PDA

View Full Version : Trailer wiring on a rs to tow a 2010 RT 622 trailer

ironsidebob
01-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Would like any info how to wire a rs to tow a 2010 Rt 622 Trailer. Have the hitch now and trailer, just need know what best way to wire the bike up. Thanks for all your help. Ironside.

NancysToy
01-25-2013, 09:54 PM
The 2010 trailer (with separate turn signals) will connect directly to the 5-wire Spyder, but you will have to connect the separate brake light wires on the trailer together. All you will need is matching flat-5 connectors. The connector on the trailer will need to be replaced. As an alternative, you could use a 5-to-4 converter (Hopkins makes a good one) and you would need need to tap that into the Spyder wiring. You would also need to change the plug on the RT-622 (or make an adapter at far greater cost). You would not use the separate turn signals in that case, the brake lights would serve both purposes. If you get stuck, have a buddy that understands trailer wiring, or a trailer shop, help you out. It should be fairly straightforward.

bandwagon
03-09-2013, 06:47 PM
I just purchased a RT-622 2010 to be pulled by my 09 SE-5. My dealership seems to be having a little trouble making it work. BRP has told them that it will work but I guess the two are going to need to spend a little time together on this one. I'm sure they will get it all working in time. As long as it is in plenty of time for Spyderfest.

The 2010 trailer (with separate turn signals) will connect directly to the 5-wire Spyder, but you will have to connect the separate brake light wires on the trailer together. All you will need is matching flat-5 connectors. The connector on the trailer will need to be replaced. As an alternative, you could use a 5-to-4 converter (Hopkins makes a good one) and you would need need to tap that into the Spyder wiring. You would also need to change the plug on the RT-622 (or make an adapter at far greater cost). You would not use the separate turn signals in that case, the brake lights would serve both purposes. If you get stuck, have a buddy that understands trailer wiring, or a trailer shop, help you out. It should be fairly straightforward.

Tx web rider
03-09-2013, 08:15 PM
i purchased 2 of the single connector drop leads for the blinker connections and a triple drop for the brakes

http://tricled.com/TricLed.com/GS_RS_order_page.html

if you go to this page and scroll to the bottom area you will see

"Hardware that make installation easier and faster

OEM style connectors"

it shows the 4 type connectors

they make a single a double a triple and the 5 pin connector

what you need is the single connector X2
and one of the triple connectors

after you get these you will open the back of your spyder splash pan up and locate the connectors inside

disconnect ONE of the triples from either the left or the right brakes and insert the new on in the open one both plugs close the circuit and leave you 3 wires to tap into without Cutting the original wires and keep it water tight

the turn signals i had to play with there is a white and a black wire for them at first i had the white wire used for the new single drop but the lights didn't work properly so i put them on the black and everything worked fine

i hope this helps out

after they are connected make your pigtail come down add a 5 pin plug to the end wire the trailer to match and you have a great lighting set up for the trailer

i noticed the trailer needs LED lights to not mess with the bike if the trailer has standard lights your blinkers will be way to fast

if you have anymore questions let me know ill try to help

David