PDA

View Full Version : Something missed on the PDI

Lamonster
04-02-2008, 05:46 PM
On the other Can Am board there was talk about the AAPTS and Tharkun#409 posted a picture of his and didn't know why his ambient temps were pretty close to being right and mine and some others were so far off. :dontknow: He was right, his was where it should have been and mine and Rons were still ziptied to the shock tower. That tells you how much some of these dealers pay attention to the PDI. :edit:

This is where it should be.
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/tharkun650/Spyder/DSC01675.jpg

This is what Rons looks like.
http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data/5619/1CIMG4809.JPG

And this is where I found it.
"Add the foam provided in ths PDI kit to protect the
tip ot the AAPTS.
Re-route the cable throught he 2 retalning guide
clips.
Connect AAPTS sensor harness to sensor on RH
front side panel.
Secure it using a bolt and plastic nut included in
the PDI kit."

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data/5619/1CIMG4812.JPG
http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data/5619/1CIMG4813.JPG

barb36jack31
04-02-2008, 05:55 PM
I am not technilogically savvy enough to follow this thread. In simple terms, how do I tell whether my ambient temp sensor is in the right place? Sorry to be a pain the butt, but I need some help here. Thanks in advanve.

Jack H.

BOHICA
04-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Jack, look in your lower right intake (the one below the fog light) and this is what you should see (that little gizmo that says Bosch on it), as Lamonster pointed out.
kb

This is where it should be.
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/tharkun650/Spyder/DSC01675.jpg

RTGENE
04-02-2008, 07:33 PM
I am thankful for this web site-----I will be picking up my Spyder 400 miles from home. (on or before May 31) So I am creating my own check list based on information shared here.
I hope to contribute back to the web site in the future.
Gene

Rando
04-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Could this be the cause of the burn spot on the muffler? Engine running too lean?

Diggittt
04-02-2008, 07:52 PM
checked and it was there ;D
digg

sabunim5
04-03-2008, 09:54 AM
;DThanks so much for the post with the pics. I'll be checking my Spyder this afternoon. :bigthumbsup:
sabunim5 :spyder:

Wijllie
04-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Mine is at the right place but way of, I have to change to RPM display because the temp is telling summer
and it feels like winter... New sensor has been ordered to see if the sensor malfunctions

Lamonster
04-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Mine is at the right place but way of, I have to change to RPM display because the temp is telling summer
and it feels like winter... New sensor has been ordered to see if the sensor malfunctions

It will be cool to find out if that changes it.

Wijllie
04-03-2008, 01:15 PM
It will cool to find out if that changes it.

I hope so otherwise I'm stuck with a faulty reading temp meter on the dash, I kind of liked
it to watch on my BMW. It's not necessary but it should work if it's available, know what I mean?

barb36jack31
04-03-2008, 04:22 PM
For BOHICA - Thanks for coming back to me with the picture et al. I checked and my sensor is in the right place. From an old Navy man I say to you - Well done sir! Well done indeed.

Jack H.

kma10-4
04-04-2008, 12:53 AM
so has anyone found out if the sensor also is used to set the engine ????

Lamonster
04-04-2008, 06:19 AM
so has anyone found out if the sensor also is used to set the engine ????

Seeing it's not only a temp sensor it's also a pressure sensor I would think it would have to be. The only way it would be for the gage only is if there is another sensor on the throttle body because I know for a fact that there isn't one on the airbox. I'll have my book back next week to see.

araneae
04-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Great info! I checked mine and it's installed correctly.
Thanks Lamonster

Bryan

2faston3
04-05-2008, 10:43 AM
We need to add this to the Inspection check list...

Along with the neutral switch not being installed...

Just askin!

2faston3

TJ_Spyder
04-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Lamont,

Surprise surprise...seems the three of us that bought at same dealer have same issue. :spyder: Mine is not installed either. I wonder what other steps in the PDI they skipped? My brakes qeaul real bad too.

Lamonster
04-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Lamont,

Surprise surprise...seems the three of us that bought at same dealer have same issue. :spyder: Mine is not installed either. I wonder what other steps in the PDI they skipped? My brakes qeaul real bad too.

You know Chris seemed like a nice guy and all and so did Frank but they had to know those parts went somewhere. Frank said he was going to order in three more kits so maybe yours is one of them. ::) My bet is I'll never hear from them again.

I asked Frank to get me an oil filter and shop manual when I picked up my Spyder in Dec. and I never heard a word back from them. I think that they are all a little too stressed out there. :dontknow:

TJ_Spyder
04-07-2008, 11:02 PM
I was dealing with Steve Ramsey who took over for Frank and I never met Chris. Did seem to be a bit of tension around the shop centering around new management or something.

I guess I'll call them tomorrow and see what they are going to do. Alternatively it looks like Barney's in Brandon may be a Spyder dealer now. I might have to see if I can get mine taken care of there.

barb36jack31
04-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Bought a BMW from Barney's a number of years ago. Service and attention to detail were great.

Jack H.