in electronics, is it safe to connect the AMP and speakers directly to the battery?

DaDrkmysta
01-30-2013, 02:24 PM
I need someone to who can shape mold fiberglass or plastic...at reasonible price then order some sharks to hrow in there...$400 tops

Eihsauqm
01-30-2013, 03:38 PM
This guy has a Bose PC setup with the smaller speakers hidden behind the dash vents. :dontknow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtOp9QBv1vQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK-C2F3qV88

Not sure about the set up, but the dash install may hold some possibilities.....

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-30-2013, 04:39 PM
This guy has a Bose PC setup with the smaller speakers hidden behind the dash vents. :dontknow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtOp9QBv1vQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK-C2F3qV88

Not sure about the set up, but the dash install may hold some possibilities.....

Granted the Spyder is in an enclosed small garage and not on a noisy windblown highway .....But if those are speakers that can fit in the dash pod of an RS they INCREDIBLE.....Mike :2excited:

skeetshooter
01-30-2013, 10:07 PM
I have the shark 250 watt amp and 6'' speakers that came with it.I bought 2 pvc pipe caps to install speakers in.Mounted on each side of dash,i have a after market windsheild it comes down on each side by the mirrows.I put 1 screw in cap flush with dash and 1 bolt threw back of cap threw windshield and put nut on .It has worked great for 2 years now can hear it;) very well.

DaDrkmysta
01-31-2013, 06:58 PM
I have the shark 250 watt amp and 6'' speakers that came with it.I bought 2 pvc pipe caps to install speakers in.Mounted on each side of dash,i have a after market windsheild it comes down on each side by the mirrows.I put 1 screw in cap flush with dash and 1 bolt threw back of cap threw windshield and put nut on .It has worked great for 2 years now can hear it;) very well.

what does it look like?

Dan-Am
02-01-2013, 01:17 PM
I have no problems hearing mine with full face helmet :D

I think those pods would look great! They appear to be angled correctly and you would be able to hear them when you wanted to...

tajohn
02-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Keep bugging the guy and pass along the info. Like you we like to keep the custom lines of the Spyder thus the Corbin bags. Thanks for the post.

skeetshooter
02-02-2013, 07:26 PM
what does it look like?They look good to me you don't see much of the pvc caps.The speakers are covered up with chrome covers that came with speakers.

Dan-Am
02-02-2013, 08:55 PM
I posted info on my system in the GS/RS forum...didn't want to hijack your thread DaDrkmysta :)

Dan